So Geralt is still fine with Triss?

+
So Geralt is still fine with Triss?

So after the prologue, where you leave with Vernon, Geralt's asks Triss to tell him everything, about Yennefer and Ciri as well I pressume. So why is Geralt still all cool with Triss? I mean, wouldn't he be pissed on her for concelling it previously? Or does he just not care?

Don't forget the licentiousness of the time in which Geralt lives, besides his amnesia help him to have no sense of guilty.

I don't see why he wouldn't be. In TW1, she tells him he should build a new future for himself, figure out who he really is, without being tied to the past, without trying to fit the mold of his former self she would have told him he had been. We don't know what she did tell him on the boat, but remember she isn't the only person who knew him pre-amnesia, there are also Dandelion and Zoltan. Maybe they thought he is better off not knowing he had, and lost, a girlfriend and a daughter.

What Dona said. It is made clear in TW1 that it's healthier to regain one's memory and identity without people on the outside telling you what they "should" be. There's sense in that, and it's not until Geralt presses the issue, at the end of the Prologue in TW2, after he remembers his own death and the names Yennefer and Ciri pop up, that Triss tells him about that part of his old life. Maybe not in full, but much of it, we can assume. The only thing I'm missing is a small journal entry on Yennefer and Ciri, after the Prologue; it always felt a bit odd that Triss tells Geralt a lot of things about these two, but that the player is not privy to any of this information.

What the above two said - TW1 made it clear that Geralt should forge his own destiny, and make judgements based on how he feels right now, as opposed to constantly having to worry about what he would have done in the past (the whole quest with The Lady Of The Lake pretty much focused on this). In addition, there was no point in reminding Geralt about Yennefer/Ciri, because up until the end of TW2, everyone believed she was dead. All it would have done was cause unnecessary grief - which is why no one told him.

I think it is important to notice that no one could actually tell Geralt who he was before. Who could know Geralt that well? Triss had her own perspective on who Geralt was, as did Zolie and Dandelion. All they could have told Geralt is how they saw him. And in some passages in W1 they actually do this.

I agree that it would have been nice to have a journal entry about ciri and yen. The game leaves them very distant to Geralt, and I'm having a hardtime relating in Geralts need to search them. The Geralt that I played in TW1 had evolved on his own, his history was but a shadow trailing him. All it did was darken his day (butcher of blaviken..) and I tried not to be affected by his past.

I was just replaying this part, so I thought I'd take a snapshot. It doesn't sound like she's doing it for selfish reasons, and she seems quite content that this is the healthiest path for Geralt, even if there's likely some form of inferiority complex and/or jealousy involved, later on, in relation to Yennefer.

"No, I don't want you to turn into my vision of Geralt. I want you to decide for yourself who you are - without looking back."

^True that, but I still wonder what her agenda is. She obviously wants Geralt, but not like she would do anything "threachorous" for it or something. But Triss is smart, and I'm sure she has an Ace up in her sleeve.

I think it's best for geralt, and while it's ideal for triss as well that doesn't mean she's doing it for the wrong reasons. I love complex characters.

Kindo said:
What Dona said. It is made clear in TW1 that it's healthier to regain one's memory and identity without people on the outside telling you what they "should" be. There's sense in that, and it's not until Geralt presses the issue, at the end of the Prologue in TW2, after he remembers his own death and the names Yennefer and Ciri pop up, that Triss tells him about that part of his old life. Maybe not in full, but much of it, we can assume. The only thing I'm missing is a small journal entry on Yennefer and Ciri, after the Prologue; it always felt a bit odd that Triss tells Geralt a lot of things about these two, but that the player is not privy to any of this information.

This, having a large file on what Tiss told him on the boat could've helped the new console players understand his life and major events they never took part in! I was so confused when I first heard of that talk and didn't get any info at all I have to go to the books and TV show to start getting a clue on the past. Also another post mentioned Dandelion why doesn't he at all say anything to the players about all the past adventures they had together Gearalt got him out of alot and he traveled with him when they went to find Ciri he could've told the players about this important part in Geralt's life.

Top Bottom