So after E3... is The Witcher 3 really a PC game ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after E3... is The Witcher 3 really a PC game ?

...question is in the title... what about it ? was it all X1 exclusive ? no mouse and keybord footage... what about the UI ? what about us pc gamers ?

cheers

E3 is console games convention to show off console games to console crowds , they said we would get good keyboard controls and UI and I believe them along with the best graphical optimization possible

...question is in the title... what about it ? was it all X1 exclusive ? no mouse and keybord footage... what about the UI ? what about us pc gamers ?

cheers
E3 is a show mostly about console games in the console-favoring US and they presented the game in a conference for X1 games. What did you expect? ;)

But don't worry, there will be PC controls and UI for sure. I really hope that they will show us a proper PC version with PC UI and mouse and keyboard input at Gamescom in August. Europe is still the homeland of PC gamers and very more open to PC gaming so it would make perfect sense there.

Eww, I would assume that is still is because of CD Projekt their history and the fact that many of the devs are pc gamers.
That said, seeing some mk footage or specific pc UI showing would be welcome.

I really like an answer for this as well. I don't want to play the same UI that is for console. I'm not playing a console game which every PC game has been forced down the throat. Luckily i don't have to suffer this nonsense with MOBA.

I like to be able to use my skill in full glory with my 6 buttons mouse, WASDF, Q,E,R,F,C,1,2,3,4.. without need to use the slowdown menu to choose my sign or change my skill.

Dude. The game was running on the PC in all demos. About the UI, yes, I wish it to see it as well.

Eww, I would assume that is still is because of CD Projekt their history and the fact that many of the devs are pc gamers.
That said, seeing some mk footage or specific pc UI showing would be welcome.
Well, the problem is that you could think that a game which is even played on PC with a controller is "made with a gamepad in mind". That's one of the worst possible nightmares for PC gamers...

One would think that a company like CDPR would develop the M+K gameplay and controls FIRST and only after this control scheme has the perfect feel and functionality they would implement the gamepad control scheme. But obviously it's either the other way round (which would be very sad but also the unsatisfying reality of multiplatform development at many studios...) or they hid the M+K controls and PC UI and stuff from us so far for whatever unknown and incomprehensible reason...

:rebel:

Games are rarely ever demoed with M&K, especially at E3. Hence the UI was for gamepads, not for M&K.

CDPR have already said that there will be separate UIs for M&K and gamepads. Additionally, UI is very easy to refine and change and hence one of the last things to be finalised in any game. The UI seen during E3 probably isn't even WIP, we might well get a completely different UI by the time TW3 actually releases.

Games are rarely ever demoed with M&K, especially at E3. Hence the UI was for gamepads, not for M&K.

CDPR have already said that there will be separate UIs for M&K and gamepads. Additionally, UI is very easy to refine and change and hence one of the last things to be finalised in any game. The UI seen during E3 probably isn't even WIP, we might well get a completely different UI by the time TW3 actually releases.

Well i'm not sure if it's easy to refine. If it's easy, i'm wondering why most games ported to PC from consoles retain the controller UI?

I watched the interview, they mentioned the game ran on PC? But the interface clearly is a console UI. That suxs for me.
Right, they say it's running on PC.

The griffin chase demo from the Microsoft conference was running on the xbone.

And as far as I know the interface looked "consolified" in all the demos because they were using controllers. I fully expect the PC UI to be catered to PC users, with a pointer and everything.

CDPR promised some time ago, that there will be a completely separate UI for the PC version, which will be tailored for mouse and keyboard. They just haven't shown it yet, with E3 being console-centric and so on.

CDPR promised some time ago, that there will be a completely separate UI for the PC version, which will be tailored for mouse and keyboard. They just haven't shown it yet, with E3 being console-centric and so on.

Hopefully. What if CDPR kept quiet and last minute we are getting the same UI? Sorry folks, due to cost and resources and to unify across all platforms, there wasn't much difference in UI for the changes, so this is what you have?

Anyway i'm really hopeful for PC UI. As not or ANY game developer will do it just for PC. Most games have the same console UI slapped for PC.

The controls itself are the much bigger issue than the UI imo. You almost always can see whether a game is made for a controller or for M+K...

The controls itself are the much bigger issue than the UI imo. You almost always can see whether a game is made for a controller or for M+K...

Well we just won't know how it controls until release. Or until a journalist is handed a M&KB (which probably never happen, most demos nowadays are presented using controllers).

Nonetheless, it's too early to judge. All the demos were played with a controller, so of course the UI looks and controls the way it does. I just hope CDPR will keep their promise and that PC gamers get their own UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom