+

So… no cloaks?

• Yes, its a great touch! Please CDPR put them in

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • No. I'm fine with not having cloaks

Votes: 31 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It makes sense to don a cloak for extended travel (swords and the like kept on the side of the saddle), and Geralt does just this in the books, and I agree that it would be a neat feature overall, but I'm not very passionate about it. It's not a must-have.

It was mentioned earlier that there are other casual clothes for certain occasions, but I don't see him wearing a cloak and going to battle.......WITH TWO SWORDS ON HIS BACK.

Couldn't Geralt wear his sword belt on top of the cape? that way, the cape wouldn't hinder much his movement being held by the scabbards, and there wouldn't be any problem on drawing them

Couldn't Geralt wear his sword belt on top of the cape? that way, the cape wouldn't hinder much his movement being held by the scabbards, and there wouldn't be any problem on drawing them

And what happens when Geralt jumps back and stumbles on his own clothing?

That would depend on the cloak's lenght, if the cape was no longer than below his knees, he won't be stomping, and ultimately falling, while jumping or dodging, right?

I don't mind not having cloaks but I am a little bit sad that there are only four slots for clothing. I thought (don't know why, maybe according to some interviews) that this time there will be more parts like shoulder armor, belts and so on. Looks like I was wrong or they had to cut many things out of the game.:(

I personally LOVE that there are only 4 slots for armor. This is not an MMO after all...^^
And, yeah, about the OP, still not convinced, I just don't see cloaks working, and cloak physics might be really hard to pull off.

I could understand if they are a nay for combat and mobility reasons, but it would be a nice touch =P... better than kill your enimies is looking cool while killing them :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
(Just kiding =P... or not??!?!)

It was mentioned earlier that there are other casual clothes for certain occasions, but I don't see him wearing a cloak and going to battle.......WITH TWO SWORDS ON HIS BACK.

He could wear a cloak while riding. He should bind his swords to the saddle while being on horseback. ;)

That would depend on the cloak's lenght, if the cape was no longer than below his knees, he won't be stomping, and ultimately falling, while jumping or dodging, right?

Try to put even a short cloak on yourself and make a pirouette. Then remove the cloak and do the pirouette again.

You'll find out that the cloak hinders the spinning a lot, even if it's short. And witchers use a combat style which is a lot agility-based. And a cloak can even give "grabbing" opportunities to decent opponents.

To me, a cloak doesn't fit at all with the witchers' combat style.

Official concept art, found this topic's first page: Thread: The Witcher 3: Screenshot & Artwork collection added by sidspyker

Attachments

• ibitegCdIuctJs.jpg
    ibitegCdIuctJs.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Yeah :). I just would liked to show them, now ÍI found the bigger one. So probably there will be cloaks. Anyway thanks for the upload :D

Clipping issues. Cloaks are ok if it was a set look but it's not, trying to add cloaks to an inventory system with lots of different armors and weapons makes it nearly impossible to add cloaks as its probably really hard to program how the fabric falls on different surfaces.

I would LOVE to have Cloaks. It just looks badass and I think that if it's raining it really creates more atmospheric moments.
Also, if they WANTED (don't say they have to, that is just a random idea) they could include it in gameplay. You know in a way so Geralt moves slower when fighting with the cloak on.

Anyway, no matter if they include my "idea", they should at least include the cloak. It would be amazing and a good addition and also increase the immersion and the role-playing aspect of the game.

Top Bottom