So How Are Your Playing Your 2nd Playthrough?

+
I m on my third character, first one was a nomad, assault type and got to level 12 and threw him away, it was a learning character.

Second, was a corpo Female, Katana build, got to level 17, and took a break, because I didn't want to get to the end of the story too quick. Playing her on and off.

Third, another nomad male, assault type, capped crafting, now sitting at level 23 with 60% of the story complete and he is just living in the world. Basically loves to blow shit up and watch it burn :D

I m in no rush to finish the main story and I like to just live in the world, discover things, drive around, find cool places to jump the bike, explore, etc. Discovered a secret entrance into Clouds(only problem is getting back out since I completed the quest there). Wish there were more sandbox features like a lot of people, but I still got a lot of things to keep me occupied.

Across all 3, I got 113 hours playtime so far.

I stopped in the middle of my 2nd playthrough as it is pointless. Not one choice you make influences anything anyway. The ending is fixed as well and i don't see the point in replaying this game in any way shape or form. I already uninstalled it as well.

If a huge patch changes alot of things maybe i install it again. But if my gog account wouldn't have my witcher 3 as well i would have already thought of gifting my acc including the hard copy of cyberpunk to someone who wants it.

Please don't comment if you're not interested in playing a 2nd time...

This is for the Cyberpunks who can't get enough and absolutely need a 2nd & 3rd playthrough.

Also to the people who said they're not using perks or armor... You're making me want to start over lol! Why didn't I think of that?... Oh well, I'll save it for the 3rd playthrough...

This is for the Cyberpunks who can't get enough and absolutely need a 2nd & 3rd playthrough.

Also to the people who said they're not using perks or armor... You're making me want to start over lol! Why didn't I think of that?... Oh well, I'll save it for the 3rd playthrough...
My issue is that I will most likely play it the same way with more or less the same V...
I've got that redhead of mine connected to V now in such a way that making another charcter would betray it all :p
Because I never yet explored the johnny quest parts with Roge and still have some side jobs I can do I'm currently still finnicking with that. That and this picture mode stuff is rather funny :p
Cyberpunk 2077_20210102174001.jpg

I m a special kind of animal, I just find a game I like and play it for a long time. Ill probably be playing CP2077 exclusively for the next 6-12 months if not more :D

Gaming Industry doesn't make much money with me TBH :giveup:

That being said, I m happy to spend upwards of 75$ a month on a game that I do play, so bring on the paid DLC's :D

I'm tempted to do the second run now but I really want to wait until the game evolves a bit more and not having it so burnt for that time so I don't know o_O

I've spent like 120 hours in the first run and about 30 hours roaming and doing photos.

First playthrough
- Male Corpo, non lethal all rounder solo, Panam romance
- Mainly quickhacks and smart weapon
- Do everything, try everything

Second playthrough
- Female Streetkid, lethal psycho, Bisexual romance
- Blade and mantis blade
- Quit halfway because killing anyone as psycho feel boring

Third playthrough( current )
- Female nomad, non lethal stealth netrunner, Judy romance
- Quickhacks and stealth takedown
- Do everything with less aggressive approach

Fourth playthrough plan
- Create and roleplay Johnny Silverhand

After I had to reinstall the game today (65gb download), I am skipping my second play through entirely.

I want to be brutally honest. If the next big two patches significantly improve the game, my first playthrough will be my last.

• I'm going to treat Johnny like he's the type of guy that killed 12,000 innocent people. He's POS if you think about it... My first run he was my friend.
  • Definitely doing the secret ending this time.
These two don't work well with each other.

1st playthrough was a female nomad who ended up almost being a jack of all trades before I decided to focus on blades, handguns, and tech-weapons. Mostly blades tho because running around like a psychotic cheetah-raptor with mantis blades, shredding through random goons was enormously (and surprisingly) very fun LOL.

Ended up with maxed-out reflex and tech; the rest were kinda all over the place. I guess if this were the TTRPG I would be some kind of street samurai. In retrospect, I wish I put more points into body and cool, and ignored intelligence. Also, there were some useless perks that I regretted taking. For example, "Dagger Dealer", while definitely cool in theory, was frustrating because you can't pick up the dagger after throwing it. It disappears and you constantly have to buy or craft new ones and manually equip them after throwing. I wouldn't mind that so much if it at least auto-equipped the next dagger.

just started my 2nd playthrough as a male street kid mostly just to try out a different build. I think I'm going to max-out body first and maybe tech. Mostly because I really enjoyed using the tech-shotguns. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find a legendary tech-shotgun or at least a crafting spec? I know there are no iconic tech-shotguns which is a little disappointing :/

Oh, and I'm trying it on the hardest difficulty to see how difficult it actually is. Don't really care that much about the different story options. But, I was really sour on my first playthrough after finding out that I missed the iconic katana during the heist mission. So definitely getting that this time around, haha

So yeah, mostly just experimenting with a different playstyle. Not even sure yet if I'll actually complete the main story with this character. Honestly, this game makes me way more curious about the TTRPG and exploring the lore in those books.

Now I'm playing my 2nd female V' ... both were Nomads. In first run I did many progress mistakes, more or less it was test run. New start have slow progress. Lvl 12 and 21 street rep, still in Act1. I like guns and sniper rifles (which however are too overpovered) and now I found monowire and this weapon simply have very strong magic :) . I think have quite much hours of play before me. I for sure want try streed kid and corpo, but this will come later and very likely in time when will be already out big patches.

I can't bring myself to start the second playthrough at this time. I can't abandon my original V, even if I completed almost everything. :sad:

In the future, my plan is to play as a permanentely royally pissed-off female Corpo with Mantis Blades. No extravagant hairstyle, no unnecessary fashion. Just pure bureaucracy and bad mood.
I imagine something like "Hey V, could you do that job for me? And please, remain quiet and unseen."
"*sigh* Yeah, sure." --> goes in for a not-so-stealthy round of slice 'n dice.
"Done. Where the f*ck are my Eddies?!"

I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough (completed all endings) as nomad this time, but done a bit differently.
This time i'm big style cheating to make it a fast & super OP run through as i'm back to work on Monday.
All perks and attributes unlocked from level 5.
Now this IS fun, and i only have to look angrily at an enemy for them to explode into meat rain.
Got a few resources as well..
Yes, i know it's cheating m'kay, but i probably wont have the time to play again for a long while, so imma get my moneys worth.
I love this game!
12.png

Well my first playthrough played female v , corpo and went pistol/hacker, not really a netrunner as didnt do enough of that , cool bike as well all one needs.
Contagion,overheat and short circuit and whatevers left gets face full lead from lizzies pistol.

Due to horrible respawn after ending i camt be motivated to either try other endings or roll a second toon, felt had invested a lot in my character so just pottering trying clear map of everything instead.

Second toon was going be male street kid

Started a new street kid.

I left Jackie at Misty's after dealing with Vic.

I plan to fuck off the main story as long as possible. So I'm running around Watson building street cred, leveling, and doing all the shit I didn't do last time, because I was more concerned about some chip with some rocker nobody's psyche on it trying to take over my brain.

And without all that shit, this game is INFINITELY more fun. At least for me.

I never paid attention to see if you could leave Watson without the lockdown "officially" ending through the game mechanics, so I intend to see if that's possible, which I'm hopeful will trigger calls from other fixers and whatnot, and find out just how "open world" this game really is. Because in a true open world game, I should be able to do EVERY side gig and mission (unrelated to the main story), AND visit ANY area of the gameworld, without progressing the main story further.

Oddly enough, I've also noticed quite a few differences in the overall game. Like seeing pairs of npcs conversing on the street (definitely more frequently that I saw in the overly linear path of the main story). And even minor details like their stride as they walk. Some of the more seemingly "streetwise" females actually WALK with a noticeably different "attitude" to their stride. SO MUCH of the game is noticeably sacrificed through the main story's distracting linearity.

On an earlier playthrough, I got to the actual border station from the Nomad prologue. Got in a firefight with the border patrol, which triggered NCPD spawning all over me, after which I bolted away. This time I want to try plowing through them guns blazing to explore the other side.

I sooooo wanna wax that shitbag sheriff from the Nomad story just for shits and giggles ;)(y)
Post automatically merged:

So that answers that question:

20210102173325_1.jpg

Not such an "open world" after all :(

This isn't a "world border". It's the bridge to Japantown. Open worlds don't tie where you can go, to how far you've gotten in a quest or story. Other routes I tried threw me into an artificial barrier that turned me around rather "abruptly" :ROFLMAO:

So unless there's some "other" way to trigger lifting the lockdown, the whole "open world" claim is literally bogus bullshit. At least up until some specific point in the main story, you're pigeonholed into Watson, and cut off from the rest of the game world.

Granted, the lockdown isn't lifted. But skipping time or even sleeping in your apartment doesn't lift it. But that isn't the point. Because "open world" games don't do this. At all. So I can only determine that it is definitely tied to advancing the main story at least up to some point "after" taking Dex's ride. So let's try that.....

Last edited:
Waiting for a few patches before i do that even though i really wanted to play it again right after my first playthrough.

First run was Street Kid Netrunner. Second run was Nomad Melee and sniping. Third run was Corpo Netrunner and smartguns. In each, I gather as much as I can so I can waltz the challenges.

The day you tell me were i can and cannot comment is the day pigs are starting to fly. You are not a mod nor anything close to it. So read the forum rules before you spout nonsense. TY!

Top Bottom