So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?

Highly doubt it, seems their pretty happy with the end result (on PC) in the apology video and the train wreck of a twitter post.
Id be happy if their response was "we are NMSing the s**t out of this" but they seem to live in the clouds. sadly.

Bugs/crashes so they get it into playstation store asap.
DLCs, being clothes, cars, cosmetics maybe. Then just make sure everything is stable. Is my take from their "roadmap".

After that maybe they will focus on getting multiplayer going, cause that's what most of us want, rite?

Highly doubt it, seems their pretty happy with the end result (on PC) in the apology video and the train wreck of a twitter post.
Id be happy if their response was "we are NMSing the s**t out of this" but they seem to live in the clouds. sadly.

Bugs/crashes so they get it into playstation store asap.
DLCs, being clothes, cars, cosmetics maybe. Then just make sure everything is stable. Is my take from their "roadmap".

After that maybe they will focus on getting multiplayer going, cause that's what most of us want, rite?
nope they should just ditch that toxic greifing troll shit called online multiplayer we have RDO and GTO to do that for us.

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"
My prediction is that this is the line that's going to be ridden off into the sunset with this game. They'll self-flagellate about the bugs while also citing the PC reviews to justify not addressing anything else. They'll drop the ability to change V's appearance after character creation and call it part of the free DLC, instead of being embarrassed that it wasn't in the game to begin with. Paid DLC expansion where you dick around in the desert and do something inconsequential while the game just ignores that you're supposed to be concerned about the time limit on V's life. Things like that, nothing exciting.

Overhaul is maybe a bit too far stretching. The foundations for the game are solid, we just need a bit more content for the good characters they've wrote, and resolutions to some of the outstanding quest chains.

I hope it's a unofficial-official fact that they're adding in cut content in the free DLCs. CDPR just don't want to say it because they're scared of the playerbase reaction and lawsuits.

We're not going to know until they announce what is in them after Feb. Patch#2 will be a good indication of the direction they want to take the game though. If it's just big-fixes I'd be worried, if it's mainly bug-fixes but with some silly issues resolved (cops) I will be much more hopeful.

In my opinion, the multiplayer stand in the back as long as CP2077 has regained its reputation.
Anything else makes little sense.
Who would buy it with the lack of confidence? It would not be another great financial success. The CEOs know that.

So I hope they will fix the bugs/glitches and add several gameplay improvements and later release two dignified DLCs.
DLCs that shows all doubters / angry people: they are back with all of their strengths, listened to the players... else R.I.P. CDPR :(

cdpr is already in A LOT of heat because of the lawsuits and pissed off fans so either they "fix" the game or risk becoming "another EA". it's quite that simple. if they choose the EA "route" then cyberpunk will be the LAST GAME i will EVER buy from them.
If they make annually what EA do of ultimate team alone im sure they wont mind just like EA dont and all those millions who keep buying there games

ya1

Forum regular
As for now, the official company statement is (paraphrasing) "we did a great damn job on PC, loud and proud, it's just the consoles we somewhat screwed up, sorx for that, we on it." So I guess no overhauls. Last chance for CP77 greatness is modding.

Who bloody knows.
CDPR is as Vague and Inconsistent with every Comment they make. Anything to do with the game, it's either silence or "We did a Great Job!!" and that's pretty much it.
I don't think they'll ever come out and Admit that they screwed up in anyway. If they do, it's just going to be them Playing Stupid with the whole "I don't Know What Went Wrong? Must be the QA Testers."
but time well tell as much as we Hate it cause really, We don't Know what their going to do. They have a "Road Map" but the thing is Vague with any Details what so ever.

I think their just going to keep going with this Game, as much as their Fan Base or anyone will Criticize them. Money spoke Louder and that means the Game is doing Well. The way the game is Attached with Last Gen Consoles, I don't think they can even bring half of the shit they wanted to put in the First Place. But I feel like a Few Years down the Line they might Overhaul the whole game. Specifically for the New Gens and Pc. Like Cyberpunk 2077 Directors Cut or some shit.
That or Save all those Ideas for a Sequel...or Prequel. idk.

Who knows, they might even surprise us and just Suddenly one day just announce that they Acknowledge that they messed up on CP2077 and Will Overhaul the Game but around 2022 when they at least Finish Patching the Current Version up. But that's just Wishful thinking I guess.

There is no benefit to put extra resources into an overhaul. With them rushing it out for xmas launch or lets say for the final days of the old gen consoles they really showed their hand what their priorities were. According to the bloomberg article posted recently the devs thought the game could and would not be done by 2022. They still rushed it. It was clearly a decision based on money and nothing else.

The game will not resell to justify development money spent on it rather than a new project. Like Witcher 4, which is probably another free money bag right around the corner.

Multiplayer on the other hand would be lucrative I suppose. It caters to a different kind of gamer and if they add in microtransactions and try to get some carbon copy of GTA working its a money machine.

Also they called the PC version something they are very proud of (and to an extend I agree, its a good foundation its just unfinished as hell). I do not see them fixing the underlying issues that exist outside of the plethora of bugs you encounter each day.

Fixing crashes is probably their biggest priority.

Crazy that 95% of the community want single player and there still going to push ahead with something only the minority want.

Only seen one Developer ever truly listen and change the direction of development based on community feedback and that was Warframe a F2P game that is still going strong...that shit started with 3 procedural generated maps...the gameplay alone kept that game alive in the early days.

If you can't enjoy the game as it is now, it's super unlikely that you will enjoy it even two years from now. They'll fix bugs and glitches, and probably will also fix AIs, however anything after that is still in the air. The core concept of the game will be the same, the story will likely stay as is with the exception of dlcs. Maybe you should ask yourself what would make you enjoy the game and reflect on how likely it is that they will add/fix it. But only you can answer that.

Honestly, it does need to be gutted and rebuilt especially from the main story standpoint. Those endings are the worse. The main story is the worse part of the game. There is little to no character development. Many times I felt like characters should not behave the way I perceived them and I believe it is because their character was not fully developed.

V just was not my character. I felt forced into so many situations with no way to back out or go a different route which is how an RPG should work.

So many stories were left unfinished. For example, the Peralezs. So we are just going to leave them being controlled but some puppetmaster even after Jefferson wins the election.

Why play the game again is my final critique??? The endings are all the same just a different way to end at the same result. The lifepaths are lacking and have no real meaning on ANYTHING in the game. They are almost lucky they released the game with all these bugs because people are more focused on that instead of the lack of RPG in this game. I will be real curious to see how people react after everything is fixed.

Its not the game engine that is in need of an overhaul, its the game missing so much content, items and stuff. The engine can support this game, and the city is amazingly built. But its missing sooo much that it could have.

Its like arriving to a huge luxury apartment in a prestigious location and have the apartment be entirely empty. You are forced to sit on the floor playing with your phone.

Nope. No overhaul. Just bug fixes and dlc.
2021-01-15_20_57_07-general-chat_-_Discord.png

They said the game is 9-10/10, got great reviews. It just needs a bit of patching. And then they will release DLCs. The long term plans - they didn't announce anything specific. Only apologies so far. I just hope the audiences won't let them sweep it under the rug and pretend like nothing happened.

I'm just waiting to see what kind of "updates" the will be introducing.

Top Bottom