So I just reached (pro) rank or not so pro afterall....

+
Ever since the Gwent Partners tournament with a sizeable number of participants actually bringing in shupe and radeyah decks as "memes" and winning with them, I've noticed quite a number of people are now doing that as well in pro ladder (you can go on to see their deck list, if you're interested).

How the meme now is on it's journey to become some sort of meta.....

Heh. But having played through with them with my other factions, I know what actually works and what doesn't. So I guess I got a headstart there. :D

One of the joys of playing Gwent. And I'm proud to say, I went to rank 0 with a deck like this, WITHOUT copying anyone. :D

Wouldn't be at all surprised some of the "pros" probably took inspiration from this deck when I fought them on pro ladder, since you can't really see your opponents name in there whenever you queue against them, I think is to prevent win tradings/stream snipings, etc.

Last edited:

Soimu

Forum regular
I just wanna document some of my thoughts in here, just started playing this game about 3 weeks ago.

As per title, I just reached pro rank with 3 homebrewed and pretty much "meme" decks meaning, not following meta at all.

Playing through ranks 1-7 can be considered one of the toughest and throughout these ranks are where I noticed I had amended my decks again, again and again just to be able to "counter the meta".

And I finally did it.

So, moral of the story: It's entirely possible for newbies to GWENT to reach pro rank with whatever fancy deck you can create with whatever scraps and RP you guys have. I know I did. I just bought the premium, that's all, despite watching several streamers who are so called in "pro" ranks, but they are still humans are still very much susceptible to mistakes and misplays. (That's exactly how I motivated myself to keep pushing forward).

So you can do it too, with any motivation and mine was just getting the sweet 25 RP at the end of the season.

And p/s GO and accept whatever regulations for pro rank in options if you are grinding for it. Don't make the same mistake like me and maybe dozen of others who maybe doing it and getting frustrated if you don't reach the rank. Frustrations will cause you to make frequent mistakes no matter what deck you are playing, tier 0, tier 1, etc or some meme like mine.

So i was on my last match that should have got me to rank 0 and i lost by 1 point then on my next ones of course i lost but i finally got to that important match and AGAIN i lost by 1 point. Losing few more games and climbing again i have finally won that important match and to my surprise nothing happened. By some miracle i won the next match also and still nothing happened and then after reading the forums i have found out about that stupid rule in the options which was not activated. So after i activated it (which of course is also bugged because you have to change some other options there so the apply button can work) guess what, i have lost that match and AGAIN i had to climb the ladder with some games lost some won but finally after a few hours i have reached PRO RANK...

There should be some warning that pop up between rank 1 and 0 to let you know about the regulations because as it is it is poorly implemented. You don't want to know how mad and frustrated i was that evening.

So i was on my last match that should have got me to rank 0 and i lost by 1 point then on my next ones of course i lost but i finally got to that important match and AGAIN i lost by 1 point. Losing few more games and climbing again i have finally won that important match and to my surprise nothing happened. By some miracle i won the next match also and still nothing happened and then after reading the forums i have found out about that stupid rule in the options which was not activated. So after i activated it (which of course is also bugged because you have to change some other options there so the apply button can work) guess what, i have lost that match and AGAIN i had to climb the ladder with some games lost some won but finally after a few hours i have reached PRO RANK...

There should be some warning that pop up between rank 1 and 0 to let you know about the regulations because as it is it is poorly implemented. You don't want to know how mad and frustrated i was that evening.

I know how that feels dude. I felt the same, tbh. That's what I suggested in the technical forums too.

I mean, at this stage of the game (out of beta, etc), all these small aspects should have been ironed out by CDPR. Not sure why they haven't already done so. Hosting tournaments etc are good to gain more followers to the game, but if they can't even try to iron out these basic features......

Reaching pro rank in this game is easy because system is stupid as hell. when i was around rank 4, i've lost 6 in a row while all my pieces required to rank up were in absent. It still didnt kick me back to rank 5. They've made ranking up easy so players will find enough motivation to play this imbalanced trash.

I don't feel stupid not going back to lesser rank.

To me, when i level up to a new rank, i often try to play new deck that always loose a lot as i'm probably not the best deck builder and it take me time and games to build an efficient deck ..it's comfortable to me to play new style , chained loss again HC, harmony or other things and not going back to lesser rank... I'm sure if you allow to get back , you're going to reduce the type of encoutered decks and increase the number of HC deck by example ..

So i think it's less frustrating for players like me

Top Bottom