So did any of the choices in W2 really matter? SPOILERS!!!!!

+
Basically, TW3 strictly follows Roche's path with Henselt being killed by Roche, Loc Muinne massacre and subsequent witch hunts. We may count Saskia dead (killed by Geralt in Loc Muinne, and Iorveth dying in Vergen because Geralt chose not to save him.
It is totally fine by me because it is my preferred way, but people who went with Iorveth, saved Vergen, and established Council/conclave can be disappointed. The thing is I did not expect anything else. It would be practically impossible to account for such major differences in outcomes. That's why CDPR settled for just a few mentions of previous characters, and a shift to a completely different locale. Sure, it would be nice if things were different, but let's just be realistic here.
The fact that they picked a canon at all is annoying. They could have made it so that the W3 setting could have happened no matter what ending you had. Just a few different lines of dialogue here and there to explain why things happened the way they did in each ending.

I just felt Bioware did a better job with the Mass Effect trilogy in terms of continuity and decisions mattering in later games

Eh, there's no canon.

Remember, the Witch Hunt is restricted to Novigrad and Henselt dies in battle if you don't kill him (which is believable since he fought on the front lines).

It's a wonderful wonderful game, but I feel that CDPR put more effort into making the game accessible as a stand alone feature than creating a true installment of a trilogy, and that hurts a bit.

There's practically no fan service. I agree, that does sting - as they've completely ignored their existing fan base to try and get a new one. This game, in no way, resembles a sequel.

If they weren't going to change the Wild Hunt except a little bit, how would you incorporate carry over material, guys?

I can't believe I am saying this, but even Bioware decision making was better the way it transitioned through sequels. It's still bad but a little better, characters don't just die that you made an effort to preserve, they at least get a descent death (if necessary).

I can't believe I am saying this, but even Bioware decision making was better the way it transitioned through sequels. It's still bad but a little better, characters don't just die that you made an effort to preserve, they at least get a descent death (if necessary).

Uhmm...isn't Bioware the ONLY company that carries over decisions?

Eh, there's no canon.

Remember, the Witch Hunt is restricted to Novigrad and Henselt dies in battle if you don't kill him (which is believable since he fought on the front lines).

What is not believevable is:

1) Radovid is fighting against Nilfgaard and then he move his army against Henselt...? And doesn't Nilfgaard take advantage of the situation attacking a Redenia, temporary without an army?
2) Henselt is dead and his people submit to Redania without any fight?

---------- Updated at 12:43 PM ----------

Uhmm...isn't Bioware the ONLY company that carries over decisions?

Absolutely not. And what Bioware did is not carry over decisions. Decisions in Bioware games don't change anything, are just laughable.
For example, nothing change if Mordin dies in Mass Effect 2.

---------- Updated at 12:45 PM ----------

This game, in no way, resembles a sequel.

Which is why the plot sucks.

Oh God Radovid's conquest of Kaedwen was one of the first signs... The was done so rushed and shoved it in your face. It really made the W2 completely irrelevant.

Oh God Radovid's conquest of Kaedwen was one of the first signs... The was done so rushed and shoved it in your face. It really made the W2 completely irrelevant.

But even the start of the game is a signal.
We left Loc Muinne with Triss, which was supposed to help us to find Yennefer....and TW3 starts with Vesemir and Triss pissed off with Geralt for uknown reasons.

It's a completely mess. And all for the sake of selling the game on PS4. Amazing. I will buy directly Cyberpunk 2077-3, considering that choices in that game will be ruined as they did with The Witcher.

But even the start of the game is a signal.
We left Loc Muinne with Triss, which was supposed to help us to find Yennefer....and TW3 starts with Vesemir and Triss pissed off with Geralt for uknown reasons.

It's a completely mess. And all for the sake of selling the game on PS4. Amazing. I will buy directly Cyberpunk 2077-3, considering that choices in that game will be ruined as they did with The Witcher.

I thought for sure that re enstablishing the conclave would change the novigrad situation, but no. I chose Iorveth's path and when you play the game all that you have done doesnt count a bit!

When i met Roche for the first time in W3 i thought he would be like unwilling to help or something because i let him down in W2. Nope, all that stuff didnt exist, and the game takes place 6 months later

---------- Updated at 02:02 PM ----------

It really made the W2 completely irrelevant.

Even if you recruit letho it doesnt change much. He's just pasted on some cutescenes. He's there but it's like he isnt there, he is just a standard npc

---------- Updated at 02:07 PM ----------

Maybe because in TW1 you didn't choose over the fates of kings and entire countries ?

As the W3 is right now, Iorveth's path in the W2 is COMPLETELY useless. Roche's path is useless as well because choices doesnt matter in W3 but at least you get to see again roche and ves

Top Bottom