So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
not before there are 50000 + people complaining at once her =P i guess also i dont think the game press is realy interested in people that demand the game to get pre released because the street date where broken .. never heard of a game that got pre released because of that , therefor it will not happent her ether =P
This things are like the Games that release early, everybody will know soon or after, and yes, if my competitor on game shop has already released the Witcher 3( Look at that crowd on the gate) I will do also, and here is what is happening right now.

And all the same will be given to CDPROJECTK for not doing anything, (I am not saying to punish the stores, but releasing on all forms to minimize the damage)

When the leak first happened we worked hard on YouTube, Twitch and more to keep spoilers away from the public eye. However, with the press embargo lifting on Tuesday this week (meaning lots of non-embargo breaking videos being uploaded & shared) as well as, unfortunately, many stores breaking the street date, we chose to allow streaming & videos.

If you don't want to see streaming or videos, don't watch them till you get your copy.

This things are like the Games that release early, everybody will know soon or after, and yes, if my competitor on game shop has already released the Witcher 3( Look at that crowd on the gate) I will do also, and here is what is happening right now

well that is different if everyone keeps breaking the release date .. what i am saying i am pretty sure Cd Projekt Red wil becouse of that unlock witcher 3 befor release on gog and steam. yes retailer give a shit but it is still not offical early released .. and thats what people wanna hade done " give us the game now " =) i just try to point out that this ist most likely not gonna happen =)

When the leak first happened we worked hard on YouTube, Twitch and more to keep spoilers away from the public eye. However, with the press embargo lifting on Tuesday this week (meaning lots of non-embargo breaking videos being uploaded & shared) as well as, unfortunately, many stores breaking the street date, we chose to allow streaming & videos.

If you don't want to see streaming or videos, don't watch them till you get your copy.

You're basically showing the finger to all digital preorder people out there! Especialy and above all others to the PC crowd, since they can't run into a store and start playing.

By allowing streams and non official videos you indirectly calling this a good step. The fact that you guys released the PS4 day1 patch almost a week earlier just makes this even more clear.

My god...that old argument again...
I'm not a console fanboy. I'm a PC gamer through and through and I'm familiar enough with piracy to tell you there's a very good reason scene groups ask for people to provide them with games before the release date and why developers try to avoid giving them the possibility to crack stuff before release by obfuscating certain data or not even providing it until after the release date. It's the same reason important game files are encrypted on your hard drive by steam (or even missing) right up to the unlock moment. It's why some people illegally download pre-load steam versions before release and wait for the crack and decryption key so they can play it illegally ASAP. It may be an uncomfortable truth but it's the truth. You can't stop piracy, DRM is a stupid thing and I commend CDPR for not encouraging it for the most part but I don't fault them for avoiding pre-release piracy.

It's facts and logic:
-I'm not saying there's no piracy on console, that's a bogus argument proven wrong time and time again, but the newest console generation (the only consoles the game releases on) doesn't have a piracy problem yet (like I said PS4 protection has been recently bypassed by people in Brazil) therefor there's 0 reason for devs to limit these versions as of now, that might change.
-PCs don't have this "limitation", therefor it's logical to try to avoid this issue because a leak on PC means piracy.pre-release and that's always bad news.

If it was to deal with piracy, the game wouldn't be DRM free to begin with. It's just an anti-leak measure, has nothing at all to do with piracy.

Remember that security drm on the pc retail version only applies to pre-release copies. every copy made after the release date wont have that measure and will work from the discs right from the start without ever needing to go online.
The amount of leaks on latest gen consoles is limited by the amount of leaked copies. Leaks on PC isn't. It's limited by how many people download the game, doesn't matter from where or how, legal or illegal.

Look at it this way, you wouldn't have said anything if consoles had the same pre-release limitation, you wouldn't have complained about pre-release DRM at all. The thing that annoys you isn't the DRM, it's the fact that you don't get to play it early.

Last edited:

You are just trowhing away all of PC and Digital preorders...

Guest 3753371

I have my fork and torch ready. Oh, it's not Ubisoft or EA... well, let's tell stories at the bonfire then, eh? About in-game footage from 2013 for example.

Lolwut? This forum section was created so we can talk about TW3 even before release without filling up the other sections of the forum. It's this way for organization purposes and it makes sense.

Wow genius. How can i not think about that before...

Sarcasm off... They forbid broadcast on twitch, so they can do it here. Having that section open before 19th is like an insult to the loyal CDPR fan who bought this on GOG.

Don't you think it is strange that the digital preorder crowd gets fucked while they are the people giving money to CDPR straight away? Some even years before release date?

Dear CDPR, you guys have always said that everything you do - you are doing for the players. But what is happening now - is directed against law-abiding users.

We honestly pre-ordered your game and waiting for release. But now we are forced to avoid any gaming and entertainment websites. Because spoilers absolutely everywhere now. I have already accidentally saw a few. And then you decide to exacerbate the situation even more and allow to stream the game? I have no words.

Currently, the best thing you can do - is to announce the early release of the game. Your goal will move only for 3 days, it's not much. But for your fans - it's very much considering that spoilers now on every corner.

Just be loyal to the people who believe in you. I hope for your understanding and apologize for my bad English.

Last edited:
Why not release day 1 patch on PC when it was for consoles ?
becouse they actully still testing it and working ith it i would guess i can see some activity on the steam db for witcher 3 =P https://steamdb.info/app/292030/history/ .and becouse they still try to keep the offical release date and that is the 19 of may =P . well its time to blame marketing for this mess, they created all this hype, and becouse of that what now has happent has happent =P

Wow genius. How can i not think about that before...

Sarcasm off... They forbid broadcast on twitch, so they can do it here. Having that section open before 19th is like an insult to the loyal CDPR fan who bought this on GOG.
Oh, you're referring to the bug report section I assume. It's there so they don't have to set up those new sections at the last second before the game officially releases. Do you leave everything for the last second (school or work projects and assignments)? I doubt it. Stop being so mad about the most trivial thing. It doesn't make any sense.

Dear CDPR, you guys have always said that everything you do - you are doing for the players. But what is happening now - is directed against law-abiding users.

We honestly pre-ordered your game and waiting for release. But now we are forced to avoid any gaming and entertainment websites. Because spoilers absolutely everywhere now. I have already accidentally saw a few. And then you decide to exacerbate the situation even more and allow to stream the game? I have no words.

Currently, the best thing you can do - is to announce the early release of the game. Your goal will move only for 3 days, it's not much. But for your fans - it's very much considering that spoilers now on every corner.

Just be loyal to the people who believe in you. I hope for your understanding and apologize for my bad English.

Hope this reaches the DEVS HQ, that is well written, altrough I am not a Vet here, I know the feeling when one of my Fav Flight simulator was no the game they said, and the Forum was banning everyone, the casual will give you 60 Dollars, we will give you tons of new customers, because the words have no price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom