So if ciri was the empress she could rule forever?

+
So if ciri was the empress she could rule forever?

If Ciri is made emperor she could technically be empress forever. Aren't sorceress immortal when it comes to old age? I know ciri isn't a sorceress but she is something very similar maybe even more powerful. She could then be the empress of nilfgaard forever? Or am I missing something. Also the word COULD should be noted since she can still be killed or step down or something like that

Witchers and mages/sorceress age more slowly, but still age. Ciri have inborn magical talent, but thats it. She is not infertile, and she will age like any human I believe.

But sorceresses use magic to still look young... so she can probably change her appearance until old age (or get mummy Yennefer or auntie Triss to help her do it)??

Unless she goes through whatever procedure regular sorceresses go (magical alteration of their bodies), she won't have the life as long as they have. Inborn magical talent or power doesn't give you longer life by itself. Witchers have long live due to their mutations, which Ciri doesn't have (nobody even knows if women could mutate into witchers same way the men can). Yennefer, Triss and Geralt would actually outlive her despite being much older already.

I was under the impression the eldar blood extented the nature lifeline. Or was that due to the eldar blood being mostly in Elves?

Unless she goes through whatever procedure regular sorceresses go (magical alteration of their bodies), she won't have the life as long as they have.

It's actually not that (those procedures are basically cosmetic surgery). What mages use to prolong their life is a mandrake elixer. There's actually nothing preventing anyone from using it other than wizards keeping it a secret (it's discussed in Season of Storms).

So technically Ciri could stay as empress forever, provided someone could provide it for her. Seeing as traditionally the ruler of Nilfgaard has their mages on a very tight leash, it's actually fairly feasible for that to happen.

Unless she goes through whatever procedure regular sorceresses go (magical alteration of their bodies), she won't have the life as long as they have. Inborn magical talent or power doesn't give you longer life by itself. Witchers have long live due to their mutations, which Ciri doesn't have (nobody even knows if women could mutate into witchers same way the men can). Yennefer, Triss and Geralt would actually outlive her despite being much older already.

She is not just some weak witch though. She has power that with some real teaching (it takes longer then a few years of off and on teaching) could thrash yennifer and phillipa combined easily. I would think with that much power she could have a longer life span then the average human.

Top Bottom