So much work for this? (can't buy the game...)

+
So much work for this? (can't buy the game...)

Hi there,First my apologies if this has been discussed before, I've fast-checked the forum and found nothing.The thing is that I wanted to buy this game, but I am just unable to do it... I waited this for months. I was about to buy the original box when I read there was an enhanced version on development. When it was released I was with some other games and my economy wasn't in its best state so I didn't even bother.Now I searched for it on several shops, but there isn't stock, and there is not going to be, as I've been said. I also checked sites like Direct2Drive, or Steam, and I get messages like "not available in your region" or "only available on USA, Mexico, Canada".What's going on?I'm not trying to blame or flame no one here, only the person or people responsible of this type of decisions, which unfortunately is not going to read any of this. But I don't find this... normal, or smart, to develop (well, RE-develop) something for MONTHS, and take it out of the shelves in a few months... what's the point of this?Now, how do I get my box, my DVD, my map, book, or whatever it comes with this enhanced edition I want to pay for, and play?This is kinda frustrating.Any idea of where could I buy this without paying 40$ shipment costs from USA?Thanks,Regards.

Vattghern said:
I think it could be useful if You gave us at least the name of Your country. :)
You're right, I'm sorry. The country is Spain, in Europe.But I guess that even being in France, UK, or Germany would be the same for Steam or D2D.

STGhost said:
You can always oder from say GAME or PLAY or Amazon.
Amazon: *** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination.Game (Spain shops): No stock, no restock.I checked that "Play" site but I'm not sure at all if trust something like looks like a eBay for games. I'll check it more deeply to see what's about. But for what it looks, it seems they are able to ship.Anyway I still don't understand how can it be SO hard to buy a game that was released a few months ago after so much work on it. And them some bussinessmen complain about piracy...

Does Atari publish The Witcher in Spain as well? Atari has forums in Europe for each language : Atari Spain, unluckily they don't have a seperate Witcher forum. Maybe you find a general game forum there or write a mod, admin or whoever about your issue. GL :peace:

PetraSilie said:
Does Atari publish The Witcher in Spain as well? Atari has forums in Europe for each language : Atari Spain, unluckily they don't have a seperate Witcher forum. Maybe you find a general game forum there or write a mod, admin or whoever about your issue. GL

Update, FYI:I finally received my package, and as you can see on the profile, I can now say that I'm a happy owner of the big enhanced edition box. I arrived home at lunchtime and while wondering when my package shall arrive someone rang the door. It was the postman (well, post-woman).I couldn't hold a "woah" when I opened the package and found 3 DVD cases and 3 books. This is the kind of box that deserves to be paid for.So I would just like to give a thank you to everyone that helped around, and specially to the developers of this great game. Is not very usual to release a game and take the decission to re-edit it again to make it even better. We use to see patches sometimes, but not this kind of patch, that is more similar to the ones we get on games with subscriptions like mmorpgs.See you around.

Congratultion for your new treasure. I hope during the Easter holiday you have plenty of time to explore the witcher world ;)

Top Bottom