So according to some patch 1.04/1.05 did not fix XP

+
So according to some patch 1.04/1.05 did not fix XP

For one the patch notes do not say anything about the XP fix and users are reporting that this is correct as the XP bug is still present. Are you telling me after waiting this long the dang XP bug was pulled from this patch? Holy crap that is ridiculous.

---------- Updated at 11:38 AM ----------

Sony has a cert process to but that patch dropped within minutes of the PC patch. Can a Mod give us a clue as to when the Xbox patch is going live?

Irx

Senior user
The notes say something about "improving XP distribution for grey quests", I guess that's it.

It was fixed. http://imgur.com/a/a6goi

Relevant line: Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.

The way it is worded lends credence to the theory that the XP bug was caused by the quests in game being labeled as higher level than they really were in the quest rewards table.

Fixed it for me on PS4. Been testing quests for about an hour now, they are green quests too. Before the patch they all gave 0 XP. Since the new patch, they all give XP, some during the quest, some on completion, some both. But it appears to be working again.

I'm good case.

I got the XP bug last night. Finished "Redania's Most Wanted" and "Get Junior!" and didn't get any XP for them. This was the first time this had happened. Luckily, I still had a manual save from right before I turned them both in.

Patched to 1.05 this morning, booted up that old save, went to turn in "Redania's Most Wanted," and BOOM. Got XP for finishing the quest.

I did the King is dead long live the king quest it is supposed to give 600 xp. Previously I got 0 xp. After patch I got 150xp, 150xp, 150xp and 5xp during the course of the quest. The reason I got 5xp for the last part was that I expected to receive all xp at once as that is what I have seen from other playthroughs. So after the 3x150xp I actually leveled up and was 6 levels over the requirement. So instead of receiving 0 the implemented 5xp popped up.

Then I reloaded my save from A poet under pressure quest which is supposed to give 1000 xp. Previously I got 0 xp. After patch I received 1000xp at the conclusion of the quest.

So the xp bug is indeed fixed it seems. Now how about those 3000+/- xp I have lost......around the corner?

JNova

Forum regular
I just did A Poet Under Pressure a few hours ago, before patch 0 XP, after patch 800 XP, my level was 17 and I hit 18 after that quest, is there XP scaling of sort for reward? Also I'm not sure if I'm suppose to get XP for A Feast For Crows but 0 XP pre-patch and post-patch.

Also no Sancticus XP will not be retroactively given to you.

Actually the patch broke one of my saves on HM, i turned in a level 16 bounty (The White Lady) got 0 exp, turned in a level 20 something bounty got nothing (i am level 14 on that play) but it could be before i used the "expfix" mod, so it just corrupted my entire save, even after removing the fix i still get fuck all so going to play up a new save to see if it's still borked.

Edit: Seems like i fixed it by getting myself a new patch.bundle and patching just the various other mods i use and skipping the "fix" exp is now back as normal.

Last edited:
I did the King is dead long live the king quest it is supposed to give 600 xp. Previously I got 0 xp. After patch I got 150xp, 150xp, 150xp and 5xp during the course of the quest. The reason I got 5xp for the last part was that I expected to receive all xp at once as that is what I have seen from other playthroughs. So after the 3x150xp I actually leveled up and was 6 levels over the requirement. So instead of receiving 0 the implemented 5xp popped up.

Then I reloaded my save from A poet under pressure quest which is supposed to give 1000 xp. Previously I got 0 xp. After patch I received 1000xp at the conclusion of the quest.

So the xp bug is indeed fixed it seems. Now how about those 3000+/- xp I have lost......around the corner?
How do you know how many exp is each quest supposed to give? Cause I just tried with two quest and only got 25 exp each (One was "green", 2 levels above mine, the other one was "red", 6 levels above mine).

How do you know how many exp is each quest supposed to give? Cause I just tried with two quest and only got 25 exp each (One was "green", 2 levels above mine, the other one was "red", 6 levels above mine).

Hehehe, that question again. Oh well. I check a few youtube playthroughs of the same quests and crossreference their quest rewards with mine.

Hehehe, that question again. Oh well. I check a few youtube playthroughs of the same quests and crossreference their quest rewards with mine.
Damn, that's what I suspected. Then I simply was unlucky, since the quests I checked on youtube one cut right before when that's shown and the other doesn't show it (guess because of the exp bug). Well, thanks for your answer anyway.

---------- Updated at 11:46 PM ----------

Damn, that's what I suspected. Then I simply was unlucky, since the quests I checked on youtube one cut right before when that's shown and the other doesn't show it (guess because of the exp bug). Well, thanks for your answer anyway.

Just done Cardinal Sins and the quest for Hattori and received no xp. I'm on Ps4. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed?

The heart of the matter seems to be that we have lost faith in the xp rewards system. I know I have. I can't complete any quest now without second guessing the xp gain. I'm one step away from writing down every xp reward from every quest objective. I can't begin to describe how immersion breaking that is.

The only thing I can think to do is revert back to 1.01 or 1.02. I seemed to have quite a smooth experience in the beginning. In my case the patches have broken more things than they've fixed. Even if that statement is true or not, that's the general impression I have and that in itself is the problem. I want my faith back.

Top Bottom