So Badowski responded to Schreier

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

The only point I don't agree with the developer here about the scav car chase is that the demo narrator said this, "random encounters like these are an example of how your actions directly influence your open world experience." This entire car chase scene is not random and is scripted to the point where you don't need to shoot at the ai and you can wait for them to crash especially on the lower difficulties cause the ai can't hit the broad side of a barn and when they do the damage is minimal. Nor will it ever happen again if you were to disrupt the scavs again. Or any other faction for that matter. *SPOILER WARNING FOR SENTANCES AHED*(in case for those still playing through the first time.) The only other car chases are the same way, when Takemura saves you from the dump and saka ninjas chase you, when johnny is being chased in the flashback, or when saving saul. They are not random by any means. Nor are there more car chase events than the ones I mentioned. If there are side missions that I may have not done to do those extra car chases feel free to correct me, but I don't remember anymore car chases than that. EDIT: The nomad intro car chase as well is scripted. heavily

Also for the mods who will eventually come across this post I fully intend to be civil about the discussion within this thread and hope others will too because I want to hear what others have to say/ discuss further about this as well. And I hope you don't close the thread because it's related to the Schreier article.

Also thank you to the devs for putting your all into the game and respect all the work you have done to get the game to the point it currently sits (this is not sarcasm) I genuinely enjoyed the main story and side stories even though there were points I wished I could move further in different directions within those points that didn't exist. You guys have made a very solid foundation for a game that only has the potential to go upward as long as you guys work on the title. Keep up the good work and wish you all no crunch.

EDIT(6:42pm):Also I really want to thank everybody for being civil because I have a feeling this post may stay up.
There should be another car chase for a Kerry side mission. It was broken for me so I don't know if that is supposed to be scripted too. It didn't seem like it because it's the player driving and the objectives is to get away from the pursuing cops. I believe this is the only time cop cars spawned on me too. Their AI just didn't work and I merely drove off without a chase.
The game story meant a lot to me (probably not in a way the writers intended) and I'm urging to bring my dreams to life thinking about how I wanted so bad to save V but in reality I could save my own life with my efforts, that being said I'm still disappointed with CDPR.

When Adam Badowski posted that video on twitter I saw a lot of people praising the game and not making any other observation about the bad things in the game. I don't know where this is going, but I'm really fed up with their attitude about Cyberpunk 2077. I lost my faith on CDPR completely. I'm completely sure they won't fix this game properly and I advise you people to not hope for anything anymore from them. I played the game with bugs, it would be better without them, but most of my complaints while playing weren't about bugs.

- So many doors permanently locked meaning you have almost to 0 real discovery & exploration, just a guided vision from map.
- Some choices on conversation are good for roleplaying but they didn't make any difference.
- The game felt way emptier after Act I.
- Uninteresting interactions with most NPCs, you just have something to do with them when doing a quest.
- Can't sleep at BF/GF house even if (for me was Judy) she tells you that you can stay there.
- Only liked two endings, one if it was a film and the other one I would choose if it was me on V's skin. Though not a single real happy ending option.
- Useless genital options, if you can't see them out of inventory, then it's weird to implement that.
- Cars, police... lot's of stuff with big problems.
I won't list anymore, all that stuff being fixed while greedy investors and managers haunt the game is IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm worried because the "Our Commitment to Quality" video and this tweet make it sound like the PC version was finished and any talk of cut content is nonesense (as in things that were cut were deliberate decisions not made due to time contraints) and the main problems on release were only bugs.
That's not my experience on PC. Missing content seems like a far bigger problem overall. Even if there were zero bugs the game would feel empty in it's current state. Maybe this is just necessary PR talk. Maybe they're working hard to make this the game it could be and just need to get it working on consoles (and fix bugs) first. Maybe they can't openly state that things are that bad because it'd lead to more backlash and maybe even legal trouble (lawsuits). Time will tell.
I'm just worried.

Guest 3847602

- So many doors permanently locked meaning you have almost to 0 real discovery & exploration, just a guided vision from map.
Because nothing behind such doors is actually modeled. Because game doesn't use loading screens when entering buildings. Because modelling every interior in the huge city is not only incredibly time consuming, but loading assets all the time would lead to the enormous performance hit.

This topic is NOT open for discussion for now, because it was proven people cannot discuss it in a civil manner. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom