So Badowski responded to Schreier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denial is a helluva drug.

Badowski should not be leading the studio if he's this deluded about the game. He's fixated on metacritic, so let's look at that: 2077 is the worst reviewed game from an aggregate perspective in the studio's history. It's their worst fan reviewed game as well. It has the most negative reviews. It was pulled from Sony's platform. The fact they got some 9s and 10s doesn't mean shit overall. Truly depressing to see he thinks the game turned out hunky dory.
This is a good point, focusing on metacritic should not be the only source of feedback. That's like making a 10 page essay with one source talking about a detailed topic that has many perspectives.

It really is starting to get annoying that every time we hear anything from the "higher ups" its just excuses or how great they think their final product was on PC. We the players are getting no response and are totally ignored. Seems what we got, is what it will be. Such a shame and great potential wasted.
Yup, bugs are the minor problems with this game. And man, even on PC, this game has bugs and glaring performance optimization problems... so you make your conclusions...

This is a good point, focusing on metacritic should not be the only source of feedback. That's like making a 10 page essay with one source talking about a detailed topic that has many perspectives.
Didn't I read or hear from somewhere that CDPR had based their bonus system off of game review scores???

Well you know... I think people who actually worked among those 500 other might have a better insight into the general moral and opinion than the guy who is in a leading position. In my experience, managment rarely knows about the ongoings underneath them.

There is a much greater conversation to be had about managers in general but it's not for this thread.

Can't say I agree. Management knows far more about anything on-going than people believe. What I think happens is that people confuse not knowing about the issues and not caring about the issues.
Post automatically merged:

Didn't I read or hear from somewhere that CDPR had based their bonus system off of game review scores???

It's actually pretty standard in the industry to do that.

But, with that said, they already stated that employees would get their bonuses regardless of the game's score after this situation began.

My feelings exactly! This game should have stayed in the cooker for another 18-24 months, at least! However, if they will really follow through and support it and put the time and money into it that they should, I think there is enough, 'base-vanilla' foundation here that this game could be day and NIGHT from release to its year 1 anniversary.

OR, I am still blinded by my hope and desire for more Witcher games...which won't happen if CP2077 is a complete bust.
Barebones is the key word here. Minimal functioning product.

Wish I was so optimistic... but I hope you're right.
I'm not trying to be optimistic about the game. Let's see if I can convey myself better objectively from a subjective perspective. The game's story alone if bug free would be like original mafia in it's current state (where choice really doesn't effect the future of the story). The game is like a 15 -20 hour movie if you strictly do the main missions and not the main side stories. This game would of been considered a great movie game and some like myself would still be upset that it wasn't the rpg promised. It's kind of the main reason mafia 1 is still praised. The story is phenomenal. you feel for every character and actually feel like you there with them since the writing and voice acting is very good. The gameplay is very lack luster and feels like a borderlands rip off. Including the skill system. But the skill system in borderlands is much better because the skills in cyberpunk are like badass rank buffs for borderlands and not many new skills the character can actually learn. But this game has a lot of wiggle room to change for the better due to how the core gameplay feels and works. Making this game gameplay wise very barebones in a sense. I hope this was a bit clearer from my perspective

Denial is a helluva drug.

Badowski should not be leading the studio if he's this deluded about the game. He's fixated on metacritic, so let's look at that: 2077 is the worst reviewed game from an aggregate perspective in the studio's history. It's their worst fan reviewed game as well. It has the most negative reviews. It was pulled from Sony's platform. The fact they got some 9s and 10s doesn't mean shit overall. Truly depressing to see he thinks the game turned out hunky dory.
I would say they have their marketing team to thank for almost all of the positive reception and those people who played it for 30 hours just to be involved with all the hype and never touched it again are all gone playing/watching/doing whatever the next big thing is. It has been frustrating to hear them speak as if they really think it's a good game beyond the bugs and glitches because it sounds like crazy talk to people who are still hanging around for if and when it actually is a good game.

Indeed. That is exactly how I would describe it. What we have now is a skeleton of the game we all want. I am pretty sure the devs can fill it out more over time.
Thing is CDPR seems to be in denial that the game is perfect and finished already. They don't acknowledge that what they have is just a barebones foundation, and by doing so they kill the possibility of actaully finishing it too... hope I made myself clear.

Thing is CDPR seems to be in denial that the game is perfect and finished already. They don't acknowledge that what they have is just a barebones foundation, and by doing so they kill the possibility of actaully finishing it too... hope I made myself clear.
That is the issue. So far every statement they made only confirmed that the game won't be expanded on mechanic wise. Only comsetics, QoL and story.

