so many lock effects...

+
so many lock effects...

the game will get extremely boring; half the cards will become unplayable when they can be rendered useless by a mere shackle... lock should be a very limited resource, to be used at max once in a match... if anyone can have 2-3 locks in their decks (especially a lock which affects gold units as a bronze card) the game will just become a matter of "you can't do anything")

Locks work both ways, so it should even out. I am not sure how the meta will change with the introduction of more locking abilities. Radovid and Ithlinne are going to be nasty, though.

locks are low tempo plays if you think about d-schackles + they don't counter etb cards or cards that get effects outside of the board, like spotter. I think it's fine.

4RM3D;n8137300 said:
Locks work both ways, so it should even out.

then it will become the whole mardroeme situation of pre-NG patch, where everyone would play mardroeme to nullify the opponent's mardroeme... and the whole thing just becomes redundant.

i also fail to see the point of shackles having a lock effect... the nerf to triss/roche/iroveth was supposed to make gold units more reliable, and now your gold units can be completely nullified by one bronze card... logic.

RickMelethron Well there are two "issues" with the new patch. The increased locking and decreased counters to gold. Those issues meet halfway in the shape of D-shackles.

On paper things look pretty... meh. I am not really a fan of the changes. But we'll have to wait and see how the meta handles it. Before the Nilfgaard patch, everyone thought NG would be too overpowered. But in practice it wasn't that bad.

you should check out what happens in the ptr, a lot of locks seem dead in a lot of match-ups... I didn't see many people running more than 1 or 2 from the streams I checked... at the beginning of the patch we'll probably see a lot, but later on not so much

JoachimDeWett;n8137450 said:
you should check out what happens in the ptr, a lot of locks seem dead in a lot of match-ups... I didn't see many people running more than 1 or 2 from the streams I checked... at the beginning of the patch we'll probably see a lot, but later on not so much

because streams on the first days of PTR is a reliable assessment of the future meta...

4RM3D;n8137430 said:
But we'll have to wait and see how the meta handles it. Before the Nilfgaard patch, everyone thought NG would be too overpowered. But in practice it wasn't that bad.

anyway, i decided to take a break from gwent for a couple of months due to IRL stuff, but we'll see how things turn out. hope it's for the best..

Well i think Joachim is right. Shackles are not looking very impressive maybe cleaver will be played more often but i doubt that we will see a lot of shackles.

There's just not a lot of targets that need to be locked, Nekkers/Axemen/Cow Carcass/Villen/Mork/Roach are the best targets
for Locking but even then it's not necessary.

Cleaver will be staple but i doubt more than 1 shackles will see play, at the end of the day it's a tech card that does nothing on worst case, which isn't quite enough to justify it. Unless the meta shape in a certain way we won't see that many d-shackles

DMaster2;n8139820 said:
Cleaver will be staple but i doubt more than 1 shackles will see play, at the end of the day it's a tech card that does nothing on worst case, which isn't quite enough to justify it. Unless the meta shape in a certain way we won't see that many d-shackles
Because all players will avoid to use cards, which are easily countered by one Card, so you dont need as many locking cards as well.

the fact that shackles demotes as well is kind of a nerf, it gives you a chance to replay / revive the card later and remove the lock, decoy might be a better answer to lock than another lock... So I don't know, auckes and cleaver will probably be staple even though they don't demote because they have a body, but shackles I'm not so sure. Let's wait and see until the neta unfolds

Top Bottom