So do you find the new patch successful or not?

+

So do you find the new patch successful or not?

• Total voters
Yes.

Here are some things that I consider positives:
  • The UI is way better, especially the deck builder
  • Most of the new cards are great, and a lot of fun (Shupe!)
  • Entirely new archetypes have been enabled via new and changed cards
  • QoL tweaks (e.g. reconnect feature, the speed at which some effects play out)
  • The scrolling sound effect bug while alt-tabbed has been fixed
  • Other good tweaks (e.g. Consume animation, Silver Crones/Witchers always showing up in correct order)

I am not saying there are no negatives - I've run into a few issues myself - but in my opinion the pros easily outweigh the cons.

Imo The patch is to much off everything .. ui Change new Cards and nerf/changes of too many other Cards !! and so many Bugs : 1st monster deck .. consume deck ! i have to Change everything cause nekker isnt working and many discriptions are confusing then before ! (and are false in german) :facepalm: they should have waited with the ui and the nerfs and cchanges imo ^^ hope next patch will be better .... i like the Change of the Card drawings and how to select the Cards ^^ .. the deck builder is too much off hearthstone ... and i hate it that many Cards dont have to be in a certain row anymore ... for example fighter and nekker i can now put everything where i want and thats too op ..... :eredinfacepalm: i dont play till the next patch (sry for my bad english ^^)

Most playing Monster and running Deathwish decks. Had to adjust to Deathwishes no longer causing carry over, but after that I feel I like the deck better than ever. Plenty of interesting cards I am getting ready to experiment with.

UI changes took some getting used to, but having collection and deck building in the same place is a major plus.

Not sure about having all creatures as agile, seems like it makes certain strategies much harder to pull of (Cant tip your hand too early on Crow's Eye for instance).

One major annoyance is that there seems to be alot of new 1 card high value golds like Ciri: Nova and the skellige Bear. I understand that these are cards the decks are built around, but dropping 20 / 25 power in one card at the very end will always irk me. Started to run much more Gigni as a result (on that note I can far better handle Gigni burning of a bunch of points because that means I fucked up in my positioning somewhere or similar as opposed to just dropping 25 points in the final card alone without some major combo).

Overall I like it.

For me, the UI changes are a plus and make the game much clearer to navigate through. I still have a gripe on the targetable golds. I think it killed the specificity of Gwent and I will never fully like it. I would have preferred something more subtle, like only golds and a selected few silvers being able to do it. But I guess, it's gone for good, sadly.

Balance took a giant step backwards; UI is handy but you see less of the card art.

My decks that I've adapted to the new cards get ridiculous tempo, and so do the decks I faced. You need to average 15+ swing per card to compete. This makes whole swathes of cards non-viable.

Let me tally up the points and I'll let you know:

+1 for the deck builder.

+1 for a few interesting cards

+1 for a few features such as being able to reconnect.

-1 for the horrific lag and disconnects.

-1 for the pointless renaming of cards. 'Cos I love playing my Ocvist.

-1 for removing some really great alternate art cards and their premium counterparts.

-1 for implementing new prestige cards that simply glint. (This is a clearly a side effect of a later issue**)

-1 for the absolutely absurd card changes that clearly weren't tested and probably randomized in a bid to 'Shake up' the meta. Thinks like thunder doing 9 damage (It was optimised over the last hundred patches to 7 for a reason.) Buffing Auckes and removing his 2 damage. This change does nothing but make an already potent lock card 'Safe.' - Along with many many more.

-1 For the silly cartooning of the effects in the game. There are VERY FEW new effects I think are cool, and most of the ones I do are the effects that were never in the game to start with. Most other changes either look meh, or sound meh. Nothing has a bang anymore. No crackle and pop.

-2 For thinking you would be successful in pulling a Curse of Osiris on us, Because I thought you left the greedy stuff to other developers? You actually REMOVED the old effects of Unseen elder and Ekkimara and then brought in swanky new cards that DO THE EXACT SAME THING AS THEY DID?!?!?!?!?!?!

-1 for some obviously broken cards such as Geralt Yrden or Iorveth meditation.

And -63 for Rushing the release of this shoddy patch so it is released just in time for Christmas; before we all receive our season rewards, so that you can push your Christmas bundle and make easy moneys.**

So I give this patch a total of...

-69/10

I've been disappointing with the last few patches. And since the patch before this one I've played considerably less.

BUT THIS... This is ridiculous. This is shameful.

This is pathetic.

Last edited:
What also bothers me a lot, is that they don't give full price refund. Okay bronzies and silvers, but they've gutted Blue Dreams and not even care about letting people refund it. I've spend money for premium dust earlier, the max one. But I ain't feeling like buying christmas packs. And I ask myself, do I leave HS for.. this? I'm very disappointed.
For now, I only come in to make quests and do first 6 matches and then log off. This game is dead by so far

Shadow-Stalker;n10077821 said:
-1 for some obviously broken cards such as Geralt Yrden or Iorveth meditation.

Most things on your list are shared by other players, except for the above. So, let me delve into that one for a bit. Geralt: Yrden was already tweaked to only affect one row. That doesn't make the card broken. It can hit multiple targets only when you allow it, in the same way how all the Bears are now aligned for a tasty Scorch. Next, Iorveth: Meditation looks very strong on paper, but in practice the card rarely achieves values that are considered broken. If you have a strong (buffed) unit it can already die to a number of effects, like Scorch or reset. Iorveth can achieve a higher value when the strength is spread over two units and one of them is about half the strength of the other. Having situations like these are rare, though.

Positive things :
- collection and deck builder at the same place (but it can be improved)
- We can see our complete hand on mulligan screen (but it looks like a student did it during is spare time. It looks so cheap. And what a bad idea to use the same screen with a choice of 2 or 3)

Everything else is negative.
The worst for me is that they really simplified decision making, both in deck building and in game. Strategy was deeper before.

So, in my opinion, they wanted at all cost to make this game for children (probably because they're more likely to go out of control with in game purchase) and ready for SNES, the best console ever.

Sadly this is kind of true. The spawn mechanic especially is so cheap, giving some sort of illusion the player is making the difference even though it's just some favoring RNG. Deck building is just lame cause you only have to put cards which are 15+ swing value and leave the others behind.

It's fast food card gaming. Not so interesting anymore.

The rules have changed so many times and so drastically that I am wondering if there has ever been a clear idea as to what the game should be. It's more like there is a great IP, some good art direction and that's about it. Rules are like optional? What's next? Reversing cards class values, like bronze become the top cards and gold the shittiest ones?

Last edited:
The integration of collection and deck builder is very good, but overall, the UI is too cartoonish to me. Besides that, the board table is also too childish/simple, I can't have the "feel" of Witcher universe anymore.

About the cards... well... this "create" thing annoys the hell out me . This is not hearthstone, please, don't destroy Gwent identity in ame of copying a mechanic from other game. I've been a beta tester for other games, and neve seen so many drastic and radical changes in so little time. I may be wrong, but a "open beta", specially a long one like this, should be to polish details, not for try everything new each 2 months. I've stopped playing for a time and came back now, and barely could recognize what's going on with the old cards.

About the cards... well... this "create" thing annoys the hell out me . This is not hearthstone, please, don't destroy Gwent identity in ame of copying a mechanic from other game.

It's not copying. HS did it better with the "discover mechanic". You could keep the card for later. In fact create could be useful if you kept your created card in your hand, then played a card from your hand, even the one you just created. That way you are at the same number of cards that you are supposed to be and create can actually be a bit more useful than mindless RNG

In general, about the patch, well:

+ Deck Builder

+++ Moonlight :)D )

+ most of the new cards (Hym, NR Cursed, Alchemy Nilfgaard)

+ reconnection system

+ lacerate animation

- weather (especially Raghnar Roog which took a serious blow)

- all effects except lacerate

- clunky card placement, it feels like they are all thrown onto the board.

- Removal of Atmosphere all together. Poor Woodland spirit. Its tokens are now spawned all simultaneously, no howling in the background, nothing. This killed me a little bit. When the Leshen was dropped onto the board, it was actually a fearsome moment, what it did was amazing visually and in terms of audio

- Oversimplification of cards that actually were meaningful. Now Schiru is more powerful than ever and I hate him. Whereas when you had to transform a card in your hand into Scorch, he was AMAZING! Trollololo too and so many others

- Shortening of names. This seriously bugs me. Tibor....his name is Tibor Eggebracht. Emhyr is Emhyr var Emreis dammit!

- Create mechanic (I only hope the new mode all the create cards are meant for is worth it)

- bugs

- and probably more things, that I forget.

Overall, the patch gets 3/10 for me, with a 5/10 being something that made no change to the better or the worst for me. So it's a bit worse. Moonlight right now is the only reason I keep playing. I don't even like playing with the spy deck with that stupid damaging effect anymore.

I actually like this patch. It took me a few minutes to get used to the new UI, but now that I know how everything works, I feel completely comfortable. I like having so many new cards, and if some need tweaking in the future, I'm fine with that. Initially, I was upset with some changes, like the ones to Freya and Sigdrifa (and they still bother me every time I can't rez Gremist), but I feel as if this patch has given me other things to concentrate on, unlike the last patch which I felt changed SK for the worse without anything substantial to replace the nerfed archetypes. I've even gotten used to the tile shape of the cards in the deck builder. So, I'm happy with the patch, have played enough in the last few days to go from rank 9 back up to my usual rank of 19. Bought the holiday pack to support CDPR. All's good in my Gwent world except for the egregious server problems which I hope clear up soon.

I think I like the changes, especially the ones that bring a little randomeness into play.

But I greatly dislike the stability of the new build. Server connection is really bad atm.

The new menu`s are OK, but a little too colorful and satuared in my opinion. I rather have bright clear borders/separations, and this version seems to blur the edges which i don`t like that much. If I were able to choose a skin, i would switch back to classic.

Top Bottom