So Badowski responded to Schreier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I really can't name many titles that recovered after a disastrous launch, or had core gameplay elements patched in later on for free. Not single player games at least. Aside from the famous NMS and FF14 ofc.

Every GTA since Libery City? I mean GTA games literally come broken at release, and has content added over time. X4? It had some of the worst reviews of the series at release. Its got way more features and content now
I can respect that. You're simply giving them a chance, the benefit of the doubt... until, say, 2022 (?).

As I said I am reserving any judgments until such time as the first two announced updates are released. I feel that is enough to be able to see honest intent in improving the title, or not as the case may be.

Maybe "leadership" should just sit at home counting their money and let the devs make the game that was promised as well as make decisions about the game instead. If so called "leadership" actually played the game then they'd see that it is indeed a disastrous launch. Whatever happened to, "your decisions in game decide on whether a person lives or dies"? That was literally in the cinematic video where we see Jackie die

Well, it was stated by multiple people from CDPR already. On discord, by Iwinski and Badowski. PC version is great, needs a few fixes here and there, console versions need more work. Everything is fine.
trans-2.gif

First, Marcin Iwiński says - we are proud of the PC version of the game.
And now Adam Badowski repeats his words - 9/10 ft 10 / 10s PC from many renown gaming outlets.

They really BELIEVE that everything is fine with their game and the problem is only in bugs. They really believe they have released a great, finished game.

And this is awful. This means that there is a high probability that Cyberpunk will not be redone. Return cut features and quests.
Meanwhile, on YouTube there are already videos on which the moderators PASS THE CUT-OUT QUESTS! It's just fucking incredible!

And now Adam Badowski repeats his words - 9/10 ft 10 / 10s PC from many renown gaming outlets.

They really BELIEVE that everything is fine with their game and the problem is only in bugs. They really believe they have released a great, finished game.

And this is awful. This means that there is a high probability that Cyberpunk will not be redone. Return cut features and quests.
Meanwhile, on YouTube there are already videos on which the moderators PASS THE CUT-OUT QUESTS! It's just fucking incredible!

It's bewildering really. The level of hubris shown by those two can, and has, brought down entire empires. I'd look a complete fool if I ran around the world yelling: "Nan gave me a gold start and we put it on the fridge and I got extra ice-cream and a new colouring pen and.... so you're all wrong :p".

The PC version is a buggy mess period.

If they say that cyberpunk with all the crap that was done wrong - AI on top of my list is 10/10 why bother talking anymore. You just move on.

Trips to imagination land are wonderful but I think you're supposed to come back at some point. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Before that they said "We believe we have a great game on our hands and we just need a little more time to polish it."

download.gif

What happened to choices matter and ripple through the gaming world? What happened to RPG mechanics?

Seriously this isn't about bugs.

I suppose it’s a good time to put the game away for a good while and see if it is still interesting the way it is (the way it works and plays) after a year or two, knowing that the parts that are held as important (RPG systems, mechanics and features) aren’t likely to see improvements or expanding because they are seen as fine 9-10/10 material to be very proud if.

Too bad.

There's issues sure and its because it was rush out the door. Honestly though, am I the only one that remembers TW3 on release day? Or anytime in the first month for that matter?!?!

I had a fairly smooth run through all three of those games. The first two I bought and played within the first week of release but I think I got TW3 maybe three weeks after launch (These are rough but fairly good approximations of the timeframe). Of all three the first had issues that I noticed but they weren't enough for me to down the game within the first two hours. I've only really played about 40 mins of CP 2077 -- 2hrs 36m total but that's two starting paths and playing through Street kid twice, Corpo once and I've not gone farther than recovering Flathead. It was a really bad experience for me and such a stark contrast from prior experiences with CDPR games.

Aside from the sense of disappointment I feel about that, there is also a sense of betrayal and deception that I simply can't let slide. If I, and we, do that then the standards that made them what they were becomes a: "Does not epresent the final look of the game" type affair.

Last edited:
Adam Badowski: “Our game looks and plays way better than what that demo ever was.”

<Blinks> Are you f---ing kidding me?!? Uh, which reality is Adam in? Cause I would like him in this one, please.

