So how do you think Avallac really feels about Ciri?

+
I agree ENTIRELY, just seeing them with other people makes me rot. Who the hell wants to see that shit, Ciri and Avallac'h? Lmao what is wrong with people. :>

I don't know dude...

Hmm, maybe Geralt should of killed him, i wouldn't of minded that much. At least he doesn't betray anyone like many other people seem to do. Once the Frost has been stopped and the Hunt killed, Avallac'h just packs up and leaves.

Yeah true, at least he leaves!...

What have i found myself upon, what on earth is this thread lmao.

But worry no more, i can CONFIRM that Avallac'h isn't attracted to Ciri at all because look at Auberon, 4 times he couldn't get it up :> and also the woman elf said Avallac'h feels the same, she is just some abomination and he is only protecting her ability, not her. Although he does call her Ciri at the battles end, so i think he started to care for her a little. He doesn't just want to her to die i suppose, ability or no ability.

Want to know what is insanely more cringe worthy? Yennefer and Dettlaff... i could of thrown up on that shit, but that's for another topic ;)

Next to echoing along the derision of people who think similarly about a particular topic, it is literally the easiest option to declare something 'unthinkable' and question it no longer. The very reason why this topic keeps resurfacing on different platforms that concern the game's storytelling is because the game (+ books) gives a fairly ambiguous interpretation of these characters' interactions: you cannot rightfully confirm anything based on what is being told to you by essentially vague and untrustworthy sources within the narrative. It just does not follow; and neither do "If X dislikes C, and X and Y are of the same group that generally dislikes the group of C, then Y also dislikes the particular individual C."

Pairings are boring anyway; psychology that goes along with it is interesting as hell, tho!

As to the 'Geralt killing Avallac'h' - yeah , I wouldn't have minded a confrontation, IF they had actually fleshed out a logical narrative for that. Currently it would be immersion-breaking as hell; Avallac'h levelled a bloody forest in a flash. Geralt's a swordsman, and dislikes magic for a reason, given those odds.

Next to echoing along the derision of people who think similarly about a particular topic, it is literally the easiest option to declare something 'unthinkable' and question it no longer. The very reason why this topic keeps resurfacing on different platforms that concern the game's storytelling is because the game (+ books) gives a fairly ambiguous interpretation of these characters' interactions: you cannot rightfully confirm anything based on what is being told to you by essentially vague and untrustworthy sources within the narrative. It just does not follow; and neither do "If X dislikes C, and X and Y are of the same group that generally dislikes the group of C, then Y also dislikes the particular individual C."

No idea what you just said. Im clearly intellectually inferior to you. I can't even work out your opinion on Ciri or anything lmao, Explain it to basic people like me pls :D

Pairings are boring anyway; psychology that goes along with it is interesting as hell, tho!

Pairings are not boring!! Geralt and Yennefer are the best couple and they are also interesting ASF, love it!

Yeah but, he beat Vilgefortz because he got cocky. And also i think Avallac'h would use his sword aswell, as he did get his sword out. Quen would be useful aswell...QUEN FTW!

As to the 'Geralt killing Avallac'h' - yeah , I wouldn't have minded a confrontation, IF they had actually fleshed out a logical narrative for that. Currently it would be immersion-breaking as hell; Avallac'h levelled a bloody forest in a flash. Geralt's a swordsman, and dislikes magic for a reason, given those odds.

1, It is just a Game! Nothing that needs to be analyzes in a psychology way or whatever...
2. Yen and Geralt are the main Couple in the Books and Games! Fact!
3. Games or Books like these need Love stories = Yen and Geralt is the perfect love story!
4. Geralt killed a Higher Vampire, Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith, banned the Devil himself back from where he came from and so on....i think Geralt could beat Avallach pretty easy!

1, It is just a Game! Nothing that needs to be analyzes in a psychology way or whatever...
3. Games or Books like these need Love stories = Yen and Geralt is the perfect love story!
4. Geralt killed a Higher Vampire, Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith, banned the Devil himself back from where he came from and so on....i think Geralt could beat Avallach pretty easy!

Let me add to this.

He beat Vilgefortz aswell :)
Geralt and Yen is most definitely the perfect love couple, basically ever!
He punched lugos' face in when he dared to insult Yen ;)
Avallac'h and Ciri is disgusting. Whoever likes this shit is just wrong lmfao.

He beat Vilgefortz aswell

Don't forget that Geralt did not beat Vilgefortz on his own, he got help. He barely escaped from being killed - with the aid of Fringilla's medallion, otherwise he would have been dead. Also Yennefer casted a magic shield and saved Geralt at some point. Regis had a great contribution in the fight as well, he intervened and saved Yennefer when Vilgefortz was about to kill her. There were three who fought against Vilgefortz: Geralt, Regis and Yennefer and they barely managed all three to fight him, not to mention that Regis got killed. All three deserves the merits for that fight, not only Geralt.

i think Geralt could beat Avallach pretty easy!

