So... Radio silence YET AGAIN? What's next after 1.2?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am an investor.
The consolidated and segment reports for last year have not been released yet, they are due in mid April I believe.
However their deferred revenues grew by nearly 40% between the 2nd and 3rd quarter last year (representing mostly preorders for cyberpunk) accounting for 60% of the deferred development costs. So by the 3rd qtr of last year, preorders covered about 60% of Cyberpunks production costs. I expect final sales in preorders by the game release and subsequent sales to have easily covered this margin. My only concern is the percentage of returns/refunds.

Either way, I think this game will get the Andromeda/Anthem treatment. Updates/added content in the first year, then slowly slide quietly into the annals of gaming history. However, I don't think this will be the last we will see of Cyberpunk, I hope CDPR took this game as learning lesson (new engine, new design for them), and I think the sequel will be much better.

By the way, all of their financial statements can be accessed here: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/

The consolidated report of 2020 will be released after April 19th and the first quarterly report for 2021 at the end of May. We will be seen from them how good or bad the Cyberpunk 2077 sales and the CD Projekt RED revenues were. We didn't see it clearly at the moment.

They will do exactly what has been shown in their roadmap, which covers this year and this year ONLY, meaning free DLCs (minor stuff), other fixes / patches and the next-gen update. Everything else is still in the realm of speculation. We can discuss and hope all we want, but we don't even know for sure if the game will be getting expansions at some point. I'm willing to bet they will eventually come, but as long as they stick to the original roadmap and don't update / change it, patches and next-gen update is all we're officially getting for now.

8 years of production and half a year of the game still being busted isn't patience? People have raised children in less time it take for this game to be created in a broken state and still not fixed.
The game hasn't been 8 years in active development. What they showed in 2013 was a very short cinematic based on a very early concept of the game. The active development of the game started in 2016 only after the last of the Witcher 3 expansions was completed.

Please stop spreading misinformation, as "facts" - it does nobody any good.

The consolidated report of 2020 will be released after April 19th and the first quarterly report for 2021 at the end of May. We will be seen from them how good or bad the Cyberpunk 2077 sales and the CD Projekt RED revenues were. We didn't see it clearly at the moment.
" good or bad" is very subjective and it's more about expectations than number of sales. Witcher 3 sold 10 million units during first year after release. Cyberpunk 2077 sold 13 million during first two weeks. You can also compare costs of production and marketing ( i can speculate that production of and marketing of Cyberpunk was higher and that would be safe bet)
They will do exactly what has been shown in their roadmap, which covers this year and this year ONLY, meaning free DLCs (minor stuff), other fixes / patches and the next-gen update. Everything else is still in the realm of speculation. We can discuss and hope all we want, but we don't even know for sure if the game will be getting expansions at some point. I'm willing to bet they will eventually come, but as long as they stick to the original roadmap and don't update / change it, patches and next-gen update is all we're officially getting for now.
Cyberpunk-2077-Roadmap.jpg

Just some people acting and speculating what CDPR will do or will not do. We know what will happen this year. Based on their strategy, their future is Cyberpunk IP.
I'm willing to bet expansion will come out, but that's speculation and if they come, it will be 2022.

But they still have to confirm the "expansion" bit with an official statement directed at the gamers community (i.e. in the News section of their site), not just in a video aimed for the most part at investors.
Hmm. Why?

The strategy update is an official statement; it makes no difference that it's not directly addressed to gamers in a forum post.

Get in the skin of a dev, which is part of a team, which have received tons of hate.
Now imagine you being part of that team, after reading and viewing youtube roasting you, all the drama, hoaxes and hate.

Yes, persons are behind gaming companies, they might look evil to you.
Im pretty sure a lot of them had to take anti-anxiety meds or similar.

They even appologized.

Yet i been reading this thread and i was reading stuff about investors, stocks, finances...
Yes we paid, it wasnt decent, they appologized and now they fixing it.

And they are persons, just like me and you. I'm surprised nobody shown empathy for a fellow human doing a hard work.

Hmm. Why?

The strategy update is an official statement; it makes no difference that it's not directly addressed to gamers in a forum post.
Well, i was under the impression that every major (even minor) update the game has received until now has been announced in the NEWS section of the official site or on this forums, aiming directly to the gamers community.

Well, i was under the impression that every major (even minor) update the game has received until now has been announced in the NEWS section of the official site or on this forums, aiming directly to the gamers community.
There has been so much that I have no idea if that's the case -- but in any case, my point stands. An official statement is an official statement. I think it would even be somewhat redundant to post a separate News article.

I'm not so sure. Before release they stated that they would release expansions. The roadmap came with the apology video as a plan to bring the game up to the quality level that was promissed. So it makes sense the announcing patches to fix the game, the DLC to bring life quality items/features and the next gen update to bring up the quality on next gen systems. Expansions are always a paid extra, so it's apart from this commitment to quality

Edit: Sorry didn't read this tread until the end. My message no longer apllies and will self-destruct in 10...9..

Last edited:
Ah yes, my bad, forgot about that. But they still have to confirm the "expansion" bit with an official statement directed at the gamers community (i.e. in the News section of their site), not just in a video aimed for the most part at investors.
They already "confirmed"... what they will eventually need to do is elaborate/update/notify on what they are doing, including when we will get it, but that can be any time from now to the day before it drops. :)

Just beat it and move on, it's not worth it holding out --- come back when they release the "Cyberpunk 2077 Re-Augmented Version" cause if they call it game of the year edition that will be a whole new wave of memes lmao

So sad to see a game I was so hyped for fail so hard. I played on PC every bug that is on consoles is here, it just looks better and I can hit 60FPS

And it is like 15 hours of main story line, they "cut" back the time to complete cause witcher 3 was "too long" for people, but really they massacred the game time, this is such an incomplete game it is not even funny. We literally paid for a demo product lmao

Thank god I got the PS return and got it on CDKEYS for $25

Why should they say anything? Sorry to say this but we are not their Master, just because we bought a sixty bucks game from them doesn't mean they have to work on the cotton fields for us for all eternity. Next time don't preorder or buy, because that's the only thing we are entitled to do.
principle you are right - but if they do not communicate at all maybe there will be no "next time" for some of their current playerbase... just a thought : /

CDPR's strategy for the rest of this year is working on Cyberpunk. Looking at their plan released somewhere along the latest patch, they are still taking the "one game at a time" approach. So there will be no work on Next-Gen Witcher 3 in 2021. All hands are on Cyberpunk.
Then, in 2022 they will split the team between Cyberpunk and The Witcher 3 Next-Gen. CD Projekt never abandoned their previous games because they don't have all that many of them. If it was EA Games, Ubisoft or Microsoft then sure, they have almost too many IP's they can rely on. CD Projekt has two, including a very broken one.

I'm not happy about them going Radio Silence after the release fiasco. That's the worst thing they can do to us right now. It's a different matter when they game is in the workings, but when everybody's waiting for them to fix their mess? Not a good strategy.

When they talk people tell them to shut up and when they shut up people get upset they're silent. Make up your gonk minds already.
i dont think people want them to shut up just to deliver what they say - and thats just common behavior, no? if u say something, you should hold it. thats what people actually want. nothing more nothing less.

Why should they say anything? Sorry to say this but we are not their Master, just because we bought a sixty bucks game from them doesn't mean they have to work on the cotton fields for us for all eternity. Next time don't preorder or buy, because that's the only thing we are entitled to do.
Very poor analogy and not in very good taste either. Holding a company to account for their actions is not the same as slavery and the comparison just shows the lengths some will go to to shift the blame and twist the narrative. Also, It doesn't help that in defense of CDPR, you are suggesting that those that were unhappy were foolish for pre-ordering or buying the game based on what CDPR said, implying that the company should not have been taken at their word. Not a good defense. Radio silence is standard in this industry, so no surprise, but it would be beneficial to actually have some details about what is going to happen to this game going forward, as in what is going to be worked on and what is considered pretty much done and complete.

8 years of production and half a year of the game still being busted isn't patience? People have raised children in less time it take for this game to be created in a broken state and still not fixed.
If the development should've taken 10 or 12 years. Then what? Also. For how long exactly could it have been considered a feverdream before that? But these are things besides the point. Anticipation that you are speaking of is not exactly the same as what is going on now
I could say the same thing for Starcraft 2 back in the day. Came 12 years after the first one, so do not speak to me of waiting for something.

Lastly. Any and all of this does not entitle anyone to call CDPR to stand before them and speak.
They are working on this game, they already stated such. So let them do their job and quit asking bits of info every damn 2 days after they gave you something.
Its the telltale sign of being ungrateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom