So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?
I can answer the question right now: no.
It's not going to be fixed because of the legal repercusions. Only the bugs and crashes will be fixed.
CDPR will say that this game is how it is supposed to be and the AI, police system and all that besides the bugs glitches and crashes is how it is supposed to be. If they would say otherwise it would be like pledging guilty in this situation - like saying that the game needed more time and was not done by the time it was released.

Don't set yourself for dissapointment. It's better not to have big expectations - especially now, after the game release and Adam Badowski's tweet.

IMG_20201225_131328.png

This is basically what is missing.

The entire game is going to remain a big flop..but a polished flop.
As for me as consumer, i'll be sure will buy their game only on discount and second hand :)

If you don'y count adding back the missing features as improvements, what would you consider then? Really curious now.
I hope they add new quests. improve the AI (enemy, police, pedestrians), add in game character customization, maybe also car customization and add "water effects".

We just need to be patient and we shall find out exactly what "improvements and optimization" after patch 1/2 in the roadmap Marcin presented are. I believe in one of the investor call they commented something about AI, but I do not remeber what was exactly.

I hope they add new quests. improve the AI (enemy, police, pedestrians), add in game character customization, maybe also car customization and add "water effects".

We just need to be patient and we shall find out exactly what "improvements and optimization" after patch 1/2 in the roadmap Marcin presented are. I believe in one of the investor call they commented something about AI, but I do not remeber what was exactly.
That's the thing tho, those are exactly the missing features he so promptly dismissed, it's what I and many others have been so disappointed with with this release. Everything, minus the water effects, that you mentioned are exactly what were shown in the trailers and alluded to in Night City Wire and interviews, it's what many have been vocal and it's what he quickly dismissed by saying "It's part of the process to cut content".

even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

So does anybody know if many of the game's systems and mechanics are getting overhauled?
I hope and think they should, both when it comes to their players, but also for the IP itself.

Looking at the game now and especially end game, V becomes of monster, whether that is you 1 shotting stuff through walls or using quick hacks, unable to die or what other crazy builds people have made that basically ruins combat. Then an expansion will suffer from this as well, unless they introduce some new ways for enemies to defend against it. Simply giving them more health and increased damage is not going to solve it. Because some of the damage you can deal is very high like 100000 headshots through walls or quick hacks that simply kills a person regardless of health.

To me at least, that is not really a combat system you can expand on, because where do you go from here? You already turned the player into a God at this point. What new cool or useful abilities is required, when you already have the most OPed ones in the game already?

Surely they will expand on the story, whether that is with a new character or something and simply dropping V I don't know, but I given the amount of vastly different endings in the game, it seems fairly difficult to bring them all into a single story that would fit all the endings.

Should they choose to just focus on a new character and V will just be left behind, then I would at least feel that the endings are even worse than they already are, because we never figured out what happened to V in the end.

So at least for me, depending on what these expansions are about obviously, they seem to face some serious issues, not only story wise, but also just from the perspective of the game mechanics. And personally I don't think I would enjoy an expansion a lot, going into it being a God and just one shotting everything, it got boring in the end of my playthrough already, so another 20-30 hours of this, depending on how long an expansion take, is not going to hold my attention for very long.

Looking at Multiplayer, again depending on how this is going to work, I also don't think that tech, smart and quick hacks are going to be fun gameplay here, if people can just shoot each other through walls or behind cover. Multiplayer might obviously not be PVP at all, we know basically nothing at the moment. But even as a Coop game, having two god's running around rather than one, I doubt will make the game any funnier, its already fairly easy even on very hard.

That's the thing tho, those are exactly the missing features he so promptly dismissed, it's what I and many others have been so disappointed with with this release. Everything, minus the water effects, that you mentioned are exactly what were shown in the trailers and alluded to in Night City Wire and interviews, it's what many have been vocal and it's what he quickly dismissed by saying "It's part of the process to cut content".
That's your interpretation. I suspect Badowsky was referring to aspects that are changed, like:
1) how hacking works --> in 2018 demo was wired only, now it works wireless
2) character creation --> in 2018 demo we had backgrounds, now we have life paths
Maybe other things, I remember these 2.

I don't think he was referring to AI or world ineracitity that are so dear to many fans in this forum. I may be wrong, time will tell.

In case of expansions...
Do you guys think that they would be available on old gen consoles?
I really hope that they won't.

In case of expansions...
Do you guys think that they would be available on PS4?
I really hope that they won't.
It depends, if they find a solution for making them run on it that is acceptable for the players, sure go ahead. Remember that GTA 5 is capable of running on a PS4 as far as I know, and I would consider that of equal or maybe even more complex than CP is.

That's your interpretation. I suspect Badowsky was referring to aspects that are changed, like:
1) how hacking works --> in 2018 demo was wired only, now it works wireless
2) character creation --> in 2018 demo we had backgrounds, now we have life paths
Maybe other things, I remember these 2.

I don't think he was referring to AI or world ineracitity that are so dear to many fans in this forum. I may be wrong, time will tell.
Sure but then that's on him for leaving such broad interpretation of what he means by missing content when everything mentioned was bundled together. Honestly I lost hope for the future of this game but if they turn around and surprise me then that's that, I'm actually a bit glad some are still holding on even tho with this recent interview I just dropped it, because if it works and they pull through, then this won't discourage people to make more Cyberpunk games in the future.

It depends, if they find a solution for making them run on it that is acceptable for the players, sure go ahead. Remember that GTA 5 is capable of running on a PS4 as far as I know, and I would consider that of equal or maybe even more complex than CP is.
GTA 5 was also running pretty good on PS3 - just saying. :rolleyes:

I kinda thought the same However, CP2077 was first developed for PC and todays high-end PCs are like ten times better than the PS4. GTA V on the other hand was originally developed for Xbox 360 and then got updates for the upcoming platforms, which made it easy to be transferred.

even if the bugs, glitches and optimization issues get fixed. Cyberpunk 2077 at least for me would still be shallow experience that i just cant enjoy. A Lot of people are saying they need to pull a no mans sky. Which we hope that happens, but if hello games just polished nms then it would still be a mediocore game, just a polished one. They added in so much content and overhauled pretty much the entire game to point where the difference was night and day, better yet it was all FREE and wasn't pushed into a sequel to charge money for. Now in recent times people have nothing but positive things to say about that game. Though we will never forget the way it launched

The only public responses i see are just along the lines of "we will fix bugs and crashes and add free dlc then big paid expansions"

You can give players heaps to do in a game but if it isn't fun to do or gets old fast they ain't going to want to stick around

To address the OP.

The AI might be improved and probably will be but the storyline will be unchanged.

The thing is, the bugs are SO AWFUL that it actually IS a massive overhaul.

None of us know whether they will add lots of content and features and we all hope so, but it seems unreasonable to expect from Adam or any other person in CDPR to state "we gave you an early access game, sorry". Especially when lawyers are out for them. The most realistic position to take for them would be to say that the game is complete and great already, and all the additional content are going to make it even greater. So I don't blame him for refusing the "cut content" accusations, because admitting that would be suicide for the company.

They'll refine the non-existent AI slightly to be less prone to just crouching in fear for NPCs, but Adam Badowski just commented earlier today that the game received many 9/10 and 10/10 review scores and that they are proud of what they released on PC, and overall he doesn't think the launch was a disaster. So I wouldn't expect anything too major to happen.

No way would I rate the PC version higher than 7/10. Too many things missing/unpolished. Im not even counting the bugs.

I kinda thought the same However, CP2077 was first developed for PC and todays high-end PCs are like ten times better than the PS4. GTA V on the other hand was originally developed for Xbox 360 and then got updates for the upcoming platforms, which made it easy to be transferred.

GTA 5 has a surprisingly low framerate while driving through Los Santos on my One X. I would say that it doesn't feel any better than the 360 version. CP 1.06 runs way smoother in this regard. But CP's problems is not rooted in performance.

Honestly, sounds like a lot of people want it to completely fail. I for one am optimistic about this games future. I quite enjoy playing it, 200+ hours so far. I have not encountered many bugs or glitches. That being said the AI definitely needs a rework, along with the wanted system and fully implement a 3rd person actor. It has been just over 6 weeks since launch, and yes, they did bite off more than they could chew with last gen consoles. This should have been scrapped and focused on the latest gen and PC. I know that is a sore point with some cause they don't have the latest gen console or PC but that is why you save money, so you can buy new things. I believe they will rework core systems but it will take some time. Bug and crash fixers first. Again I have only had one CTD in the hours I have played.

Top Bottom