So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have made it this weekend. I could take the downgrade, I already expected it, with today's industry practices. I could take the "promises" because Peter Molyneux (as much as I love his charming series) had done it, and so had Todd Howard, and many others, it's no surprise to me. But this is too much. Allowing them to stream? Giving them a forum for it?

You're rewarding the poor practices of a few people, and punishing the loyal customers as a result, regardless of all the contracts. Well, whatever, I'm going to be playing something else to bide my time, but remember who got screwed here, and remember that they've been your fans since the first game. Also remember that they're the same people who've been defending you loyally.

If a customer gets a phone call and tells them the game is ready for pick up or they see it on sale while shopping they are NOT disloyal!!! They are just as loyal as any other customer they are not the ones breaking a contract. The store is.

You shouting in the middle of the room stamping your feet at your mother (aka CDPR) doesn't actually make your mother to blame. You stomping your feat at mom and claiming you have been good so she should just give it to you doesn't actually change the facts. You don't DESERVE the game any sooner than may 19 @1am CET. Your wants don't make it so, your "loyalty" doesn't entitle you to the game any sooner just because other people have gotten the game. You are not as special as you think you are.

If a customer gets a phone call and tells them the game is ready for pick up or they see it on sale while shopping they are NOT disloyal!!! They are just as loyal as any other customer they are not the ones breaking a contract. The store is.

You shouting in the middle of the room stamping your feet at your mother (aka CDPR) doesn't actually make your mother to blame. You stomping your feat at mom and claiming you have been good so she should just give it to you doesn't actually change the facts. You don't DESERVE the game any sooner than may 19 @1am CET. Your wants don't make it so, your "loyalty" doesn't entitle you to the game any sooner just because other people have gotten the game. You are not as special as you think you are.

You should try to be less abrasive if you are trying to convince someone that they are wrong. Just a tip that you'll learn sooner or later.

I agree this is sad. all retailers who sold copys before release violated contracts so lawsuits should be started and streaming / uploading videos should not be allowed before release. players who already got the copys should be allowed to play, but not share.
I don't really care at all because anyway i can only play on 21th evening because of exams, but those who already have their holidays for release date and preordered ages ago could feel bad.

Breaking a contract is totally legal. If you sign a contract to work for a company for let's say 2 years, you can still leave early. Contrast is NOT law. Neither is company policy.

I think your missing the point, whats pissing everyone off isn't that they aren't releasing it early.
Its that they are effectively slapping everyone in the face by allowing the people who did get it early to stream, effectively endorsing them AND not doing anything for their most avid supporters.

Bla bla bla more jante law.

Gonna add my $5, already the walkthroughs are happening on youtube and it's addictive. The main quest is being shown and streamed and by this rate I will have had the whole quest spoiled without even playing it. Release the game early for the love of god

It's is the only logical solution. Those who ordered it like I have in past with certain games can easily buy it digitally. That is what the industry is going to, get used to it. I think at this point all game stores should just release it for all console gamers. It's basically happened in Europe the states and else where should follow suit.

Oh so its a FRAK you to anyone who didn't buy the game digitally. So what makes you so special that you get to say FRAK you to all the people who wanted a physical game? They bought the game in good faith why should they be punished? Oh right its because YOU get teh game and that is all that matters.

Oh I am use to it unlike YOU I don't think that just because i bought the game on GOG.com that entitles me to say frak you to people who wanted a physical game. You are so selfish that you think the only people who would disagree with you are people who wouldn't get the game. Sorry I'm but i disagree with you because I am not a prick towards my fellow gamers. I'd rather then kept the release date to be FAIR then use a few retailers violating the street date as an excuse to get the game early while screwing over other people who can't get the game until the release date.

Then I'll pay them back and cancel my bloody pre-order, since you want to be their lapdog and can't see the reason why we're angry. I don't care any more, tired of getting screwed over by the industry because they have to appease to their goddamn console masters.

Not like it'll matter, they'll get all the bloody sales they want thanks to their DUDEBRO army they've catered to, I'm just pissed because I've been pushing for the game, trying to get people interested, people who haven't heard of the game, but I'm tired of being kicked in the dirt, especially by a company I've given nothing but praise to the past 7 (almost 8 ) years.

They chose to let them stream, they gave them the day 1 patch, they didn't give me or anyone else from their crowd jack shit. Bye bye pre-order, bye bye expansion pass.

Oh so its a FRAK you to anyone who didn't buy the game digitally. So what makes you so special that you get to say FRAK you to all the people who wanted a physical game? They bought the game in good faith why should they be punished? Oh right its because YOU get teh game and that is all that matters.

Oh I am use to it unlike YOU I don't think that just because i bought the game on GOG.com that entitles me to say frak you to people who wanted a physical game. You are so selfish that you think the only people who would disagree with you are people who wouldn't get the game. Sorry I'm but i disagree with you because I am not a prick towards my fellow gamers. I'd rather then kept the release date to be FAIR then use a few retailers violating the street date as an excuse to get the game early while screwing over other people who can't get the game until the release date.

And there you go again, man, someone give this guy Moderator status! I'm rooting for you senpai~

Gonna add my $5, already the walkthroughs are happening on youtube and it's addictive. The main quest is being shown and streamed and by this rate I will have had the whole quest spoiled without even playing it. Release the game early for the love of god

Why is that CDPR problem? You chose to watch you chose to partake of the spoilers. how the frak is it CDPR problem that you have no self control?

It's pointless arguing with you as long as you still keep saying that it's only few retailers who broke the street date.

I agree, But they won't, Much better to endorse ruining the game for people than to simply release the game so everyone is equal. You know the most logical thing, But i guess f*** me right? Cause i gave them 60 dollars ahead of time?

Yeah sure seems like it.

More than 1 million pre-orders, right? If people were really concerned about the game being available before the scheduled date, we would have hundreds of thousands of people complaining. I only see just a few here and there.

C'mon! Stay away from the internets then! Problem solved! You won't get spoiled.... that's all.. Early release is not going to happen. Reasons are clear.

More than 1 million pre-orders, right? If people were really concerned about the game being available before the scheduled date, we would have hundreds of thousands of people complaining. I only see just a few here and there.

Flawless logic. I don't see it them arguing against it either...

God luck to those that got it early, but the YouTube MAIN QUEST walkthroughs, I am so hyped I can't stop watching them, and subbing channels to get the next fix. To maintain the integrity of the game and fans, CDPR should consider bringing the release date forward, at least Tomorrow or Sunday. By Tuesday it's going to be spoiled.

I can see their reasoning for allowing streams and making a board.

More and more stores (Spain, Germany and others) are breaking the street date, meaning more and more people will be streaming. Trying to police all the streams is a huge drain on resources better spent on the proper delivery of patch 0 on Tuesday, for instance.. As for the spoiler board, a lot of the customers who got their hands on the game are unaware of any illegitimacy to their early possession of the game. Before these customers can (accidentally) post spoilers on the main board, a separate board was made, clearly stating (spoilers).

To me, CDPR's approach seems more like resource management/damage control than endorsement. That said, it f'ing sucks that this happened and I wonder what could have been done to prevent the game from releasing early. These last 3 days won't feel any shorter after this fiasco.

Last edited:
C'mon! Stay away from the internets then! Problem solved! You won't get spoiled.... that's all.. Early release is not going to happen. Reasons are clear.

B..but I can't help myself Jeeers, stay away from the internet???? you mad bro.

Why did I just see a Witcher 3 tv spot on german tv with "game is available now" at the end? (xbox one version) So I guess the release day for consoles is officially the 15th now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom