So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the Graphics comparison thread and tell me console parity isn't a thing 2048x2048, that's worse than TW2. Look at the promises of pirouettes, enhanced monster hunting (with the slowdown on striking specific parts), the delays we had to wait for already, controls that are clearly bad port-tier from consoles (hold the same button for jumping to roll? Are you kidding me?), and now this.

There is nothing but shafting for the PC community.

Tell me, why does one side have to get screwed over to appease others? It's been a long time coming, but CDPR isn't the company it used to be, probably because they got bought by big money (hello Microsoft, hello stock market ownership).

So many lies, so much deception, and just another spit in the face of it's original customers. I have two copies of TW2, not to mention gifted my friends copies of the original and the 2nd game. I've lost faith in them for plenty of other reasons, but tried to keep cool, even defended them on other forums, promoted them constantly, convinced friends to upgrade their computers for this game. For me this is the last straw, shows me that the PC community doesn't matter to them at all.

Yep we PC gamers are so hard done by how do we manage to get up each morning?

It is so terrible that games in development change. All those times the developers said "subject to change" and "it is our intent" or "We want.." and we gamers took that to mean "this is what is going in no matter what! this is out 100% guarantee." Its so the developers fault that PC gamers are the only consumers that see a prototype and think hey that's what the factory version will be. I mean look at all the car shows that show a prototype car and how different they are to the actual model to get build and all the torches and pitch forks that surround their building because of the "LIES!" oh wait...

Unreasonable expectation syndrome is what you suffer from, you can either seek treatment or you can live life in a constant state of disappointment.

Well that's some fuckery.
:facepalm:

Even if you couldn't or didn't plan to bother with streamers who are playing right now, it was not fair to openly allow them to keep streaming. You just walked all over people who do not have the game yet.

And PS4 day one patch available for download while there are console copies leaked everywhere. Did Sony do that? I know Sony is slow, but couldn't you stop it because... the same reason I mentioned above?
:facepalm:

Yeah!!! I paid it one year ago! Why I have to wait till 19th May this year?
It's outrageous, preposturous, a big slap in the face from the only company that loves users, i will cancel all my pre- and post- orders, my gog account, steam, facebook and windows accounts, sell my pc, laptop, console, tablet and smartphone and enjoy the real life outside my home ...

Gosh people - just enjoy this weekend with your family and friends and from tuesday on connect yourself to the matrix ... errr ... to the witcher 3....

Last edited:
Unreasonable expectation syndrome is what you suffer from, you can either seek treatment or you can live life in a constant state of disappointment.

Nah, just expected more honesty from CDPR. I can tell you right now, I love stirring up drama with speeches like this, but I'm just tired of being lied to by companies. If you can look me in the eyes and tell me the visual fidelity of the game is up to par with what a modern PC can perform with vs being reduced to fit the console crowd, then fine. I'm not the one lying to myself.

Before when CDPR were taking down videos and banning users from posting it was understandable, a few stores broke release and CDPR was not accepting of this, now however people are allowed to stream and upload video's to Youtube?

Am I the only one who thinks this is CDPR giving in to those who have the game early, and the stores which gave it to them?
Yes it's all well and good saying CDPR set a release date and they gotta stick to it, can't release the game early.... but it seems to me they are now okay with users having the game and stores selling it early? I mean idk about these things but it just seems wrong to me.

Nah, just expected more honesty from CDPR. I can tell you right now, I love stirring up drama with speeches like this, but I'm just tired of being lied to by companies. If you can look me in the eyes and tell me the visual fidelity of the game is up to par with what a modern PC can perform with vs being reduced to fit the console crowd, then fine. I'm not the one lying to myself.

err WTF? 99.99% of games ever made are not made up to the standards you set for CDPR. There are some exception they are known as benchmark games. You are cheated and lied to because the witcher 3 isn't a benchmark game?

I can't believe you are still a CDPR customer I mean how dare they build a game that an average PC user can use oh wait they didn't... You need an above average system but not a bleeding edge system.. Wow you live in your own "special" world. The lies CDPR told you are incredible how do you soldier through? i am so glad CDPR never lied to me. But then i know what "in development" means and I never expected this game to be a benchmark game. I am so glad I have reasonable expectations.

Last edited:

Everyone in here take one, if you are upset that CDPR "lied" to you, take two...

or you people could be happy that some lucky people get to play it now, its only a game, if only some of you eager people actually spent their time reading the books instead of complaining the world would be a better place. Yes I would like to play it today, but that doesnt mean I take it out of the amazing devs. I certainly dont begrudge any lucky sod who IS playing it.

Everyone in here take one, if you are upset that CDPR "lied" to you, take two...

Man, if i'm not mistaken, this is some seriously heavy pill (1/4kg). I'd rather not take two of those right before going to bed, since I want two be alive at may 19th. :unsure:

err WTF? 99.99% of games ever made are not made up to the standards you set for CDPR. There are some exception they are known as benchmark games. You are cheated and lied to because the witcher 3 isn't a benchmark game?

I can't believe you are still a CDPR customer I mean how dare they build a game that an average PC user can use oh wait they didn't... You need an above average system but not a bleeding edge system.. Wow you live in your own "special" world. The lies CDPR told you are incredible how do you soldier through. i am so glad CDPR never lied to me. But then i know what "in development" means and I never expected this game to be a benchmark game. I am so glad I have reasonable expectations.

Now now, no need to be sarcastic. It's not like the VGX trailer was "in-game footage"

or that the draw distance has showcased a notable decline (or, even asset reduction, *GASP*) , https://imgur.com/a/K3uFC (With admitted cherry-pickings, IMO)

or that "We'd be able to achieve the same graphics quality as the 2013 SoD and 2014 VGX trailers".

They set it up themselves, which is why people got upset. I'm just surprised that they let so much slide, if they talked about things to people, people would've been fine.

I won't cancel my pre-order, because I keep my promises, and well, I do appreciate the effort CDPR put over the past 3 years.

I even know that with a little colour correction/saturation reduction, the game looks very close to what's been expected (2014 quest gameplay footage, with the tree spirit), but the assets have definitely suffered a degrade in quality (and lighting has not hit the par as the same demo footage on the foliage, specifically grass). The pirouettes promised are not present, replaced with the same ugly roll from the Witcher 2, and the blood in the water, and smoke particles have been decimated, and the draw distance+distant assets are a far cry from what we came to expect.

There is also the issue of the controls being suboptimal for PC (keybinding overall will solve it, but the Jump+Roll in one button reminds me of Monster Hunter, smells of consolization):

What I have issues with is the lack of coming clean. After all it's one thing to hide and wait for someone else to expose you, and another thing to tell the people straight up, basically any trust I have in the company has been broken (as it has been for many others, notably those who are in the midst of the Min/Max thread). Put all that on top of the streaming/early patch release fiasco, and you should see a clearer picture into why a lot of others in the community felt shafted.

All they had to do was apologize if the fidelity couldn't be reached, or show proof that the same fidelity can be reached, and people would've been fine, hell, I wouldn't have wasted your time with empty threats and melodrama on the level of a tele-novella.

Last edited:
I noticed there are a bunch of youtubers posting walkthroughs, I am not sure whats going on in here but is the game unofficially released now?

If so, why is mine locked on steam? Is it a console early release? Can I run out and get the game for my ps4?

Yeah kinda sad to see CDPR that way. After the most resent days "downgrading" graphics as well as controls for consoles.
Locking PC versions behind time locked DRM while releasing the Console patch early and the physical copys without any lock.
As well as being silent about all this claiming we never said anything like that is just sad.

Seems like the last "great" PC developer sold out to consoles just like EA

oh please, maybe all that would be warranted after the 19th but none of that is based on fact. If you think CDPR are the enemy and horrible I would hate to see what you think of other game developers. stop trying to think of them flawless angels so every problem is huger than it is. They are still a company trying to make money and stay afloat. Idealism and morals in the world can only take one so far and for so long. The industry changes you cant just expect CDPR not change with it, they are still head and shoulders above everyone else.

They should, I am tired of all this beating around the bush by the dev's AND the consumers. If they release the game, Will some backlash occur by rabid idiots? Maybe, But at least the launch nerves will be over, We can make better comparisons, They can tweak the game easier and everyone wins.

Just to put these arguments to rest. I mainly just want the game so i can see how good it looks and see if the framerate is stable, Just to put my mind at ease more than anything else. I am sure the game will be good, It's the technical problems that worry me potentially.

why should they apologise for merely optimising their game. dont you want the game to be capable of running on the day you get it? I know I do. Yes they promised something in 2014 and by 2015 it is POSSIBLY (the game isnt out yet) less good but the way you gamers are reacting is beyond stupid, why do you think they made the changes? do you think they all sat around and though "you know what this game is looking too good lets make it looks worse because <reasons>", please, its not like they personally want it to be less impressive. So this whole "they should apologise thing is just lame"

As for the controls even as a lifetime PC gamer I always welcome using less keys for gaming, maybe the jump/roll on the same key could work really well and its not like CDPR arent PC gaming devs with a long history of making well respected PC games... having them on the same key might work really well. Once again a gamer just yelling at clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom