So Badowski responded to Schreier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious the game is not finished, it was supposed to be released in 2022

now we have to wait for patches and updates and hopefully the missing content thanks to those who complained about delays

maybe we have to wait 2 years for the game to be complete

No. I am most certainly not making things up. They have not once addressed any gameplay feature concerns even tho they had the opportunity to do so multiple times. As things stand, they are super happy with their 9/10 10/10 game on PC, and once the last gen console fiesco is over, they will push out the DLCs as planned.

So yes you have made it up. Not addressing something does not mean anything other than not speaking on it. And you have zero knowledge of the free and pay for DLC content that is in the works. You are making definitive statements based on supposition and conjecture from a handful of dev posts on the web.

It's obvious the game is not finished, it was supposed to be released in 2022

now we have to wait for patches and updates and hopefully the missing content thanks to those who complained about delays

maybe we have to wait 2 years for the game to be complete
If only they would give us any indication that they have plans to do so. So far they only addressed bugs. Not features. Not one.
Post automatically merged:

So yes you have made it up. Not addressing something does not mean anything other than not speaking on it. And you have zero knowledge of the free and pay for DLC content that is in the works. You are making definitive statements based on supposition and conjecture from a handful of dev posts on the web.
Trust me, I want to be wrong so soooo bad.

I like the game. I have played 300+hrs.

Like many I have to wait on patches to fix bugs before I play again.

No. That is what people are reading in to its statement. Nowhere did any of the devs state its in a "final" state, and they sure as hell did not state its perfect. They have already stated clearly several times they are working on content updates, not just bug fixes.
Hope you are right, I kind of like the game as well, but I want to like it more than I actually do. I love just walking and driving around the city, checking it's beuty, more than anything... but then it hits me: city is dead, I can't seem to dive deep and get involved with all the gangs, neighborhood cultures, realities withing it, live it via deep, branching, and long intriguing numerous side quests it should have (like, for exampl, Elder Scrolls). Main champaign is fine but it's as short as a good side quest should be in a good RPG, and good RPGs have at least a dozen of those. No ways to interact with the city and appreciate all it's beuty better either.

But. Again. I hope you're right.

Look I am not trying to be some contrarion here folks. I am just an old fart who has done this rodeo several times in 30+ years. What is happening here has happened hundreds of times before and will happen hundreds of times again.

You need to cut CPDR some slack. They have apologised, offered refunds, and made statements of intent. VERY VERY few developers would ever even consider that.

IF the patches coming do not fix the game first and fore most, then I have a pitch-fork at the ready and will be at the front of the complainers que. But not until then. They get the benefit of the doubt because the said sorry. Simple as that.

Alright fellas, the game got 9s and 10s from gaming outlets around the world. End of story. Close the shop, mang.
I mean lets be honest....
download (1).jpg

Look I am not trying to be some contrarion here folks. I am just an old fart who has done this rodeo several times in 30+ years. What is happening here has happened hundreds of times before and will happen hundreds of times again.

You need to cut CPDR some slack. They have apologised, offered refunds, and made statements of intent. VERY VERY few developers would ever even consider that.

IF the patches coming do not fix the game first and fore most, then I have a pitch-fork at the ready and will be at the front of the complainers que. But not until then. They get the benefit of the doubt because the said sorry. Simple as that.
I didn't refund the game. That's the slack I'm giving them.

Yep. It's like they built a house and now the residents move in.
The house looks great, the materials are of premium quality, everything is polished and very tastefully done. But when you spend a little more time in there after the initial room tour, you notice that there are only floor lamps everywhere, but no ceiling lights, because obviousely there was no time for proper electrical installation. Then you realise that the beautiful view of the garden is only a photorealistic picture glued onto the windows and some walls are only made of cardboard with a pretty wallpaper on top. Also, some doors are locked and when you spy through the keyhole, you see the outside, because there are no rooms behind them. At least there is a fireplace... but wait, that's just a HD TV running a video of a fire, built into a chimney.
So, you have a house, yes, and clearly you can live in it, so it works as advertised. But that's it, otherwise it's full of placeholders and unfinished work and is in reality still a construction site.

And then the architect tells you, that this is exactly the house they wanted to build. Seriously?
Man, I congratulate you fully. Amazing analogy, that is how I feel exactly and I am sure many other players here feel the very same way. I can only wish with all my soul that CDPR is reading this coments here (please).

Gaming journalism became a joke when they started getting "early" releases to "review". When they had to wait the same as everyone else it wasnt as bad, because at least then they were playing the same version as everyone else. Now they are all too terrified of making the suits angry and getting its future pre-release reviews canned because they dont have anything to review.

Unfotunately I really can't name many titles that recovered after a disastrous launch, or had core gameplay elements patched in later on for free. Not single player games at least. Aside from the famous NMS and FF14 ofc.

I'm simply to cynical to believe in the AAA gaming industry. Especially when CDPR are showcasing carbon copy behavior from bioware.

Let's talk seriously.

The car chase example is exactly what I was talking about in another thread. They give us couple of scripted scenes and pretend it's a major feature. As I said, clever deception. And when journos say it's almost entirely fake, they don't mean what you see isn't an actual playable thing. It's just it doesn't represent the game as a whole. You won't see non-linearity like that for 95% of the rest of the game. Not to mention, almost everything that the voice over promises.

I can respect that. You're simply giving them a chance, the benefit of the doubt... until, say, 2022 (?).

Gaming journalism became a joke when they started getting "early" releases to "review". When they had to wait the same as everyone else it wasnt as bad, because at least then they were playing the same version as everyone else. Now they are all too terrified of making the suits angry and getting its future pre-release reviews canned because they dont have anything to review.
download.jpg

There is a much greater conversation to be had about managers in general but it's not for this thread.

Can't say I agree. Management knows far more about anything on-going than people believe. What I think happens is that people confuse not knowing about the issues and not caring about the issues.

It's actually pretty standard in the industry to do that.

But, with that said, they already stated that employees would get their bonuses regardless of the game's score after this situation began.
They way it was written, it led me to believe it was something 'different' than the norm. Thanks for the info...

Adam's reference to the "multiple 9/10 and 10/10 reviews" for the PC version, and about how features always get cut, throws up warning flags to me that the company considers the PC version feature complete and it needs no fixing.

At this point I'm not sure we'll ever see the vast and deep open-world game we expected.

Adam's reference to the "multiple 9/10 and 10/10 reviews" for the PC version, and about how features always get cut, throws up warning flags to me that the company considers the PC version feature complete and it needs no fixing.
Well, it was stated by multiple people from CDPR already. On discord, by Iwinski and Badowski. PC version is great, needs a few fixes here and there, console versions need more work. Everything is fine.

The same can be said about Jason's article though. What right do these 20 have to speak on behalf of the other 480?

As for 20 being enough, it's not. Not by any reliable sampling method. Especially not if you want a low margin of error. It would need to be at least 50+.

The purpose of interviewing those people and putting it in the article is to give insight into the behind the scenes... process. This insight is then expanded upon in an attempt to provide a reason for why the game launch went as it did. The statistics or sample size is less important then the insight.

The appropriate response to 20 employees bringing into question the development process is to address the statements they are making directly. This person said X and here is why it didn't actually go down that way. This type of deal. This probably isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. Dismissing their commentary based exclusively on the fact 20 is a small percentage of 500 is incredibly convenient and, quite frankly, not fair to them.

In fairness to Adam, some of the commentary on the game state is way overblown. In fairness to the criticism, a lot of it isn't. A lot of defense of the company is overblown too. Granted, this is kind of a characteristic of humanity in general. People tend to get so caught up in their views they go overboard with them (especially on the internet where there is far less accountability). With nearly everything the truth or reality often falls near the middle line. Not at the extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom