So I was thinking about weather....

+
So I was thinking about weather....

I've seen weather very overwhelming, and now very underwhelming. Well what if cdprojektred did something around the lines of only letting clear skies take away one weather effect total, picking between frost, fog, rain, rage nar, drought, or skellige storm and you could also (MAYBE EVEN) allow only the two gold weather cards to do their damage to be top any other weather damage with every other weathers . Individual units that can clear weather on their row could only clear one weather type if more then one weather effect was effecting that row (again only the two gold weathers would do damage on top of whatever weather may or maybe not be currently down... I honestly can't tell if this sounds just insane or sounds like a happy medium between last patch and the current patch with weather. Then to maybe expand on that and make a new silver card that's a full clear/ rally two bronze cards and you pick one to play then shuffle the other one back into ur deck . Thoughts?

Last edited:
You know what's cool about weather now? You can actually run it if it has synergy with your deck without fearing too much weather removal. Nobody runs 3 clear skies anymore, which is good for the game. I like the way weather is now you get a few ticks of damage per round, seems fair.

I brought out the old foglet farm deck yesteday and its fun as heck. Don't have to worry so much about foglets getting removed and even though i'm getting only 2 ticks a round from fog, few remove all the fog every round so it takes it's toll over the game without being stupidly OP.

Weather is probably on its best spot now since the beginning of CB. And it will become better as they introduce more synergy cards with it.

YA I probably shouldn't have used the word "underwhelming" to describe weather this patch because I actually really like where weather is ATM. I was more or less thinking if CDPROJEKTRED determined that they nerfed weather to much this patch where would they go from here and literally what I originally posted randomly came to mind.

I really like how the weather is working right now. Not only aren't you forced to run weather clearing cards, but you also get to use the good synergies that are in the game without having to run 10 weather cards because a couple will always get countered.

This is exactly how I feel weather should work. Very good synergies, but not something you can just latch onto any build just for the heck of it.

Can't wait to see if CDPR develops further with synergies, and what they come up with, and I really hope no major overhaul comes a 3rd time for weather. Just let it stabilize and develop on it, now that we seem to have found a good starting point.

This new weather update sucks because now my Monster Deck is worthless and only damages one unit instead of the whole row if they change the weather cards then they need to stop the mass spawning of multiple cards from other factions to level the playing field

Jmod2;n9113980 said:
This new weather update sucks because now my Monster Deck is worthless and only damages one unit instead of the whole row if they change the weather cards then they need to stop the mass spawning of multiple cards from other factions to level the playing field

Huh... So, you're playing monsters, and you feel other factions are spawning too many units?

Monsters consume spawns lots of units and monsters swarm spawns even more. Those are the two strongest monsters archetypes right now, and two very strong decks. You should check them out.

They should have not messed with the weather cards leave them alone they are a great way to counter mass card spawning. It sucks because if someone spawns a massive amount of cards and I use a weather card it only affects the higher numbered card and not all in that row. Just makes this game not worth the time and money if it keeps changing the rules.

Top Bottom