so i am getting random crashes on 4090

+
game is unpayable state for me now
1696027154576.png

Post automatically merged:

eben the installer have to be pushed and restarted in order to install the game...

Last edited:
seems like the solution that cdpr is working on from 21st september might be to disable cross-platform saves - so far that ended the crashes ;-)
1696199453418.png

Have same issue, keep getting constant random crashes. Disabling cross save did not help at all, game crashed 10 seconds after I've loaded the latest save file.
I've gone through DDU, clean gpu driver install, removind Cyberpunk and RedEngine folders in local appdata, and the game lasted only 2 days without crashes. Today it started all over again, the more I play the more frequent crashes become.
I've monitored temps, CPU was hottest at 70 and GPU at 60.

Attaching last crash report. Same as the OP's.

maybe try this proicedure i've got from GOG support - did not have time to test it tho as disabling cross platform just helped:

Helo Krzysztof,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I know you tried it, but please perform a clean installation of the game. Carefully follow all the steps below.
1. Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, flash drive).
Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
2. Disable GOG Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077.
3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
4. Go to your GOG directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.
5. Remove:
Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
6. Restart your PC.
7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again, on SSD for the best performance. Do not install any mods.
If you will be installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders.
8. Run the game through GOG Galaxy by clicking "Play" and see if the issue persists.
9. If it's fixed, copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
10. Re-enable GOG Cloud if you want.

Best regards,
Leszek

maybe try this proicedure i've got from GOG support - did not have time to test it tho as disabling cross platform just helped:

Helo Krzysztof,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I know you tried it, but please perform a clean installation of the game. Carefully follow all the steps below.
1. Backup your save files. If possible, transfer them to an external device (for example, flash drive).
Saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\
2. Disable GOG Cloud for Cyberpunk 2077.
3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
4. Go to your GOG directory and see if there is a Cyberpunk 2077 folder, if so, remove it.
5. Remove:
Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
6. Restart your PC.
7. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again, on SSD for the best performance. Do not install any mods.
If you will be installing the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed to ensure that the game won't be blocked by Windows permissions settings make sure to install it on the drive root and not nested in some folders.
8. Run the game through GOG Galaxy by clicking "Play" and see if the issue persists.
9. If it's fixed, copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
10. Re-enable GOG Cloud if you want.

Best regards,
Leszek
Thanks for the suggestion, but redownloading the whole game is too much for me at the moment. I see lots of people with similar issue, and it is definitely something that devs had f****d up. I'd rather keep overloading their error report storage until they finally fix it.

There's definitely some sort of issue with cyberpunk with nvidia cards that doesn't happen in other games. I'm crashing a lot with both my systems. have a 2080 on one and a 3050 in the other. Both are crashing like mad despite fully updated drivers, clean installs of the game and cards, etc.

I think you have enabled a mod that adds additional settings or modifies settings of the game.
Even if you removed the mods, some settings might have left intact, because they're often saved in paths other than the mods folder.

This is why removing CP77 folders and reinstalling might help, as you get rid of all files from your install directory.
It was the case with my Raytracing problem that I described in my other thread.
Cleaning your settings and doing a fresh install might fix your problems.

Another tip, try fixing Windows files with a simple cmdlet (run cmd as an administrator and enter the following command):
sfc /scannow

This will scan your OS for broken OS files and replace them from Windows Update if damaged.
Restart your PC if it successfully repaired files, reinstall CP77 as mentioned above and check if that helped.
Check your chipset and graphics drivers and update them if they're old. Also check your undervolting/overclock profile if present, it might not be stable for CP77.

If your problems presist, then check if it is the same with other games (you have to test it the same way you can reproduce it in CP77).

Good Luck
TalentX

My card is a 4060Ti, game has absolutely zero mods, fresh install (new rig) , cross platform saves disabled because I don't have another device to play CP on. and I still get random crashes. Sometimes I can play for a couple of hours just fine, other times it's just a few minutes into the game.

Hey chooms, same boat here, no mods, fresh windows / new setup, up-to-date drivers etc etc.

Whats weird, that i played for like 55 hours after the release of PL - fresh save - and had no problems whatsoever, yesterday i finally started the PL story, played for like 6 hours straight and had a blast. Today i started the game as usual, and suddendly can't play for 10 minutes without a crash. What can i say, I'm pissed.

After the first crash the game told me to verify the data, so i did and it downloaded a 51mb update or whatever, but nothing changes with the crashing.

After the first crash the game told me to verify the data, so i did and it downloaded a 51mb update or whatever, but nothing changes with the crashing.
Just to know, if you verify the game files again, it's fine or it find missing files again?
(I remember some having a weird issue, verifying the game files always find missing files)
Also, by chance did you use a katana?
(not sure it was fixed in 2.01, but non-iconic katana with a specific mod on then cause crash too)

if any of you having gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42), I might able to help you get ride of this crash, just see my other post.

you can take a look of my thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...g-to-help-some-of-you-fix-the-crash.11123062/

for most ppl have newer graphc cards, the game crashes because gpu don't get enough power.
I'm not so sure you can really say that's true for most people. I had only one recent crash caused by power.

that said, turning off ray tracing actually reduced my crashes to almost zero on my 3050. Sucks though, cause ray tracing makes the game look beautiful.

Try turning off analytics in gameplay settings. Yes the one thing you wouldn't think would be cause crashes is...My guess is it is trying to send data sometimes and fails causing crashes.

since patch 2.01 my game still have random crashes, i've got 8 crashes in this version.
I have less crashes than the previous version but i still have random crash, i can play more than 10 hours without crash and randomly have a crash or sometimes it crash after 1, 2, 3 or 4 hours of gameplay, it's totally random.

Do any of you guys by any chance have Overclock enabled for your GPU's? Like afterburner or other stuff? I've disabled yesterday a preset of OC that was generated in auto mode for me in Afterburner, and It looks like it fixed crashing for me. I'll keep playing more for a few days and will see if it actually fixed. If its really an OC, than this is going to be the very first game for me to be crashing because of this.

This sounds like a CPU related crash not GPU one... sure it crashes in the graphics driver but that is executed on the CPU to feed commands to the GPU... just saying ;) I would put everything on stock (CPU/RAM/GPU).
This sound easier than done since a lot of Mobos actually overclock CPUs on stock... so... you need to do some work and understand what your particular CPU chip stock is and how it translates to your Mobo's BIOS...

Just saying in case you run out of ideas ;) (Debugging... so fun.. right? :D)

Do any of you guys by any chance have Overclock enabled for your GPU's? Like afterburner or other stuff? I've disabled yesterday a preset of OC that was generated in auto mode for me in Afterburner, and It looks like it fixed crashing for me. I'll keep playing more for a few days and will see if it actually fixed. If its really an OC, than this is going to be the very first game for me to be crashing because of this.
Update on this. Been playing for 2 days straight after this with GPU OC in Afterburner disabled and got zero crashes. Maybe the guy who said about power delivery fail to GPU in Cyberpunk was right.
Just in case, I have cross save and analytics disabled as well, but they were disabled while the game was constantly crashing, so not sure if it affects the stability.

Top Bottom