So, about them cars!

+
So I know I'm not the only one to enjoy today's live stream. I'm not a car guy. Not big into cars, I felt they invested A LOT into cars which perhaps could have been used elsewhere. However, with all that said. I am VERY impressed! Even not being a car guy I already want to take to the streets, do a little racing and a bit of exploring, even buy me some hot "guy" magnet :p

Now I'm curious though. Are there going to be gun turrets for some cars? I could have sworn I saw one in the video. However, it wasn't clear enough to tell.

Yeah the cars looked good. No complaints. The driving physics seemed ok too. Only one thing that bugged me was that there has been very few motorcycles shown. EDIT: I take it back, I guess theres been at least 4-5 different motorcycles?

Last edited:
Big fan. The Porsche is an odd choice with all these make believe cars I don’t see why one real car needs to be thrown in. What happened to all the other real car manufacturers?

those hard leans on a motorcycle, in the rain made me cringe a bit, but all in all I’m really liking how the vehicles look and sound

Big fan. The Porsche is an odd choice with all these make believe cars I don’t see why one real car needs to be thrown in. What happened to all the other real car manufacturers?
Probably bankcrupt? Johnnys porsche is exactly 100 years old in 2077..

Apparently in 2020 source material (somewhere, I haven't seen it myself) Johnny drove a similar porsche 911. So the car IS lore-accurate. How is it still in one piece, I would like to know. Maybe Kerry Eurodyne kept it?

I loved today's Night City Wire, the vehicles look utterly superb! It being a huge city of the future, cars are obviously going to be a big part of that: especially in the USA. I am IN LOVE with not only how detailed they are, but their use as props too.

1602795108568.png
1602795140697.png

This quick snapshot of the cop car and biohazard truck parked up at a crash scene is an amazing piece of added detail. Stuff like this is what I utterly adore. The variation of vehicles is amazing too: I love how some cop cars have way more almost jury rigged looking armor and plain old "POLICE" painted on the side, while newer cop cars have holographic signage!

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the driving to look as solid as it does, or the amount of effort they put into sound design and authenticity. They clearly aren't taking any short cuts. I love the art direction as well. All the vehicles look top notch.

I just spent an hour taking screenshots from the NCW4 video, of vehicles that were like 0.5 seconds apart. Ton of information regarding vehicles. I might drop them to cyberpunk wiki or somewhere some day (not today). I did notice the relative scarcity of base models.

I also paid attention to new songs in the background. Something at least in the same ballpark as rock this time. Im glad.

Overall, its looking better and better.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if its a typo or truth that Rayfield caliburn has 1660 horsepower... Seems more than any other car by a factor of 10..

054 rayfield caliburn.jpg

Last edited:
I just spent an hour taking screenshots from the NCW4 video, of vehicles that were like 0.5 seconds apart. Ton of information regarding vehicles. I might drop them to cyberpunk wiki or somewhere some day (not today). I did notice the relative scarcity of base models.

I also paid attention to new songs in the background. Something at least in the same ballpark as rock this time. Im glad.

Overall, its looking better and better.

I wonder if its a typo or truth that Rayfield caliburn has 1660 horsepower... Seems more than any other car by a factor of 10..

View attachment 11063201
LOL. I think they added an extra 0 by mistake.

Probably bankcrupt? Johnnys porsche is exactly 100 years old in 2077..

Apparently in 2020 source material (somewhere, I haven't seen it myself) Johnny drove a similar porsche 911. So the car IS lore-accurate. How is it still in one piece, I would like to know. Maybe Kerry Eurodyne kept it?

Considering that the guy is a legend in NCW, probably some mercs from the Afterlife (could be some Porsche club guys too) kept it intact somehow.

Haven't checked it yet...waiting 'till I get home & watch on the big screen.

There betsta be a 6000 SUX variant or else...

A version of the SLR 5000 that I could cruise the badlands would also kick ass.

Yeah the cars looked good. No complaints. The driving physics seemed ok too. Only one thing that bugged me was that there has been very few motorcycles shown. EDIT: I take it back, I guess theres been at least 4-5 different motorcycles?

Agreed. Driving physics look a lot better than the previous demo. Looks more fluid and semi realistic.

Guess I'm one of the odd ones, I didn't really like the cars that much, personally. I have to say I really like the motorcycles though, also the work they put into this is amazing so I'm looking forward to it.

View attachment 11063201

I think its accurate. That's probably one of the most high end cars in night city and it was manufactured in 2070 so the car is only 7 years old. That's also the car I want personally.

I loved the Mamai and kinda gutted they didn't managed to add a tunning option for the vehicules.

I'll keep it as my main vehicule for my junkie-street punk run that happens to get Johnny in his head and don't really know if it's real or if Synth-drugs fried his brain for good.

But dude... I would love to armor it and swap the motor for a sport one, doing chase and cool tricks with my rolling shit box (under influence of various drugs, obviously).

I think its accurate. That's probably one of the most high end cars in night city and it was manufactured in 2070 so the car is only 7 years old. That's also the car I want personally

Im saying it might be a typo because the disparity to every other model shown is so great. Like over double. I get the feeling they added '1' in front by accident (as the number is basically same as the weight)

The Aerondight (a 'better' model than Caliburn) has 950.
Quadra Turbo R has 607.
Quadra type 66 has 666 (the number of the beast :love:)
Herrera outlaw has 755.
Villefort Alvarado has 405.
etc.

Now I'm curious though. Are there going to be gun turrets for some cars? I could have sworn I saw one in the video. However, it wasn't clear enough to tell.
Doubtful unless they come with one.

This is NOT Mad Max, don't expect to be blasting your way thru the wastelands with your self-made "tank".

Personally, loved the Maimai. What an adorable little shitbox...
Obviously based on the infamous Austin Mini.

Im saying it might be a typo because the disparity to every other model shown is so great. Like over double. I get the feeling they added '1' in front by accident (as the number is basically same as the weight)

The Aerondight (a 'better' model than Caliburn) has 950.
Quadra Turbo R has 607.
Quadra type 66 has 666 (the number of the beast :love:)
Herrera outlaw has 755.
Villefort Alvarado has 405.
etc.
That's an awful lot of horsepower for what are mostly street vehicles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom