So many NR Inspire Zeal in Rank mode

+
I just tried Rank today and 8 of 11 are NR Inspire Zeal. No matter how hard I try to play I always lose 2-0 or 2-1 at the best (SK Geddy). mostly are 2-0. I also try non-rank and again, NR Inspire Zeal are the majority of the deck out there.

2-1 is fine for me since I want to collect RP with the daily bonus while climbing the ladder seems almost impossible for my skill. But facing only Inspire Zeal in both rank and non-rank again and again is very boring. This makes me annoyed and later on I just concede until I pair again something that does not inspire zeal. In the end I have to spend more time than I plan.

Question,
Anyone know which deck that NR Inspire Zeal disadvantages the most? I will try to win some games.

What exactly, as there are several archetypes - Stripes swarm, mix mages , mix siege, and I`ve seen return of Kerack frigates siege recently.

It`s really boring to face the same decks, I get it, matchmaking simply lacks proper delisting, but that`s another cup of tea.

To face NR you do either very heavy control, or potent swarm. SK, NG, also ST no-unit with control does the job.

Prepare yourself, Alumni wasn't touched, SK got nerfed, Assimilate kind of got nerfed, Firesworn doesn't have much control. I guess Alumni is T0 now and will dominate even more then before. I have a little hope for MO because they move stuff around, but despite what is seems, Alumni doesn't really care about the row locks on the students, you don't use the order anyway.

Welcome to "Gwent, the netdeck card game". :giggle:
Your best tactic is... to not play ranked games. If you want to enjoy the game, try other modes, e.g. AI training mode. :love:

Part of me wants to tell you these two greedy decks deserve each other, assuming you are talking about alumni, one of the most toxic decks in the entire game.

Some people will try and tell you just play a hyper control deck, and while you do have a chance, reality is you will be spending massive amounts of provision just to remove their 4 provision cards, pretty much always trading down, because if they get high enough patience you instantly just lose the game. If they get high enough patiene R1 you might as well forfeit and save time, not just casuals but top players will tell you the same thing.

If you aim to tech against them you are looking for any 4+ removals, locks, graveyard banishment, row control is useless since they still gain patience on the other row (this 100% SHOULD be nerfed). The first card I would highly recommend is Xavier, he can banish the students in their GY and snipe their AA, Muzzle is good too since they will not be able to ress the student. If you really want to go all in on teching against them, since you are playing SK, put Arnachad in the deck, he is literally their worst nightmare, but he's expensive and won't be providing as much value against a lot of other decks.

Either way this is one of the most OP decks in the game, possibly the most OP of all, whether you win or lose, just don't GG them imo.

SY Off the Books with Freakshow, Whoreson Junior, Professor, Moreelse, Philippa, Kurt and poison should do the trick. I almost always succeed at taking out all of the mages and then Alumni don't get their Zeal.

SY Off the Books with Freakshow, Whoreson Junior, Professor, Moreelse, Philippa, Kurt and poison should do the trick. I almost always succeed at taking out all of the mages and then Alumni don't get their Zeal.
Yes, certainly a tough matchup of Alumni. Bounty version also works well.

There are 2 type of NR Inspire Zeal - one is Alumni and another one is Siege Engine Crew (no mage)
Are there any decks which good match up against these both NR ?

I'm thinking about try to use MO Madoc to fight against those NR Alumni and/or Siege Engine.

Honestly the reason why is it’s the strongest NR ability by far. There are so many good order cards, and even Stockpile which ought to be the best ability for a siege deck is just completely underpowered. It’s effect requires good set up to see any real value out of it and the swarming has anti synergy in a deck that swarms with engines and already has Kerack Frigate. Shieldwall is okay I guess and is an alternative to some extent and is good in a shield deck, but Pincer Maneuver is only ran if you need consistency. It’s useless otherwise, just like Royal inspiration. At least Uprising has pointslam potential. And Mobilization only works in certain decks that want to have another copy of a unit. IZ is just the best general ability

Top Bottom