So how do you think Avallac really feels about Ciri?

+
Well, in the novels she is just someone who everyone wants to fuck because of her super-DNA and possible descendants. By herself, she was pretty much nothing. I did not like this "the war for Ciri's cunt" approach. So I was pretty damn glad that given events in TW3, it may be interpreted that everyone was wrong, that in the prophecies about the future seers saw actually her, and not some her distant descendant, and that her genitals are not important at all. She is.

Mmmmm yes, about one part of Elline's Prophecy... The one which talk about the Frozen White... but what happens with her descent and his fate to control all the world?.... In fact, only Eredin is dead, Emhyr seems to give up his ambitious plans of incest but.... Avallac'h now has time to perfectionate his power to travel between different worlds, he has time to realize that he has the Ge'en's support over an attonished and "orphan" Aen Elle people. And humans now can really growing and spreading themselves while the Old Elven are dying?...

Ah! Dammit... I've got too many imagination.... :p

I'm not sure that little elven twat in his lab would've been so hostile towards Ciri if Avallac'h didn't have some kind of affection for her, as the elf claimed.

Still, Avallac'h being even a remotely helpful character was a point of some confusion for me, since I haven't read the unofficial translations and am limited in what I know from what the Witcher Wiki pages say. Geralt seems to remember Avallac'h as I thought he'd be, since the first thing he says to the other witchers when they lift the curse is "Watch him carefully. He's not a friend."

As far as I knew, he was in cahoots with Eredin, and yet all of a sudden he's risking life and limb to keep Ciri from him. Because Eredin apparently went insane out of fear of the White Frost?

Don't get it. But then, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to.

Last edited:
Well, in the novels she is just someone who everyone wants to fuck because of her super-DNA and possible descendants. By herself, she was pretty much nothing. I did not like this "the war for Ciri's cunt" approach. So I was pretty damn glad that given events in TW3, it may be interpreted that everyone was wrong, that in the prophecies about the future seers saw actually her, and not some her distant descendant.
Being the Sarah Connor of the witcher universe that excels at everything she does and has the fucking title 'lady of space and time.' I mean, the title alone makes her a pretty big deal.
Ciri was the worst thing about the saga, an absolutely ridiculous character that I did not expect to get in a world like the Witchers'.
Game Ciri is a bit less annoying (I didn't feel the urge to pull my hair out during her segments), but the best thing that could happen in future games is that we never hear from her again.

and that her genitals are not important at all. She is.

I wonder, why did Ciri even listen to him? She doesnt need him, or does she?
It's a bit odd considering he was threatening to cut her up the last time they met. I'm guessing that he worked to gain her trust over the time he spent training her. He's also the one with the most knowledge about the Elder Blood's abilities, so he's the only one who can really help Ciri unlock her full potential. Frankly I was shocked that he just left Ciri alone in my ending, considering his obsession. Or maybe they're planning on having him feature in a future game or something.

I´d rather she´d listen to my favorite biatch Phil : )

If Ciri agreed joined the lodge, Ida could help her develop her abilities. She´s a powerful sage as well and probably does not hate humans (that much).

I feel like Ciri´s decision to join the lodge should have been one of the endings.

She is already the Mary Sue to end all Mary Sues, do we need to give her more?
Well, in the novels she is just someone who everyone wants to fuck because of her super-DNA and possible descendants. By herself, she was pretty much nothing. I did not like this "the war for Ciri's cunt" approach. So I was pretty damn glad that given events in TW3, it may be interpreted that everyone was wrong, that in the prophecies about the future seers saw actually her, and not some her distant descendant, and that her genitals are not important at all. She is.
Yeah, Ciri herself is not perfect. Others thinks the same (Eredin saying she's a golden nugget in a pile of manure), others want to use her.
The goal is for her to not be the chosen one. Others make her think to be a chosen one, unfortunately for her she has Elder Blood. That's not remotely a pros, I mean she's not interested in wandering through dimensions. I can't see Ciri character as a perfect-in-everything-she-does-Mary-Sue cliché, even if it seems so, because she doesn't want this, she's not like "hey I am the chosen one, I can do this and that", and when she tried to use her power she almost failed, I mean she can't have control on that because it's a power too much higher for her and she need always help. (Ihuarraquax, Nimue...).
I'm sure that if she was remotely perfect she would have found Geralt at first try while wandering through dimensions (again, with the help of Ihuarraquax because she couldn't control the power). That if she was, she would have avenged Mistle and the Rats in Jealousy when Bonhart killed the Rats , not to talk about when she defeated him thanks to the tricks learned in Kaer Morhen.

[SUB](I would be extremely disgusted by Vilgefortz later character development instead...tried to do what...well what he wanted to with Ciri delicate parts. Pretty much the war mentioned earlier. This sudden change... I did not like it, he was dead as a nice villain character for me in the exact moment he mentioned something related to the world and power when he talked with Bonhart for the first time. RIP.)[/SUB]

Geralt is very good in what he does, a lot of people know him as the famous White Wolf, the witcher with white hair. Yet even if he is that good, he's not perfect, he has flaws, both in his character (as it must be) and in his profession. He's despised.

Ciri is good in what she does... not suddenly but after a time, she's not an adult. She would later know by...few... as "Lady of the Worlds" (Aen Elle and Nimue perhaps?) she hates Galahad calling her "Lady of the Lake" because she is not what she wants. Yet, even if she can be good, she's not perfect, she has flaws (again, as it must be). He's despised (Avallac'h, Eredin, Bonhart, Vilgefortz).

She's not important as person herself, at least, when not being the heir on Cintra throne. She is only a mere tool.
Geralt himself is not important, he doesn't consider, he ony wants to stay neutral. Unfortunaly for him, that can't be possible. And more than that, it's Ciri story that ends with Geralt's "death". Both are important figures for each other.

I was pretty sure that Avallac'h wanted to use her for real, he did but... for other purposes, being still obsessed with Lara. Eredin mentioned something like "he betrayed us both" and I was expecting some kind of plot twist... that didn't happen for real. But that's another story.

I'm guessing that he worked to gain her trust over the time he spent training her.

Looks like his "good cop" technique actually worked. Though Ciri does not trust him completely the way she does Geralt, she does go out of her way to help him lift the curse, and seems genuinely upset when bad-mouthed by the she-elf in the lab.

Attachments

• remarks.jpg
    remarks.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 399
Frankly I was shocked that he just left Ciri alone in my ending, considering his obsession. Or maybe they're planning on having him feature in a future game or something.

Truth is that we don't really know if he left Ciri be after the ending. When Geralt asks him if he will let alone Ciri after the Wild Hunt is defeated he replies something like "... I will not force her to do something she does not want.."! What I get from that answer is that he will continue pursuing her, but never force something on her.

He wants her to give herself willingly to him!

Looks like his "good cop" technique actually worked. Though Ciri does not trust him completely the way she does Geralt, she does go out of her way to help him lift the curse, and seems genuinely upset when bad-mouthed by the she-elf in the lab.

Now that image is interesting. Where do you find that? Shows that Avallach definitely isn't following her around for purely altruistic reasons.

---------- Updated at 07:15 PM ----------

Truth is that we don't really know if he left Ciri be after the ending. When Geralt asks him if he will let alone Ciri after the Wild Hunt is defeated he replies something like "... I will not force her to do something she does not want.."! What I get from that answer is that he will continue pursuing her, but never force something on her.

He wants her to give herself willingly to him!
What I found interesting is that no matter what ending you get, neither Avallach, nor Phillipa can die. That makes me think CDPR has plans for them, considering Avallach just disappears, while Phillipa isn't mentioned at all.

Though Ciri does not trust him completely the way she does Geralt

I'm not so sure about that, every chance I got I / Geralt told her that Avallac'h is bad news and that he can't be trusted but she didn't want to believe that at all.
Even after the lab scene she still continues to trust him and she doesn't tell ANYONE about their plan to stop the White Frost - not even Geralt.

