So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear CDPR, you guys have always said that everything you do - you are doing for the players. But what is happening now - is directed against law-abiding users.

We honestly pre-ordered your game and waiting for release. But now we are forced to avoid any gaming and entertainment websites. Because spoilers absolutely everywhere now. I have already accidentally saw a few. And then you decide to exacerbate the situation even more and allow to stream the game? I have no words.

Currently, the best thing you can do - is to announce the early release of the game. Your goal will move only for 3 days, it's not much. But for your fans - it's very much considering that spoilers now on every corner.

Just be loyal to the people who believe in you. I hope for your understanding and apologize for my bad English.

Couldn't have said it better!

becouse they actully still testing it and working ith it i would guess i can see some activity on the steam db for witcher 3 =P https://steamdb.info/app/292030/history/ .and becouse they still try to keep the offical release date and that is the 19 of may =P . well its time to blame marketing for this mess, they created all this hype, and becouse of that what now has happent has happent =P
Sorry but they can do that while the game is open , we will apprecieate they care of their fans

Don't you think it is strange that the digital preorder crowd gets fucked while they are the people giving money to CDPR straight away? Some even years before release date?

How exactly are we getting fed? We are getting it on the day it was scheduled to release. Just because some few stores decided to break the contract and release early doesn't mean every store should. A small percentage of players get to play it early... so what?

Dear CDPR, you guys have always said that everything you do - you are doing for the players. But what is happening now - is directed against law-abiding users.

We honestly pre-ordered your game and waiting for release. But now we are forced to avoid any gaming and entertainment websites. Because spoilers absolutely everywhere now. I have already accidentally saw a few. And then you decide to exacerbate the situation even more and allow to stream the game? I have no words.

Currently, the best thing you can do - is to announce the early release of the game. Your goal will move only for 3 days, it's not much. But for your fans - it's very much considering that spoilers now on every corner.

Just be loyal to the people who believe in you. I hope for your understanding and apologize for my bad English.

Law-abiding? What are you talking about. No laws are being broken. The people getting the game early are paying the same $$$ you are (actually more since they aren't getting a 20% discount). I also don't know how you accidentally come across spoilers anyway. Nothing has changed about my browsing habits and I havent seen a single one... its very easy to just not watch the videos and streams that are out there. I can't even think of how you accidentally see spoilers on Twitch or youtube without explicitly clicking on the link to the video.

How exactly are we getting fed? We are getting it on the day it was scheduled to release. Just because some few stores decided to break the contract and release early doesn't mean every store should. A small percentage of players get to play it early... so what?

Small percentage? Look at twitch and you'll see dozens of people streaming, from dozens of different countries. The retailers are already selling this game AT LEAST on these countries : UAE, India, France, Germany, UK, Brazil and Saudi Arabia.

I've waited 4 years for this game, and I can wait 3 more days.

I have to add that I feel like you are blaming the incompetence and unprofessionalism of some of the retailers on CDPR and you are crucifying the wrong side here. CDPR clearly stated that the release date is May 19th, but some of the retailers took advantage of CDPR's trust as business partners. CDPR did not encourage them to do so, and there was no way that they could have predicted or stopped it.

Don't blame CDPR , blame the retailers.

Also if CDPR breaks their own word and releases the game early, then it means that they do not have respect for their own word and release date and for the retailers that are doing the right thing here.

I'm not a console fanboy. I'm a PC gamer through and through and I'm familiar enough with piracy to tell you there's a very good reason scene groups ask for people to provide them with games before the release date and why developers try to avoid giving them the possibility to crack stuff before release by obfuscating certain data or not even providing it until after the release date. It's the same reason important game files are encrypted on your hard drive by steam (or even missing) right up to the unlock moment. It's why some people illegally download pre-load steam versions before release and wait for the crack and decryption key so they can play it illegally ASAP. It may be an uncomfortable truth but it's the truth. You can't stop piracy, DRM is a stupid thing and I commend CDPR for not encouraging it for the most part but I don't fault them for avoiding pre-release piracy.

It's facts and logic:
-I'm not saying there's no piracy on console, that's a bogus argument proven wrong time and time again, but the newest console generation (the only consoles the game releases on) doesn't have a piracy problem yet (like I said PS4 protection has been recently bypassed by people in Brazil) therefor there's 0 reason for devs to limit these versions as of now, that might change.
-PCs don't have this "limitation", therefor it's logical to try to avoid this issue because a leak on PC means piracy.pre-release and that's always bad news.

The amount of leaks on latest gen consoles is limited by the amount of leaked copies. Leaks on PC isn't. It's limited by how many people download the game, doesn't matter from where or how, legal or illegal.

Look at it this way, you wouldn't have said anything if consoles had the same pre-release limitation, you wouldn't have complained about pre-release DRM at all. The thing that annoys you isn't the DRM, it's the fact that you don't get to play it early.
You got everything right there about me except for the final point.

It's not so much that I don't get to play early, but that other people are and the ending of the game will be spoiled and all over the internet before the game officially launches. That's a problem imo. And it's all because the console retail copies didn't have the same limitations the PC ones got.

I think people here are overestimating the number of people that are getting the game early.

It's just 3 days until launch, I know everyone here would want to play the game early, but I bet the world won't end while we wait a few days longer.
or you are underestimating the number .. It's not the fact, that we have to wait a couple of days which is getting us in a bad mood ( for me ). It's the fact that now spoilers are around every corner.
I bet the world won't end if we don't have to wait a few days longer ...

I think people here are overestimating the number of people that are getting the game early.

It's just 3 days until launch, I know everyone here would want to play the game early, but I bet the world won't end while we wait a few days longer.

I don't think I'm overestimating, there are a lot of people streaming for a lot of different countries. CDPR already released day1 patch to consoles, why not unlock PC version?

Oh, you're referring to the bug report section I assume. It's there so they don't have to set up those new sections at the last second before the game officially releases. Do you leave everything for the last second (school or work projects and assignments)? I doubt it. Stop being so mad about the most trivial thing. It doesn't make any sense.

No. It's the Story section (main quest etc). So mad? no, i'm just writing my complaints, like the rest of the thread

I've waited 4 years for this game, and I can wait 3 more days.

I have to add that I feel like you are blaming the incompetence and unprofessionalism of some of the retailers on CDPR and you are crucifying the wrong side here. CDPR clearly stated that the release date is May 19th, but some of the retailers took advantage of CDPR's trust as business partners. CDPR did not encourage them to do so, and there was no way that they could have predicted or stopped it.

Don't blame CDPR , blame the retailers.

Also if CDPR breaks their own word and releases the game early, then it means that they do not have respect for their own word and release date and for the retailers that are doing the right thing here.
well said =)

The console version doesnt require downloading key files from the servers like the pc version does?

For people here, I don't think it is as much about the numbers as the principle. People who bought directly from GOG and Steam feel cheated it seems, and I do a bit as well.

Is this because big chains just decided to release it 3-4 days before?

I'm starting to wonder if this was a bone thrown to big chain stores who could not get exclusive in game bonuses to give to their customers.

Does CDPR release patch for consoles early because they want to appease Microsoft and Sony?

You got everything right there about me except for the final point.

It's not so much that I don't get to play early, but that other people are and the ending of the game will be spoiled and all over the internet before the game officially launches. That's a problem imo. And it's all because the console retail copies didn't have the same limitations the PC ones got.
Maybe it's a matter of browsing habits but I haven't seen any spoilers yet. If you browse only this forum (moderators are doing a stellar job at getting rid of spoilers, I should know, I got a warning last year from Dragonbird for even mentioning a very minor one XD) or forums where you know people are sensible and not post spoilers then you're fine. My advice is don't read YT comments or comments in review articles and what not. Try doing something else, personally I'm enjoying some top tier Dota 2 right now with The Summit 3 :)

or you are underestimating the number .. It's not the fact, that we have to wait a couple of days which is getting us in a bad mood ( for me ). It's the fact that now spoilers are around every corner.
I bet the world won't end if we don't have to wait a few days longer ...

Then I suggest you stray away from gaming forums, streams and youtube videos. This has been an issue for just about every game released for a long time now, Witcher 3 is not a special case.

I don't think I'm overestimating, there are a lot of people streaming for a lot of different countries. CDPR already released day1 patch to consoles, why not unlock PC version?

Just because a few stores broke the street date doesn't mean the game should be released early. As for why consoles have the day1 patch already - patches need to go through certification on consoles, so might as well release it if it's readily available. On PC they don't have this restriction, they might very well be working on PC version patch up until the 18th.

So how many copies have sold CDPR? Because the pre-orders are more than 1000000 of copies... and how many copies in the world right now are being played? 500000? 10000000? so you are telling that CDPR have sold more than 20000000 of copies, then?

Oh! Wait.... really?

Hysterical reaction facing the final countdown?

Last edited:
So if you just get a message from your store that your ps4 version is ready to pick up,

i won't. I haven't preordered, rarely ever go to the game store or buy games in general. Also, lot of us have other real life things to do before diving in anyway. The point being, waiting is really nothing to fuss about when we're just literary talking about a few days gap here folks. Not weeks.
Watching people stream/videos is completely on your own discretion and A LOT of footage have already been released anyway.
What I mainly find hilarious in this thread are some of these strong emotions especially coming from people who would undoubtedly get the superior version no matter what (aka PC). That's just fucking hilarious imo.

Small percentage? Look at twitch and you'll see dozens of people streaming, from dozens of different countries. The retailers are already selling this game AT LEAST on these countries : UAE, India, France, Germany, UK, Brazil and Saudi Arabia.

Console sales are the smaller percentage of sales worldwide let alone for just some part of the world. So small percent? yes... Majority of those pre-ordered are not playing it yet... PC getting it early can not play yet... I agree it isn't ideal but it isn't hurting you either... Asking about them releasing it early is one thing, commenting that you are being fed is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom