So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
it's very simple for me. i still believe in the game. i hope this will all become a very bad memory. Obviously I was angry but this is already in the past. I wait and I remain convinced that CD Projekt will do, not a miracle but miracles.
notice; I have the collector's guide, it's a masterpiece.

This is just plain unfactual. Look at the preorders for this game. The majority of presales for this game was on PC. This is facts. I'm not saying which system is better or anything. I'm just saying the numbers are the numbers. Majority of preorders were on PC. Draw from that what you want.
Source? just curious, I am a pc player. Want to see those numbers.

I do happen to lean towards this recent development/topic of this thread being Sony deciding to mess around with CDPR, given that I've noticed that CDPR has pretty routinely prioritized Microsoft over Sony ...

I would rather believe that this is a push back from Sony, after CDPR claimed people can get refunds and then pointing them to the digital store. Result being that if Sony denies the refund then, well it's Sony policy but hey we're the good guys, blame Sony.
As a follow-up this is a well deserved bitch slap from Sony. Furthemore leaning over and saying, wake the fuck up CDPR, you got a game to fix.

Sony is - even - a game co-producer. If you think about it further, music, household appliances, etc ... is a giant with many divisions. Well, let Sony be a lesson, then: check what you're going to sign below.

Sony is a lot of things. Some good and some bad.

But the main point that I was trying to make is that I had seen a lot of references throughout this thread before I chimed in are about how Sony certified the game, and I wanted to give some basic context of what that means.

It literally means that they certified it wouldn't brick their hardware, not about how good or bad a game is. (And I don't yet have a formed opinion about how good or bad the PC version of Cyberpunk is yet.)

This is not weighing in on the rest of this discussion beyond what I already have at this time (yet). It's just making it clear what their certification actually entails. Nothing beyond agreeing that a game won't harm their hardware.

I would rather believe that this is a push back from Sony, after CDPR claimed people can get refunds and then pointing them to the digital store. Result being that if Sony denies the refund then, well it's Sony policy but hey we're the good guys, blame Sony.
As a follow-up this is a well deserved bitch slap from Sony. Furthemore leaning over and saying, wake the fuck up CDPR, you got a game to fix.

That wouldn't surprise me either. This is, at least to me, pretty clearly a PR battle at work. I strongly disagree with Sony's refund and censorship policies. I disagree with how CDPR advertised the game's performance on consoles and when and how they lifted the review embargo and, to a certain extent, their decision on when and on what platforms to release on.

Multiple companies can have good points and bad things going for them. I don't think it's as clear-cut (at least not this time) as Sony = Good and CDPR = Bad, or, conversely CDPR = Good and Sony = Bad.

I bought the game and I don't want to refund it, I want to keep it and receive regular updates.
Will I have a game left on PS4 and will I receive those updates? Is there an answer to this somewhere?

Guessing its cuz of ppl wanting to support CDPR trough GOG...
Yeah, I actually preordered it through a local store (it was a bit discounted and got some nice physical goodies). I'm loving the game so far, despite playing on a laptop. But still sucks to be them rn I guess.

I bought the game and I don't want to refund it, I want to keep it and receive regular updates.
Will I have a game left on PS4 and will I receive those updates? Is there an answer to this somewhere?

yes, can be right about this, i have sure. CD still - and HARD - working on patchs to PS4.

You can still play the game but it's up to Sony to decide whether any patches can be given to people who own the game.

Yea, NMS and Anthem didnt get pulled from PS store lol

In faireness, Sony probably didn't remove NMS as they themselves were guilty of ratcheting up the hype and expectations for the game. I do recall the developers at one point desperately trying to downplay some of the hype.
Post automatically merged:

But as the game had priority for today's computers, which the vast majority have

Source? I was under the impression that consoles outnumber PCs in terms of gaming.

Sony did the right thing. They shouldn't have certified the game to begin with, but at least now they're telling CDPR to do their job won't let them make money on a bad early access sold at full price.

I hope this will teach a lesson to everybody:

- CDPR to care a little bit of console players, since not everybody wants to spend 2000€ for ray tracing and shit

- Sony not to trust unreliable developers when certifying games(The Witcher 3 was in the exact same situation)

- us gamers not to trust anybody, not even the ones who try that hard to give us the impression they care (no DRM, no microtransactions), ask for pre orders and then scam us with early access games, like I'm paying to be a beta tester. Give me a goddamn salary and hire me in QA of you wish so.

It's unacceptable that I'm having continuous crashes on PS5 because reasons and I'm literally forced to fast travel instead of driving otherwise I'm thrown back to the ps5 home.

I will never pre order a game from CDPR again. NEVER. I had a discount this time but should it happen again I will definitely use it for other companies which are way more reliable.

they should release a statement about this
I mean, if sony is offering a full refund, will CDPR give up on fixing the game on last-gen since it's not even on stores anymore

I seriously doubt that CDPR will give up on at the very least making the game playable on PS4/Xbox One. I don't have the transcript in front of me at the moment but I'll say I'm 99% certain that CDPR stated to their investors that this is their number one priority. One of the investors who owned a PS4 himself said essentially "I don't expect the game on PS4/Xbox One to be of the same quality as next gen and PC but I would like to be able to play through the game." to which one of the dudes from CDPR said "You will be able to."

I don't know to what extent CDPR will salvage this game beyond mere bugs/glitches and playability but I have very little doubt (miniscule levels in fact) that they will do everything they can to make sure this game is quality (in terms of functionality at least) to whatever extent is possible on PS4/Xbox.

To what degree they realize the damage that has been done to their reputation I don't know but for certain they know they've taken a massive hit to their reputation and I fully believe they intend to work hard to repair that damage. To what extent that is possible and to what extent they're willing to go, I have no idea.

In faireness, Sony probably didn't remove NMS as they themselves were guilty of ratcheting up the hype and expectations for the game. I do recall the developers at one point desperately trying to downplay some of the hype.

Source? I was under the impression that consoles outnumber PCs in terms of gaming.

I dont have, my source its my context, friends, who i know from social rede. I can't be sure and know numbers. but I suspect that it is. But here I will be more emphatic in my country. Here the currency has been very weak in recent years and the dollar is extremely expensive. PS5 is the price equivalent to a car in my country.

Ohhh it will hurt their pockets. The stock value already went to shit and is gonna go even more tommorrow after investors find out Sony took it off the store.

At this point Microsoft might just jump in to buy them out lolol

But yea the whole "Its running surprisingly well on old gen" was the biggest bullcrap ever.

Imagine if the game came out on original release in April lol
I hope to god not. I don't want Microsoft to buy them out. I don't trust that putting their games in GamePass will give then the budget they need for their games. They will recoup from this. Remember they already made the money back from the game just from the pre orders. This will hit them hard money wise. Not enough to destroy them just enough so they dont ever try to pull this disgusting behavior again.

it's very simple for me. i still believe in the game. i hope this will all become a very bad memory. Obviously I was angry but this is already in the past. I wait and I remain convinced that CD Projekt will do, not a miracle but miracles.
notice; I have the collector's guide, it's a masterpiece.
Most of us believe in the game. If you see past how broken the game is you can see its an amazing game. But thats not the point. This is the only way CDPR will understand. By trying to release this game on Christmas might have hurt them more financially than delaying it again.

Sony did the right thing. They shouldn't have certified the game to begin with, but at least now they're telling CDPR to do their job won't let them make money on a bad early access sold at full price.

On this one, narrow point...

Console certification has nothing to do with a game's quality or non-quality. All certification is for Sony and Microsoft is a stipulation that a game will not break their hardware in some way and can therefore be allowed on their hardware.

It has nothing to do with actually reviewing the game.

Top Bottom