So much negativity around Homecoming on gog.com

+
Link: https://www.gog.com/game/gwent_the_witcher_card_game.
Reviews for the last couple of days are overwhelmingly negative, and I personally don't think that HC deserves that much of a hit. If there's anybody loving the game in its current implementation, it would be great for you to leave your 5 cents of feedback as well, because potential players might be driven away from the game because of such a hiatus.

I'm not saying the game is perfect and I'm not a CDPR-fanboy (though I posted the similar thread in Russian and on reddit), it's just the feeling of unfairness that upsets me.

EDIT: I'M NOT ASKING FOR FAKE SUPPORT OF ANY KIND! Please understand it. The point is that there are people being silently satisfied with the game, and there are people raging about what the game has become. And it's always the same that the latter group is more vocal and willing to spill out bitter words. Can't blame them, and have no intention to, but I'm asking people positive about the game to let others know that they're positive. That there are people having fun.

At least I do :) So I wrote a review on the game. And judging by the ladder, I'm not the only one having fun there.

Last edited:
Someone said it's the best card game they played in their life. Dmaster or Arch possibly?

P.S. I'm kidding. So please don't take offense :).

Thankfully now, the devs might actually pay this some attention. You cannot say this is the "vocal minority" on the forum anymore, reviews on the official platform for the game are much more visible - and hurtful.

Honestly though, I don't even know what they can do at this point. I doubt I will ever play the Gwent I love again, but with CDPR nothing is impossible. So I still have some hope.

I understand People hate The New gwent, but give it 1 star without a proper review writing why is bad annoys me. This game is a solid 3 star

I understand People hate The New gwent, but give it 1 star without a proper review writing why is bad annoys me. This game is a solid 3 star

Just like multiple people giving it 5 stars and saying it's the best card game they've ever played, and/or repeating some rehearsed marketing text and not giving their actual feedback. I've worked in marketing enough to know a fake review when I see one.

I gave it one star, true. But at least I truthfully listed my reasons.

I doubt very much that such "praise" will do much. Every game, whether be on Steam or GOG is in the same situation. CDPR knows that and will interpret the comments accordingly. In addition they have hard numbers, like number of players absolute, change in numbers from "old" Gwent to "HC" Gwent, kegs bought with real money, etc. That's probably much more indicative of how the game is doing. And if people really really like a game the will give positive reviews as well (just look at some of the successful games at Steam). If those positive reviews are not there then it is a fair indication that all is not well. And if those negative reviews have common themes then CDPR definitely should (and most likely will) analyze that.
Quite honestly: It's just business as usual.

I understand People hate The New gwent, but give it 1 star without a prosper review writing why is bad annoys me. This game is a solid 3 star

Yeah, I'm quite critical on Homecoming, but I still think that the game is better than its direct competitors' product (HS, Artifck).

When you take an italian restaurant and you start to have spanish dishes served to the customers, people might get upset. Even if the spanish food is good. I mean, we are all creature of habit! Plus if I ordered pizza and you give me anything else I might get upset. :p

Well I gave it 5 Stars; truly deserved for my joy of playing this masterpiece. hopefully many more players like me will appreciate the quality of this milestone of the gaming industry. cudos to cdpr!
live long and prosper...

Honestly the game itself is not that bad but on its current state, the best decks (RNGveal, big monsters, skellige (cran damage/discard and stupid beastmaster, decks still playing tons of artifacts) are awful to play against.
This game has bad reviews because today 80% of time their is no skill involve its more do you have the good counter? (anti artfacts/removals/grave removal) if yes you win if no you lose.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks to OP for pointing GOG reviews, i'll make sure to add mine, writing how much of a stepback this HC was for Gwent.

And i encourage both sides to do the same - those who like and dislike the changes. With their honest opinions. Maybe then CDPR will have enough feedback that really represents the reception HC Gwent got, and can act accordingly.

@-Arkane I don't like to be put in comparison with the dorfs from that clip... like, I am not rebelling against new faction but to the change of the game core as a whole.

... but I like the CDPR dragon in the gif under. ^__^

@-Arkane I don't like to be put in comparison with the dorfs from that clip... like, I am not rebelling against new faction but to the change of the game core as a whole.

... but I like the CDPR dragon in the gif under. ^__^

Likewise my friend, just wanted to highlight [in humour] Geralt's view on ''If multiple say your talking bollocks, well you probably are.''In reference to GOG reviews towards HC. Should've cut it @12:30 but I'm lazy to clip it.

Top Bottom