So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can certainly understand CDPR has a set way they want the game to release and have planned things out to fit that timeline. But on the other hand I can also empithise with the people who see the broken street release date coupled with incessant streaming very annoying and unfair. I myself have preordered digital on my Xbox One and have seen quite a few people streaming on the XB1 alone already. While I'm sure waiting a few more days won't kill me an early release would be much appreciated for this whole mess of a release.

Retailers breaking the street date isn't CD Projeckt's fault - and I'm sure their sales staff is trying to get those few retailers to hold off till the 19th.

And it's not reasonable to expect CD Project to release it early on GOG and Steam to be "fair" to the digital orders as the company might be still working on the Day 1 patch for PC. They'll be having their own internal schedule for the patch and other PC related stuff based on the 19th as a release date, and it's not at all reasonable for us to expect them to drop that schedule. And let's not forget that the guys working there are people - the posts here asking for an early release on digital are basically asking the CD Project staff to scramble and pull all nighters just to release it a day or two early. I work in an industry where deadlines are important and it can be incredibly frustrating and stressful to the working staff when a deadline that's been decided on is suddenly brought ahead by a few days. CD Projekt has been hard at work on this for the last 3 years - let's give them the time that they have already committed to.

But it IS their fault. They could have easily prevented this if they had anticipated this happening (and they ALWAYS happen), and released digital few days earlier.

Many of us here have been waiting for three years, 3 more days can be handled. (I know it's tough and easy to write but trust me the waiting part adds to the fun)
Try reading a good book while waiting? You have The Witcher books too if you're out of ideas :)

OK, so I just had to delete a post because, while it made some good points, it did so in a manner that is really, REALLY not OK on these forums. If the person concerned wishes to repost in a different manner, please do so.

Many of us here have been waiting for three years, 3 more days can be handled. (I know it's tough and easy to write but trust me the waiting part adds to the fun)
Try reading a good book while waiting? You have The Witcher books too if you're out of ideas :)

I agree, but still think this release was a tad sloppy.

Retailers violating a release date is one thing, CDPR can´t control that and since they chose their DRM policy the way they did, things like that have to be expected. But allowing people to stream the game prior to the official release whoever got a hand to such a copy, they are basically saying "hey, it´s ok to break our rules, we don´t give a flying f..ck" Really i don´t know what kind of business sense that makes in the long run.

I hope that I will be able to buy the game as a full version later on in the stores without having to download an unlock patch. I also hope they crack down on the stores that broke the release date agreement and that they face legal consequences. And finally I feel they should not have allowed streams of the game officially until the release date, though I can understand that it probably was easier for them. I hope this doesn't result in people cancelling their preorder or switching to consoles.

Retailers violating a release date is one thing, CDPR can´t control that and since they chose their DRM policy the way they did, things like that have to be expected. But allowing people to stream the game prior to the official release whoever got a hand to such a copy, they are basically saying "hey, it´s ok to break our rules, we don´t give a flying f..ck" Really i don´t know what kind of business sense that makes in the long run.
Once the genie is out of the bottle, there's very little you can do. Youtube for example can take upto a week to process DMCA take down request from content creators.

Last edited:

I see it as more that there's too many instances of broken street dates so too many people trying to stream now than they can handle moderating, so they just gave up trying to.

In case you aren't being sarcastic, release patch isn't really DRM. In case you were, yeah why not slap it on consoles too?

I was being sarcastic :)

Because blame the first retailers? OK, so they succumbed to temptation.
Blame the later retailers? Yes, they did wrong, but they'd also have been considering the high probability of losing sales because someone else was selling it. Human nature pretty much dictates that a lot will cave in and start selling it.
Blame CDPR? They'd have had contracts in place, through the distributors and from there to the retailers, that said "Thou shalt not sell before the launch date". Those same contracts will be preventing them from telling GOG to go ahead, because they'll be two-way. It'll also be preventing the major retailers like Amazon from selling, because they actually care about breaking contracts.

So what else could CDPR have done? The only thing I can think of is something on the disks. They did on PC, I don't know why they didn't on the consoles, maybe because the mechanism for a forced activation that wasn't DRM isn't there, maybe because it would screw up the resale market, I really don't know.

But if anyone is asking why it's such a problem this time, when it hasn't been for other games, then my answer would still be DRM.

I have a quite different argumentation than most people here right now and I pointed it out before but let me explain again why it is fair to release the game early and why it's unfair how it is right now:
1. There are three different paths of buying the game: digital, physical PS4 and XboxOne and physical PC. It is totally fair that all digital people can't play but it is not fair that a part of the physical crowd can play and some don't(PC).
Life isn't fair, get over it. It is not CDPR's responsibility to make life fair for you. They didn't do anything wrong the street date was broken by a third party.

2. You are not saying FU to people who have to wait for shipment. The choice of going digital, physical and buy it personally or getting it shipped was their decision. They wouldn't get it any earlier anways this way AND most of them will get the game on Monday, the latest!
Yeah i know you aren't saying FU because YOU get to play. No I get it. I mean when you switch it around YOU chose to get the game digital it was YOUR decision to buy the game in a media that can't have an accidental street date broken. You should have KNOWN and pre-orded the game where the street date could be broken, Oh wait i am screwing this up again. You are the injured party so You should get the game because its all about YOU. You know you aren't being screwed because you will get the game Tuesday at the latest and if you are in NA you will get it Monday. Oh wait your argument is only valid for those OTHER people because you wont get the game using your logic on yourself. Silly me.
3. Indeed you are saying FU to any PC Youtuber or streamer that gets a huge disadvantage over console streamers
Such a huge disadvantage because no one will ever watch their favourite you tuber do a "lets play" it they are not the first. And its just a magical coincidence that you get the game now instead of having to wait with this argument.
4. I'm not angry on those recent retailers breaking the street date neither on CDPR. I'm angry on the retailers that already sold the game last saturday, monday, tuesday and that CDPR is officially allowing streams of that.

Yay they couldn't stop it because their published policy on streaming is that a customer can stream any of their games. A customer who buys the game isn't under an embargo like a reviewer. They had no legal standing to stop a customer doing a non commercial stream from streaming their game when they gave consent already. But yeah lets blame CDPR and try and strong arm them to give YOU the game early because as we established its only important if YOU get the game those other people that wont get the game with an early release its their fault for buying the game and having it shipped to them. Bad customers.
5. Don't you think it is strange that the digital preorder crowd gets fucked while they are the people giving money to CDPR straight away? Some even years before release date? And now we're sitting here and can't play...

No I don't think it is strange because digital customer are NOT being fucked. I don't recall you being promised that no one would ever get the game before you. All you were promised and all anyone who bought the game digitally were promised was that we could download the game at 1am CET on May 19th. And guess what You CAN isn't that great! Dammit! I keep forgetting its not okay if You don't get the game.

Coming to my first point, the logical thing to do would be to allow all versions of the game to start playing as of now or let me go in store and pick up the PC version, please. Which also seems very unfair that this copy is not as physical as the console copy. :mad:

Sorry no the logical thing to do is to keep to the street date because most gamers don't have the game and you don't make things more fair by allowing more people to get an unfair advantage over others. The world doesn't revolve around you and your desires.

Yeah it is SOOO unfair how do we PC gamers survive with not as physical a copy of the game? The best part of your unreasonableness is that you actually stated you are not mad at the retailers for breaking the street date but mad at CDPR for not punishing consumers who bought their product in good faith. Yeah you are such a reasonable individual I mean who doesn't love it when a person gets angry at the dog when they see the cat pissing on the carpet.

Last edited:
Once the genie is out of the bottle, there's very little you can do. Youtube for example can take upto a week to process DMCA take down request from content creators.

And the content creators haven't really done anything wrong. They're not pirates, they bought the game legitimately.

I'm doing well so far to not see or read any spoilers. It's really not that hard you know. I am not looking into anything witcher 3 because I will get to play very soon anyway. Why would I want to know more?

The best part of your unreasonableness is that you actually stated you are not mad at the retailers for breaking the street date but mad at CDPR for not punishing consumers who bought their product in good faith

You see, it's not about punishing others - it about punishing people who bought "DRM" copy of the game. Because in fact with the release last week (not really official, but...) we are punished.

Suck it up. Some people were luckier than others. A tiny, tiny percentage, if that makes you feel better.

The rest of us wait for the date that the people who created this product have chosen. Their date, their call. If the next Star Wars movie gets shown early, as the Avengers just did, are you then going to demand everyone should be able to see it? Good luck with that.

This thread is non constructive and starting to get obstreperous. Whatever needed to be said has been said. Farewell, thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom