So do you find the new patch successful or not?

+

So do you find the new patch successful or not?

• Total voters
Overall I like the patch. For me it's deck creation time, and deck creation time is funnest time. They created multiple entire new archetypes that I have enormous fun playing, and added tools to others that made them that little bit better.

But it is buggy, and I don't like the new UI, and some of the flavour has been lost. That last bit is crucial. Gwent mustn't lose the thing that made it special and set it aside from the pack. They need to lean on that Witcher franchising and the lore as much as possible.

So I forgot to mention that the console version of Gwent has been pretty buggy. I keep getting a message that says "Oops! Something went wrong" whenever I try to look for a match. The game has also crashed multiple times during matches. So yeah, I'd like to see a hotfix soon.

I came back to play a couple of ranked games. Got screwed by lost coinflip+spy+summoning circle the first game and lost the 2nd one because I wanted to duell two opponents cards, but instead it duelled itself for some reason (not the first time that happened). It's absolutely disgusting in which poor state this game is. You can't release an update with that many bugs.

this patch has more bugs than australia. My favorite is the alpha werewolf bug where he spawns his tolkens on the opponents side of the board if full moon is applied after the werewolf is on the board, making this card a 8 str give your opponent 2 tolkens.... So no until they fix stupid stuff like this it is not a good patch.
Also the inconsistencies with card descriptions for example Dennis Cranmer says he strengthens all your dwarfs but he does not strengthen himself even tho he is a dwarf, or how the new revenant card says it has 2 armor but when played only has 1, ect.

4RM3D;n10142012 said:
Is the game balanced? No. Is the game fun? Yes, as long as you don't play just to win.
I don't know to be honest.
In fact I think the meta has never been more stale and redundant as it is now. Everyone is tricking the game to get as many silver spies as they can (through Hym, Runestone ect) and plays the most OP cards or sequences at the moment.
There is such a huge gap of value between cards that you have very little room for experimenting (even me, who never netdeck and therefore never play tiers 1 decks, I had to pick beastmaster for my SK deck, I had to play Ithlinne + Tremors ect not because I like it but because you literally stand no chance if you don't).

And yes, you could technically have some fun if you accept to lose but I personally don't believe that someone can have fun if he/she keeps losing over and over again. This update was supposed to attract more casual players but as a result, it became even more elitist.

And speaking of Ithlinne + Tremors, am I the only one who think this combo is the most absurd thing that have ever been made in Gwent? They really had Tremors wrong on this one, the previous effect was perfect, why did they change it again?
It doesn't make sense as it is btw, the Golem was here to counter balance the loss of value due to tremors hitting your board too...Remind me why you're still here Golem buddy?

I hate this patch this unfun power play cards ... you cant play a slow deck any longer ...

You need spies if you have to blue coin just so you get the last play its a terrible why to play this game but thx to this awesome idea of power cards its the only way

One of the worst or unfun games i had was against NG ( like any season its NG) and his soldier swarm deck with slave drivers ... i hate them .. sure not the strongest units in game but he plays my own cards against me .. just with 2 points more and because he plays cards from my starting deck he can play them more often then i can.

Last edited:
No Title

Resume of this fucking disaster patch

What else will bring us the future?...

Attachments

• photo189412.png
    photo189412.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 40
Nope, Only Scoiatael Dwarves, Nilfgaard Wyvern shield builds and Bear builds everything else not viable in ranked, and cyprian wiley still weak. it was a failure.

So after playing a lot on the new patch I can finally say that I like it mostly, but I`m very dissapointed with the ammount of archtypes availlable. There seem only a few that are competitive enough, and this patch outright killed a lot of previous available archtypes.

So we need something for the other archtypes to catch up

Worst part is that i don't trust the developer anymore: destroying their game and going on a vacation is terrible incompetence, I am really sad that I had to quit the game I spent so much time and money on.

BornBoring;n10173792 said:
Every time I want to give this patch another try, it's kicking me between the legs

What level/rank?

I'm at 13 and never seen that, yet.But every time I watch someone play, this happens. It would be kind of funny if it wasn't sad.

Having said that I never encountered that, here comes spy spam the text time I turn the game on.

Remove the patch

It's the best thing you can do, cdpr devs. Bring back the long names, accurate descriptions, the many archetypes that you have crushed in each faction destroying the variety that there was. Stop trying to imitate and copy that excrement called hearthstone, both with the rng, the new interface, and the new infantiloid deckbuilder. Above all, take the rng away in its entirety. If you like it that much, then may be you should be working for Blizzard.

And the next time you're going to release a patch... At least, have the decency to submit it to tests in the PTR, for a long time. For a long time. Not 1 day.

Last edited:
this is what happens when they rush and drop a broken buggy patch and go off having a great holiday while the players are banging their heads against the wall coping with server instabilities, wrong card descriptions and a whole bunch of other game breaking bugs. greatest gwent patch yet which gets a single day of testing... heck even many premium arts from the new bunch of cards are not even in game, yet shoop the shop keeper is having a new deal prepared for the holidays and its the most functional part of the patch lol.
not all players like me step on their hearts and despite loving to play gwent skip this bug fest in hopes of a hotfix sooner than later so their experince in gwent doesn't get affected by developer's missteps, ppl will play this bugfset and become furious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom