So I opened 90 kegs and tracked the rarity.....

+
So I opened 90 kegs and tracked the rarity.....

Well I decided to spend 100€ on some kegs (if I like a game I like to support the devs) and I tracked the rarity I got out of each keg.
I think it will be interesting for some of you to see if it's worth spend money in the current state of the game.

In total I got 323 commons, 102 rares, 18 epics and 7 legendaries and after milling the duplicates I had 1810 Scraps (that's like 2 legendaries and an epic).

The bad thing is the RNG of the kegs because after all I could not build a deck that follows a red line or is totally based on one strategy, after some lucky F2P Kegs and some crafting it worked finally.

So in my opinion CDPR should raise the rarities of epics and legendaries or make the Kegs faction specific, not fully more like choosing a preffered faction and then the chance to get cards of that faction is increased (the faction thing could be a bit more complicated because the cards in the Kegs are already rolled out as you get the Keg).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A2Ua_LffrewWRextviKKB97YzQum1o4GBxpfSVFEveY/edit?usp=sharing

Greetings,
Rizbo

P.S.: If you changed the language of your game buying Kegs seems not working due to a protocol error, just switch back to english and it should work (the bug exists at least if you set the game to german)

Last edited:
I agree. There should be more epic and legendary cards through the kegs. I haven't bought any kegs with real money yet, but opened over 20 kegs or so and found very very few rare/epic/legendary cards. I wanted to spend some real money, but looking at the randomness, I think I'll wait it out till the beta is over.
In one particular keg, I found 3 weather cards that I already had in multiples, and a strength 1 foglet.:facepalm2:
That was by far the most disappointing opening.

But the game is really awesome and I will be spending real money in the future. Just hoping that the RNG will become a bit fairer by the time the beta is over.

Yeah, for this amount of money it seems like a rip off to be honest. If kegs had better content I might consider buying a few myself. For now I'm sticking with free to play contentl At level 15 I got the first legendary gold card (neutral) from a keg I could actually use in my deck...

Also considering there will be more factions in the future I'm having a bad feeling about the current system. There needs to be a way to make sure to get more useful stuff for the faction one needs... and/or let people trade cards.

The ratio is more or less the same as most card games.

In HS for example from a sample of 28k packs the ratio is: 71.65% for common, 22.84% for rare, 4.42% for epics, 1.10% for legendaries.

But with around 208 cards in the collection so far the number of the legendaries is too high. They should remove the leader cards (in my opinion) from the legendary pool and reward them differently (maybe through achievements or something)

The ratio is more or less the same as most card games.

In HS for example from a sample of 28k packs the ratio is: 71.65% for common, 22.84% for rare, 4.42% for epics, 1.10% for legendaries.

But with around 208 cards in the collection so far the number of the legendaries is too high. They should remove the leader cards (in my opinion) from the legendary pool and reward them differently (maybe through achievements or something)

Sure but in HS the packs feel a bit more worthier (over CB and the final version I spend like 500-600€ in it) because you get more cards wich fits to any playstyle or multiple playstyles.
In Gwent we have right now to many specified strategies for each faction, as an example for Skellige you can build a weather control, a removal or a discard deck, Zombie decks are possible to but doesn't really work in the current meta game (if we have any right now.....).

And right now we have 208 cards in this game but after removing the cards with an alternate artwork (Nekkar, Wild Hunt Rider, Queensgard, Reaver Hunter, Blue Stripes Commando and Geralt) you just have 197 cards right know.

These 197 cards split up to: 48 (24%) legendaries, 56 (28%) epics, 50 (25%) rares and 43 (22%) commons.

And this makes this game in the current state a bit pay to win, I know we're waiting still for the Nilfgaard faction and then it can look a bit different but right now it does not seem really worthy to spend money because 53% of the cards are epic and legendary.
I hope that see alternate artwork versions of some units will be something that you can just get through the campaign in the final game, aswell as the leaders.

Also remember that you can craft cards and that's where it offsets the rarity. You should mill an entire one or two decks and craft the legendaries you want, that's what I did. I spent $20 and milled all of my monster and scoia'tael cards and crafted several rares and legendaries. If you have 90 kegs worth of cards then you can mill and craft all the ones you want.

also bear in mind there is a single player mod which could have certain missions that might influence the amount and the rarity of cards you'll get..

any game that has the option to buy card packs using real money is pay to win. the problem will eventually vanish once there are enough players with meta decks.

I'm one of the most unlucky, for now i playing f2p and I gateher gold for 20 packs.
One Epic Odrin, and nothing more, only in 2 kegs duble rare. :( and lots of duplicate i have 900 scarps already.
I think 4 kegs per day i f2p is Fair but the rearity drop is terrible.

I got a legendary in my first keg.... and in Hearthstone in about 110+ packs I got 3 legendaries. It doesn't mean anything, I know, but Gwent seems better so far. At least you get to pick one card of the 5

Well I decided to spend 100€ on some kegs (if I like a game I like to support the devs) and I tracked the rarity I got out of each keg.
I think it will be interesting for some of you to see if it's worth spend money in the current state of the game.

In total I got 323 commons, 102 rares, 18 epics and 7 legendaries and after milling the duplicates I had 1810 Scraps (that's like 2 legendaries and an epic).

The bad thing is the RNG of the kegs because after all I could not build a deck that follows a red line or is totally based on one strategy, after some lucky F2P Kegs and some crafting it worked finally.

So in my opinion CDPR should raise the rarities of epics and legendaries or make the Kegs faction specific, not fully more like choosing a preffered faction and then the chance to get cards of that faction is increased (the faction thing could be a bit more complicated because the cards in the Kegs are already rolled out as you get the Keg).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A2Ua_LffrewWRextviKKB97YzQum1o4GBxpfSVFEveY/edit?usp=sharing

Greetings,
Rizbo

P.S.: If you changed the language of your game buying Kegs seems not working due to a protocol error, just switch back to english and it should work (the bug exists at least if you set the game to german)

Based on the stats you provided, you got really, really lucky. I opened about the same amount of kegs and got merely 2 legendaries.

Purchased 15 Kegs and it was just not satisfying. I want to buy more but it just don't feel right. I did not get anything I wanted or could craft a decent deck. As i milled then 2 full factions i could craft playable decks for the other 2.

One solid deck trough the campaign at release could be enough also.

Anyway guys currently the ratio is bad for the most of us. But relax, it's a closed beta and I think that CDPJ didn't lose their mind and will not sacrifise their name in order to be another Hearthstone greedy game that makes tons of $ from idiots. I think/hope in the end they will make the money we spend worth it like in their other games. (and the prices are quite high for what CDPJ used us to, same like Hearthstone packs...)

Anyway guys currently the ratio is bad for the most of us. But relax, it's a closed beta and I think that CDPJ didn't lose their mind and will not sacrifise their name in order to be another Hearthstone greedy game that makes tons of $ from idiots. I think/hope in the end they will make the money we spend worth it like in their other games. (and the prices are quite high for what CDPJ used us to, same like Hearthstone packs...)

I think the biggest problem right now is the rarity of some cards, and their are cards wich are equally powerful but have different rarities.
And if 52% of all cards are epic and legendary you will just get crap most of the time but as you said it's a closed beta and the card pool is not fully implemented in the current state but we're missing Nilfgaard as a faction as well so with just 5 cards per Keg it will be hard to get a good deck :(

But after all investing some money will give you a good amount of cards and with the rate of getting ore and scrap the progress is really quick imho, I usually buy at least 2-3 Kegs with ore each day and this is something which makes the price-/keg-/droprate-politic kinda fair.

2 things I am over already are the fact that the game was being advertised as fair and not 'grindy'. So far they are neither fair and it is definitely grindy. You get very little material and I play Scoia'tael almost exclusivley and never get SCTL cards when I open kegs. It seems like it's been programmed that way like every other micro transaction game to draw more money out of players.

Alright so, I'm level 9 atm and have opened 6 kegs (haven't bought anything just the kegs from the lvl ups). Out of the 30 cards i got out of them 12 were rare and 1 epic. Decent loot I would say myself. Did those cards helped me with my main deck? Out of 30 cards only 5 were for my NR deck. I got many duplicates which I wouldn't use so got many scraps to craft common cards for my deck ( max out some copies/create 1 copy of a card I didn't have etc). After those tweaks my deck was ready to roll and my win ratio went up drastically (that happened on the 4th day of my gameplay). So long story short, you don't need to have many epic/legendary cards to be on the top form.
Now I want to contribute to this thread by playing the devil's advocate. Right now I only see people calling out CDPR about the drop rate of the cards. I want to remind you that this game IS incomplete ( missing a whole faction, maybe some other major cards on the already existing decks) and IS in a CLOSE beta.
I do not criticize the TC for buying so many kegs( hey it is his money and he does whatever he pleases), but I do criticize the opinion of many people here that they want high chances of getting epic/legendary cards from opening MANY kegs. The ratio right now is around 1% for legendary and 4-5% for epic. Please keep in mind that the current version of the game has only 208 cards! If you ask me, the current drop rate is fair enough. You can get around and beat other decks with commons and a low amount of rare/epic cards. Just imagine what would happen if someone like TC would open 100 packs and got around half the legendaries out there. I guarantee you there would be a flood of threads claiming the game is pay to win and there is no point in starting playing when it launches. (for god's sake there are already threads like that right now). Yes the game can be grindy at the moment but for good reason (I think CDPR are monitoring rewards/cards and the likes from the kegs and lvl ups, just to tune them out during the beta). I even expect a wipe and start fresh on the following months until January.
Now let me get it on with how kegs should be (some options and tuning here and there). The current system is quite cool (with getting 4 cards and then deciding on the 5th one), but as some people have mention there are times where you get the same card twice on the same keg. In my opinion that should not happen (each keg should have 5 DIFFERENT cards to get and select). Another thing about kegs is that many people don't get cards for their main deck and are forced to mill cards from their collection just to craft their desired cards. Maybe faction focused kegs should be the solution here(and by that I don't mean all 5 cards from the keg should be for only the selected faction, but let's say 3 out of 5 cards should be). That shouldn't guarantee an epic or legendary card for the selected faction on the 5th card though. Just getting 3 out of 5 randomly for your selected faction is good enough I think. To add to that point I would like to suggest faction specific scraps. Each faction should have its own scraps for crafting cards for the said faction (that should work only on milling cards though), while winning matches or completing story mode etc. , should give you scraps to use for any faction. Lastly, I would consider putting some cards craftable only (that means no keg drop for those cards, you have to mill other cards from the faction to craft the more powerful ones for the said faction). Highly suggested targets for craft only cards should be the leader cards and maybe some other epic/legendary cards. Right now I cannot think of something else to add as ideas. Please excuse my wall of text and try to add your own ideas on the matter of kegs/drops/materials in general. Hopefully in the following days I will try to focus on some tweaks/nerfs/changes on the actual cards. I am eager to see what other ideas are out there from the players of the beta. I really want Gwent to success as a game and I swear the mechanics and the strategies as of right now are quite impressive, there are literally at least 3 or more different strategies for each deck to play around its cards and it's only the close beta.
GL&HF in the beta guys.

Top Bottom