I'm not trying to be optimistic about the game. Let's see if I can convey myself better objectively from a subjective perspective. The game's story alone if bug free would be like original mafia in it's current state (where choice really doesn't effect the future of the story). The game is like a 15 -20 hour movie if you strictly do the main missions and not the main side stories. This game would of been considered a great movie game and some like myself would still be upset that it wasn't the rpg promised. It's kind of the main reason mafia 1 is still praised. The story is phenomenal. you feel for every character and actually feel like you there with them since the writing and voice acting is very good. The gameplay is very lack luster and feels like a borderlands rip off. Including the skill system. But the skill system in borderlands is much better because the skills in cyberpunk are like badass rank buffs for borderlands and not many new skills the character can actually learn. But this game has a lot of wiggle room to change for the better due to how the core gameplay feels and works. Making this game gameplay wise very barebones in a sense. I hope this was a bit clearer from my perspective
Thanks for taking the effort to write that. Like I said: problem is , or I see it this way, CDPR seems to be in full denial of the fact game needs an overall. They keep stating how the game is good on PC and how the gameplay is amazing as if the only concerns are the bugs. And by not acknowledging the games actual problems far beyond the bugs, they end up killing the possibility to make the core game better (because for them it's perfect already).

That is the issue. So far every statement they made only confirmed that the game won't be expanded on mechanic wise. Only comsetics, QoL and story.
Which is terribly sad and depressing : (

I like the game. I have played 300+hrs.

Like many I have to wait on patches to fix bugs before I play again.

No. That is what people are reading in to its statement. Nowhere did any of the devs state its in a "final" state, and they sure as hell did not state its perfect. They have already stated clearly several times they are working on content updates, not just bug fixes.

Thanks for taking the effort to write that. Like I said: problem is , or I see it this way, CDPR seems to be in full denial of the fact game needs an overall. They keep stating how the game is good on PC and how the gameplay is amazing as if the only concerns are the bugs. And by not acknowledging the games actual problems far beyond the bugs, they end up killing the possibility to make the core game better (because for them it's perfect already).

Which is terribly sad and depressing : (
which I do agree with completely the game is far from perfect. I had a bug once where I couldn't drive through a inner city area road due to an invisible wall but an ai could drive through it perfectly fine. And the higher ups at CDPR say game is perfect. Which is far from the truth. And I hope the devs make an uprising on their leadership to actually listen to them.

The only thing i'm going to say is that i really hope fixing the game on PC means that they will fix everything that's broken besides bugs and glitches: AI, Police, Immersion, Physics and all those little important details that were left out unpolished. I don't think that will be the case being that they are proud of the PC version which make it seems it's final to them. Who knows...

No it has not. You are making things up and presenting it as fact.
No. I am most certainly not making things up. They have not once addressed any gameplay feature concerns even tho they had the opportunity to do so multiple times. As things stand, they are super happy with their 9/10 10/10 game on PC, and once the last gen console fiesco is over, they will push out the DLCs as planned.

Barebones is the key word here. Minimal functioning product.
Yep. It's like they built a house and now the residents move in.
The house looks great, the materials are of premium quality, everything is polished and very tastefully done. But when you spend a little more time in there after the initial room tour, you notice that there are only floor lamps everywhere, but no ceiling lights, because obviousely there was no time for proper electrical installation. Then you realise that the beautiful view of the garden is only a photorealistic picture glued onto the windows and some walls are only made of cardboard with a pretty wallpaper on top. Also, some doors are locked and when you spy through the keyhole, you see the outside, because there are no rooms behind them. At least there is a fireplace... but wait, that's just a HD TV running a video of a fire, built into a chimney.
So, you have a house, yes, and clearly you can live in it, so it works as advertised. But that's it, otherwise it's full of placeholders and unfinished work and is in reality still a construction site.

And then the architect tells you, that this is exactly the house they wanted to build. Seriously?

The "Work in Progress" watermark is to let people know game will be much improved upon what they are seeing are hearing the narrator describe in the final version.

What we got was, insteed, a 100% dowgraded version in every single aspect shown or described.

Costumers should never, ever, expect any kind of downgrade or cut content that compleatly changes the game like this. Thia type of practice is just indecent.

Except in the graphical aspect. Let's be fair, the game looks beautiful. That's the only thing i think they improved so much since that demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom