So much wonderful clothing ... that we can't buy or find

+
Check downtown Jingui they have shirts with ties...sometimes...
Jinguji is my favorite place to buy clothes. And believe me, I checked that place many times. I even completed the side quest there. Still no dress shirts with ties.

If you could show me a screenshot, that would be great.

See while I agree with you, and it's not your fault, I absolutly hate this comment. Modders shouldn't HAVE to do it. This is simply something that should have been in the game at launch, and was advertised to be in the game. The fact that this game to make it great will need to be "Bethesda"ed is going to be frustrating as hell, as I can see CDPR pulling a Bethesda and constantly putting out tiny little patches that break all the mods.

I don't mind mods adding new content, new clothes, new vehicles, new cyberwear. But putting in something that already should exist and does exist in game, and the devs were just too lazy to give it to the players is simply bad form.

I agree. It is definitely not the modders' job to include something that was supposed to be in the game in the first place.

I sincerely hope that CDPR will add all (or the majority) of the clothing that can be seen in the game as available to purchase. I hunted for a Mox-look in the game for hours, but I simply didn't find anything that would even come close to their colorful, skimpy fashion.

Also adding info what store sells which fashion (kitsch, entropism, neomilitarism and neokitsch) would be preem.

More clothing options become available with higher street cred.

Sure, but the point is, not all of them are, and honestly, there isn't much change between the lower street cred and higher street cred clothing.

But the point is, just walk around the city, or around the Nomad Camp, or through Pacifica, then try and recreate even half of the looks. You can't do it.

Then look at 99% of the cyberwear that people are sporting. Can't duplicate any of those.

Then look at all the cars driving around. Now try and buy 99% of them. They don't exist. Oh sure the model may exist, but the paint jobs, the convertibles, and modifications. Yeah those don't exist either.

Now go and change your character because you found an outfit that doesn't totally make you look like a gonk, but your hair and makeup and nails are all wrong for it. Oops... that didn't make it in either.

That's the point. We were told unparalleled character customization, and it was a lie. Hell Saints Row 2 came out in 2008 and it has better vehicle and character customization then this game does, and that was 12 years ago, so the technology is there, the coding is around. Mass Effect Andromeda came out in 2017, and for all it's faults, character creation was so much better then this. It's just that the devs got lazy and cut it all out, in favor of... well I'm not sure exactly what it was in favor of, because we got a lot less then they promised us in 2018, not more, and certainly nothing innovative.

More clothing options become available with higher street cred.

Also I am at 48 street cred (max is 50) and the clothing options have not changed. Just the stats. In Night City where "Looks Are Everything," buying expensive and fancy clothes should boost your street cred.

Also I am at 48 street cred (max is 50) and the clothing options have not changed. Just the stats. In Night City where "Looks Are Everything," buying expensive and fancy clothes should boost your street cred.

They said it would. They also said that clothing mattered and how you dressed was just as important as where you came from. Well I walked into the meet with Hanako looking like a total dirtbag, and then again looking like a corp suit, and there was zero difference.

Walked into a clothing store in downtown, and they said something about how I looked like trash. So I reloaded a quick save, tossed on a corp dress and shoes, and walked back into the store. Same exact comment, and the irony, they sold the same dress in the store.

So clothing, like your lifepath, means squat in this game.

They said it would. They also said that clothing mattered and how you dressed was just as important as where you came from. Well I walked into the meet with Hanako looking like a total dirtbag, and then again looking like a corp suit, and there was zero difference.

Walked into a clothing store in downtown, and they said something about how I looked like trash. So I reloaded a quick save, tossed on a corp dress and shoes, and walked back into the store. Same exact comment, and the irony, they sold the same dress in the store.

That's really disappointing to read.

NPCs reacting to your clothing would have added a lot of immersion to the game.

Even Skyrim, which is really old now, got the NPC's reacting to the things you've done and the armor/clothes you're wearing. Shouldn't be difficult to implement some of these mechanics.

See while I agree with you, and it's not your fault, I absolutly hate this comment. Modders shouldn't HAVE to do it. This is simply something that should have been in the game at launch, and was advertised to be in the game. The fact that this game to make it great will need to be "Bethesda"ed is going to be frustrating as hell, as I can see CDPR pulling a Bethesda and constantly putting out tiny little patches that break all the mods.

I don't mind mods adding new content, new clothes, new vehicles, new cyberwear. But putting in something that already should exist and does exist in game, and the devs were just too lazy to give it to the players is simply bad form.

Yeah bro wtf, this people is to easy to please. We're in 2020, I wouldn't be mean with CDProjekt because I loved Witcher Saga. But this game is a joke and they could have done muuuuuuuch more.

Jinguji does not have any clothes the other stores do not. Depending on the RNG you can sometimes find the same torn rags found in the poor areas of the game, but for a higher price. The two corpo-dresses you can find at Jinguji can also be found in the other clothing stores for about 1/3rd less. There needs to a reason to burn eddies at this place, but sadly there isn't.

That's the point. We were told unparalleled character customization, and it was a lie. Hell Saints Row 2 came out in 2008 and it has better vehicle and character customization then this game does, and that was 12 years ago, so the technology is there, the coding is around. Mass Effect Andromeda came out in 2017, and for all it's faults, character creation was so much better then this. It's just that the devs got lazy and cut it all out, in favor of... well I'm not sure exactly what it was in favor of, because we got a lot less then they promised us in 2018, not more, and certainly nothing innovative.

This so much! I'm definitely feeling a bit betrayed on character customization. I've gotten used to seeing morph sliders in games to adjust your facial features and body types. That's ancient technology in the game world. Facegen is relatively cheap to integrate and can give you most of that out of the box! When I hear 'unparalleled character customization', I'm thinking of Black Desert Online and Bethesda games as the parallels to beat. Even indie games these days often come with character creation that beats Cyberpunk 2077 using off-the-shelf plugins. What we got is 'character creation often paralleled by games over a decade old'. That's just gonk!

Character creation a topic that deserves it's own threads and I don't want to get totally down on it. The result of character creation is Cyberpunk 2077 is very pretty, and maybe character creation was at least in part guided by 'we want it to be easy and pretty!' rather than just pure laziness or panic of development problems. I would describe Cyberpunk 2077's character creation as easy, pretty, and severely lacking in freedom. There is one part of this that gets very on-topic.... the lack of body sliders means that clothing meshes don't need to support many morph targets, which greatly speeds up content creation. That bodes well for CDPR when it comes to creating future content... and for modders that don't want to deal with that.

I think there's a lot of great clothes the problem is the game pushes you to get better stats and as a result, you end up wearing a ramble of different styled clothes which just looks like rubbish. I just wish there was some kind of transmog in the game. I don't even think it'd be that hard. Just add a voice line and option in clothing stores for "custom threads" and then boom opens up a transmog UI which I'm sure they could cannibalise what they have from TW3 into this game relatively quickly.

- Shirts w/ ties. Not great but hope it helps.
Completely forgot about that shirt and a few others. Unfortunately, they're all hidden under vests. Not to mention, they look really tacky.

I was thinking about outfits like this...
cyberpunk agent outfit.png
cyberpunk outfit.png

Yeah.
I remember that you could customize your car even in Saints Row 4. And you dont even need a car, you basically flying around the town. But it was there.

Car customization in Saints Row 4 was extremely detailed to. You can change a variety of pieces on the cars and not just the paint jobs. Tires, rims, body mods, lights, and even decals that you can position where you want. Character customization and outfit choices were about on par with Cyberpunk 2077. To be truly fair though, being that it's Saints Row 4, the game had the benefit of development work and experimentation done on the previous titles and they didn't have to reinvent the whole wheel... I guess you could say Saints Row 4 was developed in 9 years if you include the previous titles...whereas Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012, so has probably had at least 8 years of dev time. Oh... well that's not a good look.

Top Bottom