I would not bet. I emphasize one thing: Avallac'h was the only one who was able to stop Ciri's unleashed power in Kaer Morhen, despite the fact that he was weakened. If it were not for him, Ciri would have destroyed everything and everyone, since she did not know how to control her power.

And also i think Avallac'h would use his sword aswell

Why would a powerful mage, use a sword? It makes no sense, mages use magic as their weapon. Do we see Ermion, Yennefer, Triss or Caranthir or other mages using a sword? Why would they and why would Avallac'h do such thing, only to be at disadvantage, since he does not use such a weapon ? If you refer to the final meeting in Tedd Deireadh tower, i believe that scene with Geralt asking Avallac'h to draw his sword was bad writing, because Avallac'h doesn't even wear a sword :/ He use a staff weapon and he use magic . Anyway, he drew ''his sword'' :)P) and threw it away because it was not his intention to fight with Geralt, and we know what happened further. If he would have wanted to fight Geralt, he would have used magic, as i said above.

Don't forget that Geralt did not beat Vilgefortz on his own, he got help. He barely escaped from being killed - with the aid of Fringilla's medallion, otherwise he would have been dead. Also Yennefer casted a magic shield and saved Geralt at some point. Regis had a great contribution in the fight as well, he intervened and saved Yennefer when Vilgefortz was about to kill her. There were three who fought against Vilgefortz: Geralt, Regis and Yennefer and they barely managed all three to fight him, not to mention that Regis got killed. All three deserves the merits for that fight, not only Geralt.

I know lol, and ive mentioned that before. But im not going to say "Geralt beat vilgefortz however it was close and .... etc etc" every single time i mention it. So i just shorten it to "Geralt killed Vilgefortz". All 3 saved each other. Yen saved Geralt, Regis saved Yen, Geralt saved Yen. So it's all good :) VIlgefortz got what was coming to him, he was just plain evil in the end. Also, don't hurt Ciri and Yen and expect to get away with it ;)

No idea what you just said. Im clearly intellectually inferior to you. I can't even work out your opinion on Ciri or anything lmao, Explain it to basic people like me pls :D

Pairings are not boring!! Geralt and Yennefer are the best couple and they are also interesting ASF, love it!

Yeah but, he beat Vilgefortz because he got cocky. And also i think Avallac'h would use his sword aswell, as he did get his sword out. Quen would be useful aswell...QUEN FTW!

Regarding what I think: see that post I made on page 15. I do have this annoying procrastination quirk of latching onto under-cooked story lines in any medium and then toying with them until they don't seem so half-arsed anymore. So I suppose you could say that I find this entire affair bizarre from a story-developer's pov, which coincidentally is the pov you too are taking when chatting away, in-depth, about the interpretation of Yennefer and her motivations and mindset, or Ciri, or Geralt, or whoever. (But if you meant whether I declare my loyalty as a fan of Ciri, then yeah, sure, I like her.)

saltyB

Sure, it can be 'just a game', but then let's not pretend like what is going on here is an actual discussion on the narrative decisions of the game (part of which, as a writer, is to get who the hell are you writing about in what way and why ('that psychology way') and how that would work within the larger scheme of things) - which, I think, is what this board is for (and not only for squeeing over our favourite video game characters)?

If people can do 400 pages on Yen, some of which is rather productive discussion-wise, then why would Avallac'h (or Eredin, or Emhyr, or ...) be any different? Because his story in respect to Ciri happens to be inherently morally repulsive to many because twisted beyond absurdity? So hence everyone who tries to see things from the controversial end of the stick that is implied via some weird narrative-construction decisions in the game is 'just wrong, lol'?

Well... Lol, then. :D

So, in short, I don't think it worth it to boo and ridicule the question of this thread, nor the impressions of people who have expressed their, at places rather elaborate and 'varied' opinions about this particularly messy and grand re-interpretation of Ciri's story background (beyond the one she has with Yennefer and Geralt) and arc. It just isn't discussion, but shouting at each other and rewarding those who shout out the same message as you do.

No offence intended.

Last edited:
saltyB
Sure, it can be 'just a game', but then let's not pretend like what is going on here is an actual discussion on the narrative decisions of the game (part of which, as a writer, is to get who the hell are you writing about in what way and why ('that psychology way') and how that would work within the larger scheme of things) - which, I think, is what this board is for (and not only for squeeing over our favourite video game characters)?

If people can do 400 pages on Yen, some of which is rather productive discussion-wise, then why would Avallac'h (or Eredin, or Emhyr, or ...) be any different? Because his story in respect to Ciri happens to be inherently morally repulsive to many because twisted beyond absurdity? So hence everyone who tries to see things from the controversial end of the stick that is implied via some weird narrative-construction decisions in the game is 'just wrong, lol'?

Well... Lol, then. :D

So, in short, I don't think it worth it to boo and ridicule the question of this thread, nor the impressions of people who have expressed their, at places rather elaborate and 'varied' opinions about this particularly messy and grand re-interpretation of Ciri's story background (beyond the one she has with Yennefer and Geralt) and arc. It just isn't discussion, but shouting at each other and rewarding those who shout out the same message as you do.

No offence intended.

"So how do you think Avallach really feels about Ciri?"
That was the Question?
People started, that Avallach could might have a Relationship with her = Me and many others said:" Ehm...pls no!" Because everyone knows that Avallach is definitly not a good guy in The Lady of the Lake, he prisons Ciri and he forces her to become a Child with Auberon.

It was already a shame that Avallach is portayed as an Ally in TW3, but saying that he and Ciri....well, just no!

And so this thread ended somehow!

So i will add nothing more to that! And i won't discuss with you anymore about that! Because it is my Opinion...

And why do people 400 pages on Yen? Because it is a Special Thread about Yennefer and her Story!

This Thread isn't about Avallach...it is only about the Question how Avallach thinks about Ciri! Nothing more!

And why do people 400 pages on Yen?

Because Yen is an insanely interesting character and you can happily talk about her for a long time! I agree with you here ahaha

People started, that Avallach could might have a Relationship with her = Me and many others said:" Ehm...pls no!"

Yeah lmao, it is actually filthy and disgusting to think about this shit. Like generally who likes this stuff?

Because everyone knows that Avallach is definitly not a good guy in The Lady of the Lake, he prisons Ciri and he forces her to become a Child with Auberon.

I wouldnt say he was a bad guy, but he wasn't a good guy. He was good compared to Eredin who even in the books is a bad guy. Also Avallachs goals change, he needs to stop Eredin getting the elder blood = protect Ciri, he isnt doing it because he likes her. Although i think by the end he does care for her a little. As a friend ONLY, if anyone thinks he likes her then... gahhh so wrong lmfao!

---------- Updated at 10:46 PM ----------

(But if you meant whether I declare my loyalty as a fan of Ciri, then yeah, sure, I like her.)

Nice Nice, how can anyone dislike Ciri!

I always considered Avallac'h's relationship with Ciri to be a pretty sad one. I think that to him, Ciri is a pale echo of Lara Dorren - a reminder of the one he loved and lost (first to Cregennan of Lod, and then to death) but also a way to reach back into the past and make a connection in the only way left to him. It's like the scent of perfume on clothing of someone you've lost, reminding you both that the person was right there, but also that they're not there anymore.

Of course Avallac'h is also incredibly level-headed, logical and coldly scientific in his interest in Ciri as a carrier of the Elder Blood and what this means in terms of saving the land of the Aen Elle from the White Frost...

I don't think he and Ciri are friends. I don't think he dislikes her, either. I think his relationship to Ciri is a combination of a scientist who names and bonds with the rat he continues to experiment on, and Severus Snape protecting Harry Potter...

I don't think he and Ciri are friends.

I don't think they are friends either. But you notice i think he only calls her by the elvish name for Elder Blood or zirrael or however you spell it. But then later on he shouts "Ciri" when she was going to go head first against the hunt. So i think he wants to keep her safe as a person, just a little.

Yeah Avallac'h still cares for Lara Dorren despite the fact she died like 200 years ago. When Ge'els mentioned her Avallac'h was obviously not impressed. I think he still loves her 200 years later, and that must be incredibly hard to bare on his conscience. Apparently Ciri does look a little like Lara, according to Avallac'h anyway. But atleast he doesn't love Ciri, thank god lmao.

"So how do you think Avallach really feels about Ciri?"
That was the Question?
People started, that Avallach could might have a Relationship with her = Me and many others said:" Ehm...pls no!" Because everyone knows that Avallach is definitly not a good guy in The Lady of the Lake, he prisons Ciri and he forces her to become a Child with Auberon.

It was already a shame that Avallach is portayed as an Ally in TW3, but saying that he and Ciri....well, just no!

And so this thread ended somehow!

So i will add nothing more to that! And i won't discuss with you anymore about that! Because it is my Opinion...

And why do people 400 pages on Yen? Because it is a Special Thread about Yennefer and her Story!

This Thread isn't about Avallach...it is only about the Question how Avallach thinks about Ciri! Nothing more!

Pardon, I do labour under the impression that in order to understand what a character feels or thinks about another character you are required to understand their background, displays of irrationality and possible reasoning(s) as well.

Then open a Thread about Avallach if you really want to discuss about him!...>.>

That's unnecessary given that his character arc as presented in the books and now the games revolves around Ciri; hence, what I have already very clearly expressed earlier about holding well-argued and informed opinions.

Last edited:
Pardon, I do labour under the impression that in order to understand what a character feels or thinks about another character you are required to understand their background, displays of irrationality and possible reasoning(s) as well.

Then open a Thread about Avallach if you really want to discuss about him!...>.>

Oh man good question I thought I was the only one wondering this! I definitely think the game definitely hinted at there being something more, the scenes on the boat and in the lab were put there to make us wonder on purpose. Wether or not it is a attraction towards Ciri or an obsession for Lara Dorren that has been passed onto her is another big unanswered question. It seems that this has all been left unanswered on purpose, hopefully for another or game and not just because they ran out of time. I

Top Bottom