So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Different strokes.

For me, just being able to bomb down Night City at night on a Kusanagi, music blaring, in first person, is worth the price of admission alone. And instantly became one of my favorite gaming experiences thanks to growing up oogling Akira and Blade Runner. That and honestly, the game just feels like Witcher 3 with cars, guns, and cyberpunk. The gameplay loops are almost exactly the same. The world is almost just as empty of things to do (Gwent at least made up for this). The NPC's are just as flat.

None of these are excuses for the city being the way it is. Simply that I'm fine with those above things, and didn't have much expectation for this game other than getting that. Though there does seem to be a lack of more meaty side quests. They exist, but there's fewer of them, and if they do have meat, they just seem to suddenly screech to a halt.

Graphics, at least on PC, also elevates the game for me. Usually I'm not much of a graphics snob, but this game is damn beautiful most of the time.

However, I totally get mileage varies WILDLY here. Because the game is buggy as hell, and because there's stuff obviously censored and/or flat out missing. Not to mention optimization issues on PC for a lot of people, and the inexcusable console releases. So I will agree with you on the fact the game is definitely not where it should be, at all. And my saying it's 'amazing' is very literally only my opinion.
That's fair enough and I might have "sounded" more harsh than I meant to be in my original reply.

The city is gorgeous, no way about it, especially on console, probably the most beautiful city in a game, ever. I love it, truly the city of my dreams.

At first I also enjoyed just cruising around in my car looking at it, but as soon as I stepped out I noticed the faults. It's a damn shame nothing is interactive. Game feels more like an Ubisoft open world or Borderlands. Hell, Ubisoft worlds usually have more meaningful things to do than this. The AI being terrible is also a huge problem for me, and breaks immersion constantly.

For me the game is a 7/10 at the moment. I hope it can become a 10/10 with some more work put into it. After I complete my current playthrough I will probably put it down for a few months and come back to it after a bunch of patches, DLC and an expansion have been released for it. I've gotten my 60 dollars worth, no doubt about it. I just wish it was the same game they presented in that 2018 demo, the amount of cut content depresses me.

To be fair, everyone speaks for themselves and that doesn't guarantee 'reasons', even in the midst of majorities. If the opposite were true, crowds would turn terrible things into 'reasons'. It happens sometimes. They are not always right about something ...

Although there is general agreement about the possibility of improving the game and this is the interest (or should be) of those who participate in this forum and not simply do hate spam in order to denigrate a good game and those who worked on it in a situation adverse to ours.
Post automatically merged:

I can easly and with a i5, GTX 970.
Not at ultra setting, as seen on the advertised-like-quality.

So on a related note, of the friends I have (2 of them who play on ps4), they have had no issues with the game. The interesting part is while they both have a ps4 standard and not pro, they also both using SSD's. I play on PC myself and am just going off what they have said. I was asking one of them earlier if he has encountered any issues at all, graphical or otherwise. He said beyond maybe a crash once an evening or so during long gameplay sessions, he hasn't experienced any other issues.

Makes me wonder if it is purely the SSD that makes the difference. Would make sense at least for the texture loading issues.I mean hell, on PC we have that toggle for slow HD's... I've not played on the console version but I am assuming they have no such setting.
Post automatically merged:

Also to address the topic of graphics setting and smooth gameplay.

I also play on Ultra.

Have to run it at 1140 though for truly smooth. When up at 4k I notice a little bit of chop so only switch to it for photo mode. 4k is playable, but def notice the difference.

I am also using one of the engine patches on nexus mods to adjust the memory and vram pool. I am sure that makes a difference but to be honest I didn't do any serious testing to see exactly how much of a difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom