So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
Ye but Gwent was supposed to be a multiplayer game with the intention of being something alike hearthstone no? Like an ongoing project that is played continiously with cash shops to support it etc. Cyberpunk is a single player game with no ingame cash shop where you get the money once on the initial purchase. They already got the money from the people who are interested in the game. An overhaul would just cost em money.
That's precisely why I'm not asking for them to actually do that, from a player's stand point, it would be the best way to handle things but ultimately, it would cost them more money that it would bring them and while I'm not a fan of always asking for more money, here, it's kinda easy to understand that it would probably harm the company more than it helps it.

I would also add to your point that the cost (in term of both money and ressources) of revamping Gwent as a whole is certainly not the same as doing the same with CP.

I mean... I could *maybe* see some kind of "Enhanced Edition" popping up down the road (just as it did with TW1, 2 and 3), which would overhaul some of the major game aspects.

But who knows. It's all in the air at this point. Especially with the never ending shitstorm with the press and so on.

I finished the main quest and rode off into the sunset with Panam - disappointed with the entire V / Johnny scenario and not inclined to replay because there is no reason to do so, the protagonist's fate is sealed, end of story!

The city is quite amazing, even the bits of the wastelands we can access are gorgeous, it is the story-line itself doesn't hold me.

Maybe the 'fixes' and DLC coming during this year will improve the play experience, maybe not. I play on PC, so may already have the 'finished' version :shrug:

this game is sitting on 7-8/10 on PC and mostly this is due to abysmal bad AI, tones of glitches and bugs.
Without this game is up to 8,5-9/10, the rest is the styles, character creation and UI and so one - but rather cosmetic things and so on.
The rest - story and quests will be addressed in the expansions.

So I’m not counting on the overhaul as it is where you change most of the game. Rather on the Enhanced Edition but this more like GOTY release with patches and dlc.

this game is sitting on 7-8/10 on PC and mostly this is due to abysmal bad AI, tones of glitches and bugs.
Without this game is up to 8,5-9/10, the rest is the styles, character creation and UI and so one - but rather cosmetic things and so on.
The rest - story and quests will be addressed in the expansions.

So I’m not counting on the overhaul as it is where you change most of the game. Rather on the Enhanced Edition but this more like GOTY release with patches and dlc.

For as good of a game as Cyberpunk is, I don't think it's game of the year quality. It's way to rough around the edges. There were many games that came out very complete and polished, and ran well on PC AND Consoles, and looked amazing. Unless every game just gets to call itself GOTY.

Maybe in 2021, if that's allowed once it's patched. Or they can call it: It's Done Now We Promise Edition.

No, they are apparently proud of what they delivered. LMAO.
You are jumping to conclusions too quickly. After patch 1 and 2 in the timeline there is "multiple updates and improvements". I'm expecting an Enhanced Edition like Witcher 1 and 2. At least the AI will be improved, maybe some new free quests will be nice.

My experience got cut short. At some point I just told myself, lets get it over with and finish the main story.

At first, I wanted to do a 100% run. But plenty of bugs, Panam questline bugging out making it impossible to finish it, crashes and more annoying things just made me say lets get it over with.

We will get bug fixes, but what hurts more is, that we most likely will never see all the amazing ideas the developers had for "Night City" because the suits had to "release" the game in a garbage state.

Instead of an epic experience in Night City, I felt like a pre alpha tester and now will never be able to get that "true experience".

@Title I think this is just another overreactions and its not as "broken" at least not in a way I care about as other make it out to be.

even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses I see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?
Maybe if they make PROPER 4 -5 hours movies it would be awesome..
I missed more attacks towards me.. like some group tries to get me or being hunted... not just only me to get someone done

Stop your assumptions and just look at the roadmap...
Cyberpunk will be in this alpha/beta state for the entirety of 2021.
If the leadership is as incompetent as they seem to be, they will ad multiplayer 2022/23 which will be a miscarriage.
End of story for cyberpunk.

You are jumping to conclusions too quickly. After patch 1 and 2 in the timeline there is "multiple updates and improvements". I'm expecting an Enhanced Edition like Witcher 1 and 2. At least the AI will be improved, maybe some new free quests will be nice.
They'll refine the non-existent AI slightly to be less prone to just crouching in fear for NPCs, but Adam Badowski just commented earlier today that the game received many 9/10 and 10/10 review scores and that they are proud of what they released on PC, and overall he doesn't think the launch was a disaster. So I wouldn't expect anything too major to happen.

They'll refine the non-existent AI slightly to be less prone to just crouching in fear for NPCs, but Adam Badowski just commented earlier today that the game received many 9/10 and 10/10 review scores and that they are proud of what they released on PC, and overall he doesn't think the launch was a disaster. So I wouldn't expect anything too major to happen.

Doesn't mean they will not work to make it better.

I answered this in another thread.

For them to do a massive overhaul, they'd have to another big public announcement. It would have to state their direction in which they are continuing the perfection of the game. Don't quote me because it's just a prediction. But for them to fix everything and add all the features we were promised would take a lot of time. To make it perfect, I'm predicting it would take them a year. So in ways, I'm agreeing with the 2022 release date that was mentioned by developers. The big concern with that; is whether or not the fan base would still be interested after that long of a wait. It's a big risk. I'd assume that CDPR would probably keep us up to date on their progress every month. Closed beta programs would probably be the best way to test everything on console.

Outside of clipping and crashes; what needs to be fixed? Night City was presented to the gaming community as a metropolis with districts of night and day. You have the poor, the middle class, the rich and the super rich. "Looks are everything in Night City". But how much of that played a role in the game? Same goes for the amount of cash you collected. Outside of purchasing Cyberware; did your wealth play a major role in the campaign and side missions? Much of that was passive. For looks and money to play a role in social interaction; this would probably take tones of work with the NPC system. Could PC's handle it; "YES". Could consoles handle it; "POSSIBLY". In the old style of gaming; where different environments had load screens; I'd say this would be easy. But then it wouldn't be a seamless open world game in the year of 2021?

Is the Cyberpunk 2077 community willing to hold on, if CDPR were to pull off this major overhaul?

My bet is something in terms of:

0. Obligatory Bug-Fixes
1. Free skins for existing characters or weapons
2. Quality of life changes (Hairdresser, Tattoo-Shops, Transmog-Clothing-System, Mini-Games, etc.), maybe more cars and apartments to buy that might even be customizable
3. More side-quests and maybe more missions and activities with romance option, friends, etc.
4. Story DLC (hopefully including V)

In my opinion (whether I would like it or not) a overhaul seems highly impobable.

I really dislike how they still say that the pc version is "good" I might be being a bit too harsh but i'm over companies dodging questions and use that "corpo" response.
sorry to say this
but the PC version is actualy good
the grafic is good
the animations look realy good (because of motioncapturing)
facial expression looks awesome and belivable
the skin complexion is awsome
i like the 1st person gameplay (iam so happy its not just another 3rd person crap)
i love the City details
i love the german vocalisation

there are still some minor bugs..
and it could be a lot harder on very hard

Top Bottom