So, how's your arena experience?

+
So, how's your arena experience?

I'm having a blast. On my first run I went 9-1 and got a Caretaker.
Notable combos of the run: Stennis into Light Longship, Nekurat -> Fullmoon over Werewolf then add Morkvarg into Full moon for boosting.

Last edited:
Other than technical issues it's been great. But that could be because I drafted 10 golds so I haven't lost yet haha.

I played one, lost it to a Gigni I just didn't have a way to play around, and then proceeded to disconnect and lose my next two games before playing a single card.
However, it seems as though neither of those losses are going on the record, so I still have a chance! Thanks for being a chum, CDPR! I'm super excited for the deck, I've got like 6 good golds in it.

I got 6 gold cards...

Pretty sure you guys know how successful that was.

But wait... Didn't someone... MULTIPLE people raise this issue in the PTR?

Shadow-Stalker;n10573632 said:
I got 6 gold cards...

Pretty sure you guys know how successful that was.

But wait... Didn't someone... MULTIPLE people raise this issue in the PTR?

Second run. I draw 6 gold cards...

Needless to say this time I ended the contract after the first loss.

From what I'm seeing the Arena games are just casual right...meaning there is no leaderboard or any record of your progress? Seems kinda boring. I don't care about the rewards. Already have almost every card and over 100 kegs I don't need.

In addition...if you get a bad deck, you can just end the contract and start over with no penalization. Seems pointless. Too bad cause I thought this mode had potential...at least it changed things up a bit.

Last edited:
The arena feels pretty much like normal Gwent, which is great as it implies that Gwent has enough of an identity too feel like itself even if some of the basic rules are changed so much, but at the other side it is a bit of a shame, that there isn't such a big difference.
What makes the main difference for me is the time. Arena is a lot slower as noone nows there deck such good or the one of the opponent and eveery turn just takes ages. That is ok, when it is your turn, but waiting for the opponent can get really annoying, as there are so much less things to do. Without synergie you can't plan far ahead and you can neither count cards.
I belive giving information(how many cards of which faction or how many cards of which colour) about the opponent would make it a bit more interesting, as it is possible to plan further ahead.

Concerning the deck building, I probably hadn't a really bad deck, but I find that the difference between bronze, silver and gold is much less then expected. There a lot more bronze units you can play without any setup than golds, so if you have only gold units, you will have to play some of them when it is not optimal. Also a lot of Golds and Silvers rely on the player having bronzes. Therefore, I only once felt that I had lost a game due to the number of golds and even then it was more which golds the enemy had then the number of them.

Last edited:
I have just had a game against someone who played 11 golds (I only have 3 in my deck :D) it seems a little bit crazy and surprisingly I didn't win this uphill battle :D

fun at the start then random disconnect's and a forced loss were we both could still highlight card's but couldn't do anything plus every match im against master ranked player's and above even though im rank 15...lot's of fun zero matchmaking balance so no competitive side at all yet.

Played x3 games - had a deck with 7x gold cards.
Unfortunately I get to go first every game, which in this Arena mode seems to be the absolute kiss of death; and for me it was just removal city.
I thought normal mode removal was approaching borderline OTT, but this was just unreal. I ended one game (not a round an entire game) with 13pts total. Maybe it was just the oppo's I was up against (as no-one else has mentioned this) but I don't think I would have gotten 3x removal fiends in a row.
After losing my 3 games, the contract is broken etc and game ends. I haven't gone back.

Upsides: no silver CA Spies to have to worry about. I like the overall look and feel of the board and music; a good atmosphere.

Downsides: many technical issues with disconnects and some cards not resolving correctly. Very difficult to balance the deck between gold/silver/bronze - I understand that you 'get what you're given' as far as what level of cards are offered, but there should be a little more balance there I think.

Last edited:
A lot less fun than you'd think once you use up the 3 free passes.
The distribution of cards is waaaaay to random.
Picking your cards is way to chaotic now.

Basically it is fun if you get nice powerfull synergy.

But if it's all random crap you are left wondering why you should even bother to give it a shot and not just forfeit right away and just open your overpriced keg.

As it stand now: 6 out of 10

This seems like something that is going to get boring (or irritating) fairly soon.

Last edited:
Encountered Two game breaking bugs, Sile not drawing a card when playing blood curdling roar putting me a card down, and nekurat moonlight not boosting at all. Great fun.

It's been a lot of fun, more so than I expected. I like not being able to predict what the opponent is going to play next.

Deckbuilding was surprisingly tricky -- except for obvious "no, thank you"s like Reaver Scouts -- and I had to make some tough decisions. Some of which have turned out to be less than ideal. :p

Decks not being restricted to one faction definitely enables all sorts of clever combos. :D

Therealmorkvarg;n10578162 said:
nekurat moonlight not boosting at all
Hmmm... strange. I played Nekurat and it was good. However I usually already had a werewolf on the board before I played him.

Used my free tokens. Got 0 wins, then 3 wins, then 0 wins. Awful experience (and I'm not talking the disconnects) the mode is so stupid. Other people have these godly decks where every turn they gain 10 points and take 10 points from me, and none of my stuff works with each other. Very reluctant to give it anymore chance. Paying $2.50 CAD for a run seems like robbery. At least that's not forced, you just have to waste your hard earned ore.

My nekurat bugged out i believe because the enemy also had a nekurat my moonlight from nekurat never works if ive created it or the enemy already has one down. Its rough

Awful. It's full of bugs, random disconnects and "a problem has occurred with your local client"-defeats for no reason. I often have to terminate the game with process explorer. No other choice...

Last edited:
Top Bottom