So How Are Your Playing Your 2nd Playthrough?

+

• I'm playing a male V this time.
  • Fully modded up. Max legendary gear of my choice. Multiple outfits. Max cyberwear and mods. Max money. Max stats. Etc.
  • Only using Assault Rifle w/silencer and grenades. I have a kurki but I haven't used it yet.
  • I'm going to complete everything I can before the next Act. So I won't talk to dexter until the map is clear.
  • I'm going to treat Johnny like he's the type of guy that killed 12,000 innocent people. He's POS if you think about it... My first run he was my friend.
  • I'm not looting anything because I don't need to. (Which is actually really nice...)
  • Definitely doing the secret ending this time.
  • I'm doing the jobs as fast as possible as if I'm a special forces and I gotta be in and out. I'm not speed running the game but I am speed running the missions.
  • I've decided to start collecting screen shots of all of the NPCs that I find attractive or interesting. :D
  • I'm going to do the fist fighting with fists this time lol (as opposed to a katana).
  • I'm trying really hard to not get shot or hit at all.
  • And even though I'm tempted to skip the cinematics because I've already seen them all, I'm not.

First playthrough: Sniper keeping her temporary psycho "buddy" alive when clearing out gangs.

Second playthrough: No cybernetics, no crafting, unarmed, sneaking Sob killing no one.

Stopped my street kid about 10 hours in. Started Nomad and finished the story yesterday. Played about 70-80 hours, did fuck tons of side-mission stuff. Took the choices at the end I felt was best to spare people and avoid trusting in Silverhand too much - and in doing, so made all the side missions stuff I had done, pointless. Got the standard ending but gave arasaka the finger.

I'll see if I get a second playthrough in a few months when and if they fix the game. Uninstalled.

Nomad netrunner/quickhacker, pistols only....and if i lob a nade or two then thats okay also.

Im sure as the quickhacking gets better, ill be able to be quiet going in and going out. Let the bodies hit the floor.

I am not.
- There is no mean changing paths and trying different styles as promised
- no different story scripts and no consequences in your actions
- no real different endings when there is a 90's reload save system and you get them all (almost).

So, basically, no second run at all.

Char 1 - Corpo / Started off as a run n gun character. Then after getting the shard, commited hari kiri. He took the quick ending.

Char 2 - Nomad / Netrunner supreme - legendary 6 slot deck, all legendary hacks and with a Kenshin tech pistol as backup. Silent, deadly, and kills from across the street while still in her car.

Char 3 - Streetkid / Cold blooded stone cold killer using monowire who cannot be killed. Attacks packs of bad guys and just regens almost every hit forever. Has a Katana as backup for single target attacks. The katana has crazy DPS levels and will gib most enemies in one strike.

• I'm playing a female V this time, Very Hard difficulty, Street Kid.
  • Gorilla Arms, Smart + Tech guns
  • I'm going to complete everything I can before the next Act. So I won't talk to dexter until the map is clear. (me too)
  • I want to do all Johnny quests (not done in my first playtrhough as Corpo)
  • Probably I'm doing the end with Rogue.
  • I'm doing all Beat-the-Brat matches.
  • And even though I'm tempted to skip the cinematics because I've already seen them all, I'm not. (me too)

Stopped my street kid about 10 hours in. Started Nomad and finished the story yesterday. Played about 70-80 hours, did fuck tons of side-mission stuff. Took the choices at the end I felt was best to spare people and avoid trusting in Silverhand too much - and in doing, so made all the side missions stuff I had done, pointless. Got the standard ending but gave arasaka the finger.

I'll see if I get a second playthrough in a few months when and if they fix the game. Uninstalled.
Agreed. CDPR did really well with creating the illusion of choice. There is no real decision that impacts the outcome in a meaningful way.
Backstories serve no real purpose.
Without the ability to experience the consequences of your actions and the main end result, no matter your decisions, the game has no cathartic reward.
I have read that devs expressed the game was not created to play in perpetuity. Why not?

There is a growing consensus that the original focus of the game development shifted to accommodate Johnny as the pivotal agency in the narrative. This was a mistake IMO.
The 2018 gameplay footage seemed to have the foundation of a real RPG game.

Unfortunately, for me, the game in its current state is a mediocre installment of a looter shooter with a weak plot.

This genre is saturated with games that do it so much better.
And with the beautifully written quests and central narrative of the Witcher 3, I am immeasurably disappointed with CDPR.

I will wait a few months after any future paid content is released, with fair critique before investing time and money in another CDPR product

Someone please tell me you get something different in the ending based on how you answer Dex at the beginning.... At the end of my game, during the ending epilogue, Johnny asked me if I remembered that first meeting with Dex and how I answered his question of who I wanted to be... and Johnny was pretty adamant about me having "fucked up" with that answer... I'm pretty sure I just answered neutrally too.

First playthrough:
  • Female Nomad V
  • Fielded Overwatch sniper rifle, Defender and Carnage shotgun.
  • Basic cyberware upgrades with primarily electro attacks.
  • Did some of the side missions: Panam's arc, Judy's arc, got all the cars back fro Delamain (nothing thereafter)
  • Did some looking to buy a few vehicles: Owned the CT-3X, Avenger (used during Claire's races) and Coyote.
    The motorcycle is by far my favourite.
  • Ended with assault on Arasaka Tower and rode into the sunset with Panam and Judy.
As I have completed the game just yesterday very late I'm not yet at the point where I want to restart. Not gonna lie, I need to get my shit together because that ending man... oof

I'm not, there is no point as ...

... you endup the same, used, abused and dead. V is like worse hero ever, incopetent, blind and just stupid wanna be. She is only badass enough to be noticed by "big fishes" to be used. V a.k.a. cannon fodder.

Why would I want to replay that? If I had like different ending (as in "a choice"), then sure. I would even gladly make one playthrough as failed, stupid wanna be hero - for fun. But without choice.... meh.

First character: Pure Corpo netrunner build on Normal.
Fun? Yeah, if you wanna be a mindless hacker God indiscriminately nuking enemies left, right and center.
Quit that run near the end without even finishing the game.

Current character: Streetkid with self-imposed rules on Very Hard.
Only weapons allowed: Blades (not knives!) and Shotguns.
Hacking is allowed, but no hacks that damage an enemy.
Once the sneaking and stabbing ends, the fireworks begin.

1. Corpo, Female V, Max Tech and all other points a mess, and went right down the main story line; then went back and finished up.
  2. Streatkid, Female V again, Netrunner with Pistols and not following the main story as much as possible.

Classic Resident Evil style

Very Hard/Professional

No points spent on attributes
No points spent on perks
No cyberware
No crafting
No hacking
Pistols only ( shotguns saved for groups. rifles/smg/revolvers saved for bosses )
Extremely light inventory ( capped at 20lbs because I feel that's realistic for somebody to carry around comfortably )
Small amount of healing items allowed
Frag Flash and Incendiary grenades only
Knife only for CQB
No quicksaves/quickloads
Can only save the game in Vs apartment ( replacement for the safe rooms )

My female V is a human being not Wonder Woman.​

I was planning on playing a corpo on my second play through having gone through as a Nomad. Perhaps I'd take some points out of my tech tree and put them into intelligence or cool. I wanted to keep it high enough to let me craft epic level mods. But then the ending completely killed my motivation for a second play through. I am not a fan of melancholy endings and that's all Cyberpunk 2077 has to offer. I even knocked a star off my review of the game for the ending.

It actually made me remember the ending to Fallout 3. I'm just hoping CD project red will introduce something equal to the broke steel DLC.

Corpo female with heavy weapons focus (my previous char was male sneaking/hacking nomad)

Want to try different ending, and complete 100% this time. Also wonder how long it takes with this more straight forward build.

• I'm playing a male V this time.
  • Fully modded up. Max legendary gear of my choice. Multiple outfits. Max cyberwear and mods. Max money. Max stats. Etc.
  • Only using Assault Rifle w/silencer and grenades. I have a kurki but I haven't used it yet.
  • I'm going to complete everything I can before the next Act. So I won't talk to dexter until the map is clear.
  • I'm going to treat Johnny like he's the type of guy that killed 12,000 innocent people. He's POS if you think about it... My first run he was my friend.
  • I'm not looting anything because I don't need to. (Which is actually really nice...)
  • Definitely doing the secret ending this time.
  • I'm doing the jobs as fast as possible as if I'm a special forces and I gotta be in and out. I'm not speed running the game but I am speed running the missions.
  • I've decided to start collecting screen shots of all of the NPCs that I find attractive or interesting. :D
  • I'm going to do the fist fighting with fists this time lol (as opposed to a katana).
  • I'm trying really hard to not get shot or hit at all.
  • And even though I'm tempted to skip the cinematics because I've already seen them all, I'm not.
Played Corpo and took a lot in machineguns and only use non smart and non tech weapons, and only use hacking for distractions and observing. But had to give up, the game simply weren't exciting enough the second playthrough.

Top Bottom