So my thoughts and comment for CDProjektRED now im 36 hours into game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Excellent game
I'm running a Ryzon 5 1600 6 core, 32 gigs of ram, 1080ti video card
And game is honestly one of the cleanest bug free AAA games I ever seen at launch! No Ray Tracing or DLSS obviously with that video card, but I can still run game at Ultra setting and other then few disconnects on Day 2 (that Console patch made day 2 tough to play because of crashes) the games been running really amazing.
So mad props from the get go for that.

The Console kiddies maybe screaming but for me you managed to exceed my expectations on launch performance.
Guess the old adage holds true
You get what you pay for.
Spent 3k on my computer 3 years ago and haven't regretted it once since then.

So onto game itself.
Its a fun game and I'm slowly starting to find alternative passages and routes for missions.
I definitely see how much Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided influenced you all
And that's a good thing
I early on was finding gigs and missions a little tedious as they were just run in and kill missions

I was totally missing DE:HR air vents and climbing mechanics
But now I'm in further I'm starting to discover those more often.

The story (started on Corpo) has been fantastic (but I'm a little concerned because you announced how short it is before launch that I find myself focusing more on side missions and gigs and bounties before I advance the story anymore).

Honestly I give you a SOLID 8.5 outta 10 for Cyberpunk 2077
Not as good as Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut (which I gave a 9-9.5 outta 10)
But big step up from Deus Ex Mankind Divided (which I gave a 7.5 to)

Do now the negative stuff.

1) Looking at the absolute nonsense going on over last gen console systems. I gotta say maybe its time you all stepped back and focused on PC first and foremost, like you did in the past, and then do a port/release to console 6-12 months after PC launch.

Cause honestly its absolutely insane to me that a game this well designed and made is getting the negative attention it is because a bunch of kids (speaking mentality, not actual age) don't want to pay for a real computer.

This game should be getting rave reviews and I'm a little worried the nonsense over consoles will negatively effect future product releases.

2) Sure you've heard this allot but you made a mistake not adding 3rd person perspective as a option.
One of my major frustrations in CP2077 is try to judge distance for jumps and what not.
Inching up the edge of a ledge with out running off it
These are things that make TPP so strategic and tactical for play.
I gave CP2077 a pass and pre ordered this time despite the announcement of FPS only
But that was a one and done exception for me
This game needs TPP in many of of the missions.
Give players the option to play TPP or FPS and let each player decide what's right for them personally.

3) You need a better cover system
This one is clunky
I find it ironic that even Deus Ex decided to do TPP when you used their cover system
It was the right call for them and would be the right call for you

4) Pet Peeve but I hate not being able to enter businesses and even apts
The always locked door is just this generations invisible wall scenario

5) Since it influenced you so heavily. Maybe put even more Deus Ex type missions (love those)

Over all I'm loving the game and felt you needed to hear that (again with all the nonsense from console kiddies overshadowing what should be getting excellent reveiws and praise).

Thanks CDProjektRED
Job well done imo
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom