So is matchmaking still screwed or have that many people quit already?

+
Laveley;n9097240 said:
Casual play will never be balanced, i already had a discussion on another thread with the OP about this very same issue and i explained to him why he will never face same skill level opponents on casual no matter what cdpr does to it. But the guy doesnt want to accept the fact, so yeah, what can you do? Complain on the forums i guess....

Unless someone is a very new player I don't see the problem here. Don't people want to play people more experienced than them sometimes? I actually really enjoy taking on top level players. So far it has just proven to me that the only difference between myself and them is that they have far more time to play the game. There is nothing special about their decks or ability to play the game. All you need is a good deck, adequate skill/knowledge, and a bit of luck.

Issue is that top player probably have whole collection and can make any deck they dream of while rest are stuck so it is not really fun to constantly face those when you are limited in what you can do.

Given how (continually) poorly balanced the Open Beta has been, its quite likely a large number of incoming players have already quit.

zheprime;n9098180 said:
Unlike in say Gwent there are many formats. Also unlike in say Gwent there is trading and selling of cards, while in Gwent there is only milling which gives you horrid returns. Not only that in MtG cards don't change and can become useless or unviable.

So are you calling me a liar or delusional? Since apparantely my experiences never happened.

You also seemed to have completely missed the points I made and simply focused on trying to prove me wrong. This isn't you trying to work towards a compromise or a solution, but to ignore it. How is this helping the game? Do you think I want the game to be bad?
I saw problems in the design of the game (and other online card games) and decided to share it. Not because I want to hate on the game or something, but because being vocal about issues is important for the development of the game. Blind praise or denial never ever helps the developers.

No, I'm not calling you a liar or delusional. I was simply explaining to you, why what you experienced happens.

Your opponents Rank, Level, and Card Collection don't factor in to Casual MMR. At no point was I ever trying to prove you wrong. Unless your argument was that Top Tier players were using Casual Play to mop the floor with you and hold you down. Then I would strongly disagree.

You can be as vocal as you want about the issue. Maybe you should be vocal in the support forum instead of the general discussion forum, if you think what you are experiencing is a bug. Or the suggestion forum, if you think you can offer a solution. The information I gave you was based solely on answers that were already given on this forum to the issue you are raising. Proving you wrong would be a waste of my time, since your opinion is far stronger than the facts that have been provided to us already by the developers.

zheprime;n9095360 said:
You don't sound close-minded or biased at all, nope.

First you claim nothing of what I said is true without providing any counter arguments. Then you make the statement that what this ellusive "everyone" says is true over what the individual thinks while then ending your post by saying that MtG, possibly the biggest and longest running CCG that many other CCG were inspirired by "sucks", yet again without giving any reasons as to why.

I hope you understand that comments like mine are more helpful for the developers than comments like yours. Blind support/fanboyism is terrible for a games growth.

I'm surely not as close minded as you are. Why exactly do i need any counter arguments? You DID NOT bring any in first place. Just empty claims, from person who have no idea what is talking about.
I have huge experience with MtG. It sucks.

Please keep the conversation on track :) We recently deployed changes to matchmaking and the distribution of ranking points, please give it a try :)

Burza46;n9115130 said:
Please keep the conversation on track :) We recently deployed changes to matchmaking and the distribution of ranking points, please give it a try :)

Were these changes also applied to Casual Play? Because I too have noticed that I'm matched against players way above my level and rank almost every game I play in Casual. Which, if Casual Matchmaking is actually working as intended and putting us against players of similar skill (MMR), it means either those other players almost never play Casual and thus have poor MMR there, or I should get back to Ranked play because I'm actually better than I thought...

Top Bottom