<Rubs forehead> I am so tired all of all the lies and bullshit. Its like you dealing with E.A.

CDPR needs to be honest and just stop making excuse about the state of the game and patronizing players.

Every time I read one of these Q and A or articles or what-have-you, I do not want to read it. Why? Cause in my decades of playing video games, I have heard more b.s. like this from companies, then the truth.

You want to earn some of my respect back CDPR?

Step up to the mic and say, “We know the game is in a shit state. We knew when it when we decided to release it. We are sorry.”

This Is Fine GIF

ya1

Forum regular
How puzzling is the fact that CDPR, supposedly "committed to regaining people's trust," still casually engages in this kind of PR... First the guy "apologizes" while spitting out shit like "we're proud of the PC version" and "it's only the consoles we've screwed up." CDPR spokespeople should stop trying to make it a thing. In my PC copy, I had Jackie draw his last breath while removing his pistol from his neck, not the Relic chip, for God's sake... And there are fake stats in the game. AI wouldn't compete with titles decades ago.

Now, cutting content to shreds in order to make it for the most profittable release date is "a part of creative process"? This kind of PR is gonna regain trust?

Nor are there more car chase events than the ones I mentioned. If there are side missions that I may have not done to do those extra car chases feel free to correct me, but I don't remember anymore car chases than that.
Well here I am correcting you, there are at least 3 more I'm sure of in side quests. They are all scripted, though you have more room in the one where you are driving while being chased.

Can't say I agree. Management knows far more about anything on-going than people believe. What I think happens is that people confuse not knowing about the issues and not caring about the issues.

Actually people confuse "not doing what they want" with management "not caring about the issues". Oh look this is another multiple page thread of this sort of complaining.

No, they believe that constantly presenting a negative perspective on the launch of the game is misleading. They are responding to the hyperbole of the "journalist" by pointing out that not all reviews of the game are negative. They are saying the game has been well received by some players, but it has big problems on console and some problems on PC - all of which they are working on fixing.

The context a comment is made in is important to understanding the meaning of the comment. If you ignore the context and isolate the sentence and ascribe your own value to it, you are creating a straw man argument. The approach is certainly popular, but it doesn't make the straw man true.

We all have our own views on the game, and as opinions those views are fine. But you have to remember, those are opinions. The person who thinks the game is terrible with no consequences or rpg elements, is just as right as the person who thinks its great with plenty of consequences and rpg elements, as are the people that sit in between them. The 1/10 reviewer is just as right as the 10/10 reviewer.

"Journalists" taking the negative opinions as facts are due for criticism of their work, and that is the context that this reply from Mr. Badowski should be read in, not some hyperbole of them believing its all sunshine and daisies.

The game story meant a lot to me (probably not in a way the writers intended) and I'm urging to bring my dreams to life thinking about how I wanted so bad to save V but in reality I could save my own life with my efforts, that being said I'm still disappointed with CDPR.

When Adam Badowski posted that video on twitter I saw a lot of people praising the game and not making any other observation about the bad things in the game. I don't know where this is going, but I'm really fed up with their attitude about Cyberpunk 2077. I lost my faith on CDPR completely. I'm completely sure they won't fix this game properly and I advise you people to not hope for anything anymore from them. I played the game with bugs, it would be better without them, but most of my complaints while playing weren't about bugs.

- So many doors permanently locked meaning you have almost to 0 real discovery & exploration, just a guided vision from map.
- Some choices on conversation are good for roleplaying but they didn't make any difference.
- The game felt way emptier after Act I.
- Uninteresting interactions with most NPCs, you just have something to do with them when doing a quest.
- Can't sleep at BF/GF house even if (for me was Judy) she tells you that you can stay there.
- Only liked two endings, one if it was a film and the other one I would choose if it was me on V's skin. Though not a single real happy ending option.
- Useless genital options, if you can't see them out of inventory, then it's weird to implement that.
- Cars, police... lot's of stuff with big problems.
I won't list anymore, all that stuff being fixed while greedy investors and managers haunt the game is IMPOSSIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom