so now I have to put an semi useless card if I want to counter artifacts?

+
having artifact removals to only neutral is dumb, now I have to waste a slot for a card that half of the time is useless?
before faction artifact removals at least had a second ability to balance that now is use have a neutral removal o get screwed

yes I'm talking about scenarios

having artifact removals to only neutral is dumb, now I have to waste a slot for a card that half of the time is useless?
before faction artifact removals at least had a second ability to balance that now is use have a neutral removal o get screwed

yes I'm talking about scenarios

You can use Heatwave, which can also work as tall removal, so dual purpose. Even triple if you count removing potentially very dangerous cards.

You can run Heatwave if you play against a lot of poison Assire. But besides that, it's pointless to remove artifacts.

Heatwave is a good card but it's not good to HAVE to run it. Also you still have a card that don't get you any point if you remove the artifact, which is bad tempo-wise.
Removing the faction artifact removal was not the best option I think. Instead, they should have increased the number of artifact removal in factions, giving them a dual effect. Actually, more of these cards in general, not only for artifacts, would be good for the game. Give the possibility to tech without having completely useless cards.

Also artifacts need a re-balance, some of them haven't been touched since forever. Shield and Spear? 4 points on 4 turns for 7 provisions?
The gap between different artifacts (either they HAVE TO be removed or they are useless) and the quasi-absence of good options for artifact removal is quite bad.

Removing the faction artifact removal was not the best option I think. Instead, they should have increased the number of artifact removal in factions, giving them a dual effect.

The amount of games where my opponent's "last move" was a bomb heaver is quite sad, they were forced to keep the card in case I played a scenario, which I don't have in my deck.

If they modify the way of removing artifacts by useful cards with an additional optional effect, we would use them without problems and nobody would use the scenarios which are the "novelty" (if you never played MtG) of the expansion.

The amount of games where my opponent's "last move" was a bomb heaver is quite sad, they were forced to keep the card in case I played a scenario, which I don't have in my deck.

If they modify the way of removing artifacts by useful cards with an additional optional effect, we would use them without problems and nobody would use the scenarios which are the "novelty" (if you never played MtG) of the expansion.
They could still be used without costing 14 prov

They could still be used without costing 14 prov

if the cost of provisions is reduced without reducing their effect it would be even worse than they are now and the game would be even more binary, you play it and bet that your opponent does not have the removal in hand and ready, well, like now, but having more provisions available.

As I mentioned before, they are the novelty of the expansion, they will not modify the way they are played and they do not fit as lower cost cards, for this the scenarios would have to be redesigned one by one.

At this time I would not expect changes of any kind, whatever they do will be for the new expansion.

I agree and disagree. The whole artifact/artifact removal needs a rework. Scenario by themselves are problematic right now. I still think that more dual effect cards would be welcome. More artifacts and more artifact removal would mean more choice, like the choice to remove a unit or keep removal for another one.

Another solution would be, as suggested before, a complete rework of how artifacts work. A suggestion to give them armor was offered a while ago and now that armor is back, that would be a viable option.

I agree and disagree. The whole artifact/artifact removal needs a rework. Scenario by themselves are problematic right now. I still think that more dual effect cards would be welcome. More artifacts and more artifact removal would mean more choice, like the choice to remove a unit or keep removal for another one.

Another solution would be, as suggested before, a complete rework of how artifacts work. A suggestion to give them armor was offered a while ago and now that armor is back, that would be a viable option.

I never said that they were not problematic or that they did not need to be redesigned.
Just point out that the overall "design" of the game is in the direction of fully binary games and "big points swims".
Slama said that he liked the latter so you can only expect more of that, because in the end it is what the scenarios are, many points in a single card.

Using an artifact removal or not? Using it in the absence of an artifact would be useless... dumb or not, well, this is how they want it to be, binary design.

Top Bottom