So, is everybody ready for Skellige domination mark II?

+
NG 3rd round no units also works against PF if you can win Round 1 with the Ramon Crossbowman Soldier Package or Opponent doesn't bleed you round 2 because you need a long round 3 for Cadavarine to get good value (usually 6 Point targets against SK or lined up with tainted Ale), plan for round 3 is to have almost no Unit's in hand aside of Urcheon (which gets immediately transformed after being played) and Vattier (which is the finisher after using Imposter on a boosted (if you have a Pact or two in hand) Arnjolf or another worthy target (don' use Imposter on a Veil Unit because you wont be able to Seize it) and seizing it with Vattier with Petri's Filter on Board, probably very annoying(even without Ball and Vinnie) to play against so don't expect much GG's.
https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/3031c681bcf45858e939d3e2d2557789

Went to Pro today with a Blaze of Glory Deck (to my excuse it's the only 100 Leader wins Contract I'm missing for Skellige), play style should be self explaining Ragh Nar Roog catches a lot of Players of Guard and the two times 12 removal with Blaze Of Glory into Jutta and Hjalmar into Jutta isn't that bad in the current Meta either.
https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/129ef1c24f34d07ecba432f63b9bbf25

Guest 4368268

First time I actually played the SK warriors list today. It felt absolutely busted and I went on 20+ win streak. (Only had one mirror somehow) This is after a hotfix and a patch released with the purpose of bringing SK in line. I'd seen gameplay and I was aware that it was OP, but actually playing it gives you a better perspective at it. I was surprised just how comfortable I was even on blue coin. The control is so, so nutty. Nothing is ever out of control range. This is what happens when you let certain busted cards hang around just because a faction is weak.

As soon as that faction becomes playable these cards immediately take it to tier 0 category. This is why people complain about cards like Vincent even though NG is pretty weak. Because when NG gets better these cards immediately form a huge problem. Cards that need a nerf/rework: Madman Lugos, Skjordal, Blood Eagle, Vabjorn. Unpopular opinion I guess, but Harald didn't seem that crazy to me, perhaps cause' I didn't use Greatswords. He's a lot of points true, but that applies to all evolving cards.I think if you work on the deck he's actually considered OP in people would consider him less problematic.

Vabjorn tutoring bronze raids would already be very strong (because stunning blow is kind of busted in this meta) but him tutoring raiding fleet and blood eagle is crazy. Champions charge destroying anything for bloodthirst 3 is fine, Lugos being a 4 deal 6, 7, 8+ damage is not. I'm against attaching too many points on control cards.

Hey guys, just to mediate a little, as you are both good posters.

This is clearly a point of cultural difference. I'm going to take a guess you aren't from the same country. This is an international forum after all.

E.g.

To say "you are completely wrong"
Might be okay in say America,
But it will definitely raise a few eyebrows in say the UK.
And if you said something like that in Japan, you would probably alienate half the room.

But at the same time I also agree it's good to give reasons when we disagree with a point.
Might be. I simply hate statements that are like "100% of what you said is wrong" because they're almost never true. And that's definitely the case here too, no doubt. I'm from Europe, but I find it hard to imagine that such extreme and obviously exaggerated wording is appropriate in any part of the world. But thanks man, really appreciate your help here! :)

So is the plan to hotfix or just let SK be busted until the leader change patch?

Not really fun to play when there are basically 2 classes right now.

Top Bottom