So much for an "immersive" RPG.

+
the whole point of this game is to show you HOW POINTLESS fame and money could be when you know you will die.... imagine you will die in few months... are you really spending what's left of your time chasing to have more money? better cars? be more famous????
The problem is that it would be ok for V to die at one of the various gigs out there but instead the death is already sure and we gig around till it happens. Perhaps it would have worked better if the consequences the relic forces on V would not be so clear right from the beginning but being discovered with the progress of the story.

Done the Streetkid...
Done the Corpo...
Currently doing the Nomad...

So much for this being an "immersive" RPG where your origins and decisions influence the outcome of the game/story.
Except for the intro and a handful of background specific dialogue options, the story is exactly the same, no matter what you do in the game.

Yeah, this is definitely a big letdown. Let's hope they will maybe add something into it at some point ?
I would like also to see some more unique sidequests, unique clothes, cars, guns, skills etc.

the whole point of this game is to show you HOW POINTLESS fame and money could be when you know you will die.... imagine you will die in few months... are you really spending what's left of your time chasing to have more money? better cars? be more famous????
If I was a Corpo. And I got Rogue's money and afterlife resources. I'd be buying up the collapsing Arasaka company from under them. I would get my revenge on them. All while trying to save my ass. Didn't get that choice in the ending. Money IS important to V's position. Because of the way the story left outs to save V. Imagine pulling Kerry and Afterlife V's money. That is a hopeful ending. I'm working within the box the story gives me. That is what fans wanted. Better choices that reflect the characters background. It's not pointless. Can V still fail? Of course, there's a time limit.

Last edited:
If I was a Corpo. And I got Rogue's money and afterlife resources. I'd be buying up the collapsing Arasaka company from under them. I would get my revenge on them. All while trying to save my ass. Didn't get that choice in the ending. Money IS important to V's position. Because of the way the story left outs to save V. Imagine pulling Kerry and Afterlife V's money. That is a hopeful ending.
Arasaka industries is a world wide megacorporation. I don't know what you mean about collapsing, we are only dealing with one office at the Night City to begin with.

And you buy all that with money you gather from one night club?

Last edited:
Arasaka industries is a world wide megacorporation. I don't know what you mean about collapsing, we are only dealing with one office at the Night City to begin with.

And you buy all that with money gather from one night club?
You question this. But V surviving the raid on the building is okay? Especially with the secret ending. V has the Relic data. Start involving other companies to take over Arasaka. Show them the secret. Your goal is to save your ass. Not destroy the Relic tec. Not to be a altruistic hero. You are Corpo. The peralzie's contact you in the ending. Weather they are brainwashed or not. Use them to your advantage. Make the mayor breath down Arasaka. Everyone loves using V. Use everyone back.

Last edited:
You question this. But V surviving the raid on the building is okay? Especially with the secret ending. V has the Relic data. Start involving other companies to take over Arasaka. Show them the secret. Your goal is to save your ass. Not destroy the Relic tec. Not to be a altruistic hero. You are Corpo.
I don't see how this is relevant to my question.

Other companies would take over Arasaka if they could, relic is irrelevant. They have to limit their methods due the whole corp war being so devastating in the past.

We even had this scenario covered in game. Militech or other companies don't matter as they don't have know how. Then, they got relic, why the heck they would care what happens to V?

I living my life with a chronic disease.
I know exactly how pointless money and fame is.

One of the greatest clasic RPGs of all time - Baldur's Gate. One quest - one ending.

RPG has absolutely nothing to do with that element. Half of the clasic tabletop RPG games a dungeon crawlers where you just have to loot the dungeon and get out alive. Branching path storylines is a feature that can be included on an RPG, or ANY game for that matter. In terms on where you affect the world state as whole, is way more prominent or Strategy games than RPGs really.
Baldur's Gate was 1998, games have improved a heck of a lot in that 23 years. Every time a game does something better than previous generations, then the bar is raised. Games following better at least do as well if not go beyond what previous games have done, if nothing else at least come close. Otherwise they've not done the job well and might as well have not done it at all.

The immersiveness is the world. Although I understand your dissapointment, I think you're slightly mass effected here. (oh and not judging, mind you, i'm still crying.. but I learned to manage my expectations)

First off, it's not an RPG. I wish people would get that through their heads, they changed that about a year ago when they discovered they couldn't deliver. People though are still stuck on that aspect.

That said, I've been rather critical of the game, and I will agree that the immersion part of the game is seriously lacking. That's the issue. It's not that it's an RPG or not an RPG, it's that the immersion is rather lacking. Just as you begin to truly immerse yourself in an aspect of the game, or a character, or a place, it's cut short and you're forced to move on. I mean take Panam for example. arguably the most developed secondary character in the game (I argue that Johnny is primary character alongside V). Just as you really get in with Panam, and become friends with her, everything comes full stop, and you might as well ignore her for the rest of the game.

Same with the Peralez's and their storylines and so many other storylines. Goro just disappears.

First off, it's not an RPG. I wish people would get that through their heads, they changed that about a year ago when they discovered they couldn't deliver. People though are still stuck on that aspect.

That said, I've been rather critical of the game, and I will agree that the immersion part of the game is seriously lacking. That's the issue. It's not that it's an RPG or not an RPG, it's that the immersion is rather lacking. Just as you begin to truly immerse yourself in an aspect of the game, or a character, or a place, it's cut short and you're forced to move on. I mean take Panam for example. arguably the most developed secondary character in the game (I argue that Johnny is primary character alongside V). Just as you really get in with Panam, and become friends with her, everything comes full stop, and you might as well ignore her for the rest of the game.

Same with the Peralez's and their storylines and so many other storylines. Goro just disappears.
So it's not an RPG and it can't be compared to GTA either, can it be considered a videogame or is that too much also?

So it's not an RPG and it can't be compared to GTA either, can it be considered a videogame or is that too much also?

When did I say it can't be compared to GTA? It's just that a year or so ago CDPR changed it from an RPG to a first-person action-adventure game. So trying to say whether or not it's an "immersive RPG" is fundamentally flawed when CDPR says it's not an RPG anymore and hasn't said that for about a year.

It's one of the reasons it sucks as an RPG, because it's not one.

I had a lot of beliefs in this game before launch too. So many of them didn't pan out I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah i know. I was waiting for CP2077 since first teaser trailer - one month after release i'am playing Witcher 3. Again.
That says it all.

Top Bottom