So... Radio silence YET AGAIN? What's next after 1.2?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ungrateful? Hold on. This is not some humanitarian mission after a hurricane, this is an entertainment piece of software. If its not up to Tripple A standard it claims to be, its our right to voice our disappointment. Don't preorder? Sure, I agree. And what about 4 months after game release? So when is the game supposed to be ready to play exactly? When it reaches first anniversary of it's premiere?

I'd have to say that any DLC release had better be part of a much larger patch, but I hope that's obvious.

This game is free falling on steam charts. 8k players right now. 1.2 update brought nobody back that abandoned the game months prior. In fact the numbers have continued to dwindle.

Does CDProjekt keep updating a title no one cares about anymore?

This game is free falling on steam charts. 8k players right now. 1.2 update brought nobody back that abandoned the game months prior. In fact the numbers have continued to dwindle.

not really a surprise if patches bring more issues than they meant to solve... i for myself are still trying out new builds but i honestly can understand the ones who left the boat or spread those memes:

3495202038652.jpg

although i think its a bit overdramatic, it pretty much covers what u said about the playerbase on steam... and steam is already pc plattform, imagen how many console player gave up as well : /

Yeah. I tried it for one instance. Saw that my performance is now worse than it was before the patch and exited the game. The first playthrough on my PC was fun. 180 hours. So it was worth the money for sure. But any further interest depends on what a DLC may offer. A patch that doesn't even add promised features, will not bring people back. IMO.

Console players can't even buy the game right now, and next gen version didn't come out yet. If they stopped updating the game right now, it would hurt their future sales by a lot. By future sale I mean ones that will come when the game comes back to console stores, ones that will come when next gen consoles become current gen and also when future Cyberpunk games will come out.

Oh boy such statements really boil my blood something fierce. You simply do -not- have the entire picture to make such general conclussions that nobody cares about the game anymore. You realize this game is DRM free, right? That means that you can play it without ever launching it from GoG, Steam etc aside from updating it every so often when new patch comes out. So the fact that there is 8k players on Steam means absolutely nothing. For all we know there might be thousands upon thousands or even millions still playing and enjoying the game - happily and quietly that don't bother being part of any statistics and being vocal on social medias... Please stop using your personal opinions to try and push fake narratives. It really is getting tiring to read through. The more vocal part on social medias have always been the people disappointed with any given product. If we take such things at face value that probably will mean that every single game, movie, book and whatnot have failed, which is hardly the case.

So once more - please -stop- with such statements. it's fine to be disappointed - it really is, but pushing fake narratives, based on a very scewed perspective is -not-

Ungrateful? Hold on. This is not some humanitarian mission after a hurricane, this is an entertainment piece of software. If its not up to Tripple A standard it claims to be, its our right to voice our disappointment. Don't preorder? Sure, I agree. And what about 4 months after game release? So when is the game supposed to be ready to play exactly? When it reaches first anniversary of it's premiere?
Nice one on pulling that out of context.
Look, critisize it all you like with regards to it not being up to snuff. It would've been better for everyone if the premature release did not happen. We can all agree on that I suspect.
But alas, here we are.
A lot of stuff happened and now we are 4 months after a release date (which in my opinion is still about 1 year early)
And for all that any player is in his/her rights to critique it.

What is not a right however is to demand them to communicate at any instance someone opens their mouth and have them present a list of what they're gonna do, and when, and and and.

Long story short: they have shown their strategy for the duration of 2021. If that is not satisfactory, then tough luck.

Yes, a dictionary definition best explains what slavery is. /s

Stop being so overdramatic.

You expected it to do that? A lot of people are done with the current content of the game, and a patch was not going to change that. DLC and Expansions do that, not patches.

Hello Games did the same with NMS. so cdpr should do the same (as in a NMS style redemption).
Hello Games went total silent after NMS launch, yes. No roadmaps, no comments, just a promise "we'll fix things and we'll add more content, it'll be out when it's ready". Period.

Problem is, this is not the same. NMS was not removed from PS store. Some class action was taken vs NMS, Hello Games was investigated by official authorities on suspect of false advertising - but then, official verdict was that nope, Hello Games did not do any false advertisement, it was users who misunderstood advertisements, and only that. And of course, Hello Games was not releasing a title worth 350+ millions USD in development, much of which sum is _investment_ money - Hello Games is one small indie studio, it was less than 20 people in the team which released NMS.

Further, Hello Games did not have their bonds being traded in global market. And on top of all those differencies, NMS was - and remains - truly revolutionary product. Quadrillions of fully populated star systems. Nothing even remotely close to it, to this day. Multiple industry awards, unique procedural generation engine and development tools, you name it. Last but not least, Hello Games said from the start that all the corrections and extra content they will be making after NMS release - will be free for all who bought NMS at release. And they kept the promise to this day.

This all means, Hello Games could _afford_ to go total silence. They had certainty they'll polish and expand NMS, make it much easier to properly understand for what it is (misunderstanding and overhype were two biggest problems with NMS - NOT technical issues).

Can CDPR afford total silence?

No. Most of all, because technical issues are a big part of the situation. CDPR needs to demonstrate, ASAP, that things which made them unable to deliver technically solid title - they can overcome. How they are doing it. Their estimates about how long it'll take. Their specific plans and agreements with Sony about specific conditions to be fulfilled for CP2077 to get back to Sony's store. Radio silence about such things - makes extra pressure mount up, continuously, as more and more investors prefer to cash out, and as more and more players who are used to "AAA" way of announcing "seasons / DLCs / expansions" become more and more impatient (which, of course, most of them don't shy to spill into the world by means of forum posts, personal messages, talks in real world, etc etc).

That said, CDPR should never tell anything they have even a tiniest speck of a doubt about, too. Only the things they are 100% sure will work - are to be announced. If any such things exist - hard to say. But if any do, then it's best to communicate out ASAP about it.

This is what i think would be best course of action for CDPR. Oh, and making sure no more hacking-the-studio happens, too. :)
Post automatically merged:

They repaired and updated tons of things with 1.2 (talking from PC user view) and I do not see reason why they woul be not able or willing continue this work. Imo 1.2 is very good foundation for further work. Yes, I have doubts about old consoles, but I fear they simply don't have option to abandon them ... My personal view is that game engine is too much power demanding and make it work on old gn consoles would sacrifice too much, but that's imo.
Game engine is perfectly capable to run on older consoles, itself. It's failure to properly implement adequate LODs which creates the problem. Technically, it is very possible to decrease detail so much the game would run even on something like PS3, by reducing level of details for select parts of any given scene. Simplifying by distance, simplifying depending on viewing angle at any given moment, reducing view angle, custom reduction in both number and variety of pedestrians, car traffic, other assets used for any given scene, etc. Thing is, any of such simplifications done any clumsily - will result in way too bad-looking overal picture. It's complex process requiring competent coders, testers and at least one hella smart project leader to figure out what's tolerable and possible, and what's not.

As for patch 1.2 in particular, suffice to say it remains at least controversial. If only the patch would work as intended for all users and on all platforms, itself - then yes, it'd be a good foundation. Thing is, it doesn't for significant portion of its particular features, and even overall for significant part of player base. And it's not something which can be hidden and/or cut out - the world knows.

Thus so far, things got "a bit better' with 1.2, - but not "much better". Building anything on a faulty foundation? I'd rather not...

Last edited:
Oh boy such statements really boil my blood something fierce. You simply do -not- have the entire picture to make such general conclussions that nobody cares about the game anymore. You realize this game is DRM free, right? That means that you can play it without ever launching it from GoG, Steam etc aside from updating it every so often when new patch comes out. So the fact that there is 8k players on Steam means absolutely nothing. For all we know there might be thousands upon thousands or even millions still playing and enjoying the game - happily and quietly that don't bother being part of any statistics and being vocal on social medias... Please stop using your personal opinions to try and push fake narratives. It really is getting tiring to read through. The more vocal part on social medias have always been the people disappointed with any given product. If we take such things at face value that probably will mean that every single game, movie, book and whatnot have failed, which is hardly the case.

So once more - please -stop- with such statements. it's fine to be disappointed - it really is, but pushing fake narratives, based on a very scewed perspective is -not-

Meanwhile it's racing up the ladder on nexus mods for most downloads and that's only on pc, so clearly there is still a maintained interest.
Post automatically merged:

The game is still full of gamebreaking bugs, so how about no?

Which they have now demonstrated they are committed to working on. There was a huge patch just two weeks ago. They can't do everything at once.

Meanwhile it's racing up the ladder on nexus mods for most downloads and that's only on pc, so clearly there is still a maintained interest.
Though sheer number of things which need fixing / alteration is also one big factor in this, you know. There are mods for this and mods for that, but when it's hundreds "thats" asking to be modded - even with rather small playerbase, total number of mods downloaded will be high.

Plus, it's 1.2 effect, right now: i think, lots if not all of mods need to be re-applied after patching from 1.12 to 1.2. Which i know from 1st-hand experience: while i am not using any mods from Nexus, i did make just one itty bitty tiny mod manually - one purely cosmetic (visual) mod, which i did by altering just 2 particular bytes in one of game's files. Worked flawlessly in 1.12, but entirely prevented updating from 1.12 to 1.2 - made the patcher stuck at 83% (and not progressing for hours, i monitored file system and network connections, so i know in detail how and where it failed). Multiple updater restarts did not help, too. Yet once i removed my hand-made mod and restarted the updater (Gog Galaxy, that is) - 1.2 installed no problem.

Last but not least, mod authors update for 1.2 and for most of them, it takes few weeks to release versions fully compatible with 1.2 whenever they do, and then users download those, too.

So you see, in a few more weeks, i'd expect big drop in Nexus downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom