So much negativity around Homecoming on gog.com

+
Just pointing it out to check general attitude towards the statement and encouraging to give gwent a second chance.
Well, in this case i dont understand, why someone, if streamer or not, who dislikes Homcecoming first and now likes the changes (which are still two different things) is a explanation for these 100 new reviews, which jumped in 2 days. I mean ven the negative one didnt show up in two days, they just piled up about weeks.

What is bothering me? That you don't like Homecoming (Gwent is dead/Gwent is sadness signature) and you are still here writing that "this is beyond the words" just because players who like Homecoming found out that there is review on GOG and can give a positive review. You are worried because of this hilarious reason. Looks like you can't stand that some players can have fun in current Gwent and you don't :unsure:.

1) Yes, some people get upset that they've spent their time supporting a game they loved - only for the company to decide they wanted to make a game for someone else. It actually hurts. Sorry if you don't like it, sorry if you think everyone should be like you. What I want is to have those great moments again, I want to again be in love with Gwent. But as it stands, that cannot be. Those times are gone forever. Eventually I'll get over it. Everyone else will probably get over it too. Like the elves of Middle Earth, we will go into the West and leave the world to you. It is your time now.

(but in the mean time we get to be horrible about it - and unless you can give us back moments of our lives, direct your frustration elsewhere)

2) What happened on GOG these past days was review bombing. Everyone who has worked in promo/marketing knows what that is. Lol yeah right @ "players just wanted to go express their love for the game". All at the same time? What a coincidence that they all found out at the same time that there's reviews on GOG.

3) For those upset that negative reviews are gonna repel new players. You are in some degree of truth correct. Maybe these fake new reviews are going to bring more new players to the table. But they sure as hell are not going to make them stay.
If you're worried that you're going to be stuck with no one left to play with, worry about the devs making the game better. Not about its core fans who were dropped by the wayside without so much as a "thank you for your support over the years".

At least gog revievs showed us that theres freedom vs duty. So comparing to Star Wars we know who's the bad ones :giggle:

1) Yes, some people get upset that they've spent their time supporting a game they loved - only for the company to decide they wanted to make a game for someone else. It actually hurts. Sorry if you don't like it, sorry if you think everyone should be like you. What I want is to have those great moments again, I want to again be in love with Gwent. But as it stands, that cannot be. Those times are gone forever. Eventually I'll get over it. Everyone else will probably get over it too. Like the elves of Middle Earth, we will go into the West and leave the world to you. It is your time now.

Then good luck in wasting your time I guess :unsure:. But I recommend just playing game if you like it atleast a bit or finding new hobby or focusing on your other hobbies if you don't like Homecoming and you can't enjoy it (or just wait for future patches like a normal human being). Maybe your target and other players who don't like Homecoming is to discourage other players. Seems like it would be accurate.

What fake reviews? Players who like Gwent and didn't know about reviews on GOG gave a review in last days. What is fake in that? Your logic is just ooof.

It's fake because it's shilling. Writing "best game ever!!1!!11!!" and giving it 5 stars sure doesn't feel like a real review. You know there's an issue when the majority of 1 star reviews are actually informative. That's majority, not all.

Can't say I'm a fan of either extreme. Giving it 1 star just screms "let's take the rating down". I know it's a cry for attention but I doubt CDPR will take notice. They've been doing their own thing since closed beta.

I just asked a question
From about 10 December 2018 to 9 January 2019 (30 days) on gog.com about 70 reviews on Homecoming were expressed, many negative
From 10 January to 11 January (less than 2 days) more than 100 reviews were expressed, almost all positive ...
Has something changed?
What did I miss?
and I was given an answer.
thank you
What fake reviews? Players who like Gwent and didn't know about reviews on GOG gave a review in last days. What is fake in that? Your logic is just ooof.
Many like you support this method. It's very wrong, when the reviews are induced, it's always a bad thing.
Have you ever thought that you could also do the inverse. Induce to negative reviews for those who consider bad Homecoming, would you like to? I do not think so, because this is wrong.

I didn't give review on GOG btw. so nice accusation you got there.

I don't see anything wrong in what those dudes did.

Some players on reddit didn't know that there is possibility to give review for Gwent on GOG - > someone pointed out that there is possibility to do this - > people who like and dislike Gwent from reddit now know that there is this possibility.

If it is constructive and honest review (positive and negative) then it is great. If it is "I love Gwento 5 stars/ I hate Gwento 1 star" then it is bad.

It would be if CDPR pays them to do it but I think that they are doing it because the reasons I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Can't help but laugh at most of those reviews.

"It's not beta gwent uueeeehhhh"

Someone said it's the best card game they played in their life. Dmaster or Arch possibly?

P.S. I'm kidding. So please don't take offense :).
And it's a problem how exactly?
Post automatically merged:

How don't you get it? Hate reviews are 100% genuine, if there is an even slight positive review it's 100% made up or even funded by CDPR.

That's your average hater right there.

Real quick, can someone fill me in on why the game is getting so much stick? I havent actually managed to find a consistent answer, and i havent played before homecoming so i dont know.

Imho the game seems decent, even great in some parts. Its a bit buggy for a 1.0 release but still playable. Its far from p2w which i love about it, it doesnt get boring or repetitive because by the time i get bored of a leader/faction i got enough scraps and rp to start a wild new deck, its actually quite tactical and gives me a nice feeling when i pull off something major and erase my opponents smug face, and last but not least, its a wholly different kind of CCG, something new, fresh, not the BS we get used to playing hearthstone/shadowverse etc.

To me, it seems like homecoming was s major overhaul to the game that was planned to be a finishing touch to be added for release and should have been expected. I suspect this might have pulled people out of their comfort zone and some could even feel betrayed by it, or angered that they feel like they were sent back to square one. In the absence of any real knowledge or concrete facts, this is just my speculation so dont hold me to it.

TLDR: game's gud, haeters gon haet.

To me, it seems like homecoming was s major overhaul to the game that was planned to be a finishing touch to be added for release and should have been expected.

I have never even heard this theory before. Definitely not true. What developers would possibly intend to completely revamp the game they beta tested for that long? No one would plan to do that. They weren't happy with the game they made so they created a new one that is somewhat related to it.

To me, it seems like homecoming was s major overhaul to the game that was planned to be a finishing touch to be added for release and should have been expected
A finishing would be every change they implemented as a standalone. But to put like 10+ different things new, untestet into the game cant be called "finishing touch". Its an overhaul, mostly from scratch.
And dont get me wrong, if you like it, its fine, but dont come up with these euphemism.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say: I really really like this game. One of my favourite games. I always look forward to play it.​
Doesn't matter if I'm just climbing in Ranked all by myself - or when together with friends, making a whacky deck and mess around in non-Ranked. It's a ton of fun, laughs and some challenge. Even if I'm getting annihilated by some clever plays from the opponents, I learn something new and appreciate it.​
I understand the reasoning why some people miss the old version of the game. I was also cranky with the changes at first but I thought it over and realized that I'm just kinda lazy and sentimental/nostalgic to a degree and wanted to merely resist the changes - it is in the nature of the human brain unless you are still a toddler. Yes, you have to adjust, re-learn things but thats okay. In fact, it is cool to learn new things, new mechanisms, new tactics. Change is good. After the initial phase I started to realize and discover all the awesomeness that's in this amazing game. My thoughts about some of the complaints:​
  • Yes, there is more emphasis on graphics, the leader cards are now 3D models who wave around and can send messages. Is this really such a problem? I find it a cool little idea, it adds a little interaction between players (like in Hearthstone) and makes the leaders more distinct from the cards/army.
  • The removal of the Third Row (Ballistae) - I've read this often - "dumbed the game down". That's a LIE! On the contrary! You have two rows now and you can play with it! It is called tactics. You can place a "Ballista" in any row, the opponent won't be just easily able to anticipate what, when and where you place. You can make seemingly unoptimal placements to avoid some effects, damage from Fog, be out of range from a melee unit with your melee unit, you can play a unit into a row where its ability won't trigger etc. etc. If anything, this is a welcome change and gives much more options in the long term. I don't miss the third row at all, because it would HINDER my options.
  • General complaint: "everything has been dumbed down". There was some simplification, mostly neccessary ones. Hardcore fans complained about TES: Skyrim being a "dumbed down and prettier" version of Oblivion... See how that turned out. Skyrim is arguably one of the most successful games of all time and people still play it and it has an enormous community. Much, much more people than with Oblivion. You could say similar things about Witcher 1 and Witcher 3... Obviously the newer one looks better and because the developers learned a lot from the two previous games, they made the last one much better, prettier and into a much smoother experience. Is that dumbing down? Not at all. Absorb and keep what is useful, discard what is not. The same happened with Homecoming in Gwent.
The new Provision system is great. The cards look amazing. The sounds / effects / voice acting is cool. One of the key parts of making this game a truly awesome one (you have to win 2 rounds, not just 1 like in most other games) is still part of the game. The Witcher world is great. They are constantly working on adjustments to make the game balanced. I hope veteran players will make their peace and continue to be part of the Gwent Players Community, to enrich each game and have fun together. I know I will be here.​

Well, when i said that it was intended because you simply can't make such major changes overnight. They are planned, there is a lot of work that goes into an overhaul of this scale. I'm definitely aware of the size of it, when checking for decks for Nilfgaard i noticed a lot of sites had cards with the pre-homecoming descriptions. Frankly i liked nilfgaard more before homecoming but it's still playable and fun.

The aesthetics are more pleasing than before, as for the cards i can't say because i haven't played before homecoming, i don't know the old meta, or the old cards save for a few i found online. Beta games change unpredictably, i tend to believe the devs did not like the way the game was going, it's very possible they made mistakes that led there and things spiraled out of control and they didn't like the end product, so they made these big changes. I don't think cd projekt has much (if any) experience in making CCGs save for gwent in the witcher game, so that may be one of the reasons for this.

Basically it's all speculation on our end, and the game isn't going to change back into what it was. Maybe the devs will agree they were a bit blunt about it and revert some of the changes, or not. Time will tell i guess. I still like the game and i'm gonna play it, if you don't then avoid it.

Top Bottom