So I leveled to 50 before going to Victor

+
That's why I don't like scaling enemies in open world rpg games.
I want to feel some progression in my play. I want to level up and put work into my character, go back to a tough enemy from the past and own him.

But if every half naked goon is as tough or even more resilient than saka ninja's...it's just immersion and game breaking for me.

What makes the difference are the perks. Dont forget he never used any perk or cyberware. Just weapon dmg.

Every enemy scales with you even if they go from yellow, to green, to grey "difficulty". Guns and gear scale with you. What makes you overpowered at the later game are the perks and damage multipliers.

No real information in this post, just found it interesting on the leveling curve and the way enemies scale. Seen a few posts complaining the game needs level scaling, and well...it exists?

That's interesting. In the initial dev comments, they said there was no level scaling, and that enemies in an area too tough for you are best avoided until you're tough enough to handle it. I waited 20 levels to do a mission where the enemies were "skulls", only to realize that they will ALWAYS be skulls.

Yet another way the city doesn't feel real to me. Enemies that are "too tough" will always be that way. Getting in a fight and getting your ass handed to you, only to lick your wounds and come back when you're tougher, is an exercise in futility.

I think levels are an archaic system of a false sense of progression honestly.
The worst level scaling I have seen was in Oblivion, a rat 1 was always a threat no matter how high I leveled.

I think targets should maintain a level of difficulty and skills/gear/knowledge adapt how the fight is done over time. Increase health pools or damage done per level will either make half of the game (or more) meaningless as you level and you just ignore it, or it makes all of the game "immersion breaking" if they scale with you.

A rat should be as hard as a rat is to fight, nothing more. Even at level 1 they shouldn't be a difficult chore to fight. The difference is, at level 1 I might have a stick and it takes a few more wacks to kill it. At level 50 I should have a nice shiny sharp sword, so now I can lop it's head off.

Now a hoard of rats would be a threat and even if they don't do a lot of damage, there are too many to fight without getting scratched or bit, which could have a disease and debuff/dmg over time. That makes the encounter always interesting and if you get lazy you might get nipped by the single rat, but they do get easier over time as you learn how the rat fights and how to avoid taking damage or reducing the time fought.

So for this scenario in Cyberpunk. A bunch of scavs are a threat regardless. They are under equipped and not organized, but if they get the jump on you they can still kill you. As I get more gear and skills, I have more ways to fight them and maybe at level 1 I can fight a single scav and make it out ok, but 3 scavs are hard to deal with. At level 50 I now have better quickhacks and cybernetics, maybe the scavs are weak to fire and now I have fire based weapons to keep them CCed longer and easier to fight a crowd.

They still can kill me, but I have more tools at my belt to deal with them. You can accomplish this with fight mechanics and strategy. Levels are an illusion that are unnecessary.

If anything, putting some of the skills and quickhacks behind missions instead of just getting exp to earn them would make the world and missions more meaningful as you have to do a job to learn a special quick hack that lets you blind targets or learn how to make people cyber psychos at the end of the quest chain.

Your hired! Pack your kit-----your writing/scripting the next patch!

PS: Stop by the Business Office when you report, and tell 'em I said to take a $1000.00 out of petty cash for you as a bonus.

That's interesting. In the initial dev comments, they said there was no level scaling, and that enemies in an area too tough for you are best avoided until you're tough enough to handle it. I waited 20 levels to do a mission where the enemies were "skulls", only to realize that they will ALWAYS be skulls.

Yet another way the city doesn't feel real to me. Enemies that are "too tough" will always be that way. Getting in a fight and getting your ass handed to you, only to lick your wounds and come back when you're tougher, is an exercise in futility.

They said no scaling? Yet from my level 4 and level 50 dmg tests it shows the enemies do get more health as you level.

As far as my search for "yellow/moderate difficulty" enemies after leaving watson, all random police badge events have been grey/low difficulty as far as I have seen, crime in progress (none respawning events), and side quests.

The only yellow/moderate spawns I have found so far are border police at the security checkpoint.

What makes the difference are the perks. Dont forget he never used any perk or cyberware. Just weapon dmg.

Without perks enemies just become hard hitting bullet sponges.

With perks you again can one-shot the enemies and on harder difficulty getting freak one-shotted.

It still feels wrong that suddenly your gun takes more bullets to kill the half naked goon, while in the beginning you had no troubles the with fully armed and geared up spec ops.

There's a hidden multiplier based on your level and the minimum level of the target. If enemies are grey you end up dealing 100% more damage. It feels completely unnecessary to do this when perks add so much already.

Always interesting how multiple people come up with the same ideas separately. My test was on a whim and not very scientific, but I like that reddit thread you linked. Shows definitively by numbers how scaling is working even in the face of the thought that there isn't scaling in the game.

If you power level at the start most items also becomes trivial.

You stop looking for style or best armor and only care about legendary and upgrade slots.

I wish the game would offer a mechanic to upgrade every gear in the game to legendary with maximum amount of slots.

I cannot fathom to understand why this is not a feature?

It would allow the player to play V with the style you personally prefer.

Indeed. Due to this reason, I will sadly wait till end of 2021 to do my 3rd playthrough, hoping that all these incomplete features will be fixed by then. The game is not just buggy but also incomplete in many aspects except storyline.

Without perks enemies just become hard hitting bullet sponges.

With perks you again can one-shot the enemies and on harder difficulty getting freak one-shotted.

It still feels wrong that suddenly your gun takes more bullets to kill the half naked goon, while in the beginning you had no troubles the with fully armed and geared up spec ops.
Well, until level ~20 every enemy was kinda hard to for me. Only around level 30 I changed it to hard, because everything was a joke then (so basically one-shoted).

And I didnt even skill a perfect build.. Just sth I came up on my own and a mixed build (had no attribute at lvl20). The game was for me way harder at the beginning, than in the endgame.

Top Bottom