Avallac'h is sort of an enigma in the game he is cold and hard to read . The few points where his guard is let down there seems to be a sense of duty towards Ciri . There is more going on just the game doesn't say what . In a way I think Avallac'h is more Witcher like , doing what he has to to save his people which means working with Ciri instead of following through with his grand designs . I feel he likes Ciri and he is battling himself with those feelings . This is a good debate and would make a great follow up story one way or another . I can only imagine how Avallac'h feels after being in human company as uma and more than likely not getting treated the best either way it would solidify his hatred towards humans or it would cause him to reflect on the ugliness of things his race does . So when Eredin says they have both been duped to Geralt I did not believe him because there was no evidence that there was anything going on contrary to say Avallac'h is doing more than helping Ciri ,

I'm not so sure about that, every chance I got I / Geralt told her that Avallac'h is bad news and that he can't be trusted but she didn't want to believe that at all.
Even after the lab scene she still continues to trust him and she doesn't tell ANYONE about their plan to stop the White Frost - not even Geralt.

She didn't tell it Geralt because she knew he would try to stop her but she made her decision. Same happens during the empress ending in which she doesn't tell Geralt that she will leave till the very end.
Regarding Avallac'h. She didn't trust him as much as Geralt at all. Remember it was her idea to search Avallac'hs lab.

She didn't tell it Geralt because she knew he would try to stop her but she made her decision.

If what they say is true (either she does her thing or EVERYONE dies) then why the hell would Geralt stop her? If she just explains this to him surely he would understand?
To me this looks like she doesn't trust him to do the right thing, possibly because of Avallac'h?

If what they say is true (either she does her thing or EVERYONE dies) then why the hell would Geralt stop her? If she just explains this to him surely he would understand?
To me this looks like she doesn't trust him to do the right thing, possibly because of Avallac'h?

Because Geralt doesn't really believe in the prophecy. Remember how de Aldersberg in Witcher 1 tried to show Geralt that the world will perish in ice, but he refused to believe him, although he even teleported him into a vision of the future Even if he would believe her, he would want to find another way to stop the White Frost without Ciri making the sacrifice.
Ciri knew that there is no other way, but Geralt would never accept that. It would have been a pointless discussion.
(though the whole White Frost plot is stupid and they shouldn't have changed it in contrast to the books)

She didn't tell it Geralt because she knew he would try to stop her but she made her decision.

Weird... In my plays, Geralt never tryed to stop Ciri acts, he talk with her and let her chose freely.... CDPR work is great, indeed, there's a lot of interpretations and option to discover new details.

Weird... In my plays, Geralt never tryed to stop Ciri acts, he talk with her and let her chose freely.... CDPR work is great, indeed, there's a lot of interpretations and option to discover new details.

Ciri: Only the Elder Blood can stop the White Frost . Only I can stop it
Geralt's answer options:
a) I don't care. Let's go
b) You don't have to make this sacrifice
c) There is no annihilation coming
d) Avallac'h's put nonsense in your head.

There is no option to just let her go without any discussion or even agree with her. Sure, he can't stop her and you can also choose to just let her go afterwards , but I think at this point Geralt was desperate and realized he won't be able to do anything to prevent her from leaving.

Ciri: Only the Elder Blood can stop the White Frost . Only I can stop it
Geralt's answer options:
a) I don't care. Let's go
b) You don't have to make this sacrifice
c) There is no annihilation coming
d) Avallac'h's put nonsense in your head.

There is no option to just let her go without any discussion or even agree with her. Sure, he can't stop her and you can also choose to just let her go afterwards , but I think at this point Geralt was desperate and realized he won't be able to do anything to prevent her from leaving.

There are options to reason and understand why she decides to do and don't stop her. Ell, his acting like a father. In my plays, Ciri turn back and see him surprised and grateful because she hasn't expected Geralt could understand her. Sad from Ciri, BTW, if all throught the game You chose Geralt's answer trusting her.

Top Bottom