So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
You’re right. People shouldn’t have that expectation. You could state that people shouldn’t have expected the game to run at all on 13 year old hardware, or at least at a stable 30 frames.

Though to be fair, CDPR did just that by announcing it for 13 year old hardware. And yes, it does “run”, but not the way most people find acceptable.

I’ll still blame CDPR for creating that expectation discrepancy.

Despite being a pc player myself, I still feel the urge to post this. (We could all use a laugh)

I think they were in a "no win" situation. Pandemic, lack of next gen console supply due to scalpers. I do believe though if history is anything to go by they will do everything they can to fix it.

Update: A statement from CD Projekt Red confirms the removal of Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and notes that physical copies will remain available. Cyberpunk 2077 will continue to receive updates on PlayStation 4.2 hours ago

You "should be a PC exclusive" crowd need to realize these simple facts.

- The console market is still, to this day, bigger than the PC market. Way more accessible too. PC market is apparently 48% of gamers, a lot of them do not have the hardware to run CP2077 properly. A 500$ console will.

- More importantly, most of the genre defining games we've come to know and love of the last 2 decades would've ever existed if the consoles market didn't exist.

There was even a time when the PC crowd was less than 35% of the entire gaming market.

My mouth is sealed shut. I'll say nothing. This is a great game.
Do some technical research on this situation.
I won't post my own conclusions.
Draw your own conclusions using plain common sense.
I love PS4. Many great games like the Last of Us Remastered etc. I fully respect people who play on PS4, I wish I had one.

Even Fallout 76 didn't have this happen to them, and that game was 1/10 th as good as this game.

- The console market is still, to this day, bigger than the PC market. Way more accessible too. PC market is apparently 48% of gamers, a lot of them do not have the hardware to run CP2077 properly. A 500$ console will.

- More importantly, most of the genre defining games we've come to know and love of the last 2 decades would've ever existed if the consoles market didn't exist.

There was even a time when the PC crowd was less than 35% of the entire gaming market.
This is just plain unfactual. Look at the preorders for this game. The majority of presales for this game was on PC. This is facts. I'm not saying which system is better or anything. I'm just saying the numbers are the numbers. Majority of preorders were on PC. Draw from that what you want.

Elder Scrolls. Gothic. Witcher. VTM: Bloodlines. Deus ex. Fallout. Mount & Blade. Divinity Original Sin 2.
LMAO. Gothic!?. VtM:Bloodlines the rpg that the devs had to leave for modders and fans to fix? Elder Scrolls. Come on. You must be trolling.

PC is becoming more and more accessible though with much more parts coming out, way more choices than ever before. It's increasingly easier to purchase a cheap PC and it will only continue to get better. Consoles will remain at the bottom and probably start to fade out this decade.

This is just plain unfactual. Look at the preorders for this game. The majority of presales for this game was on PC. This is facts. I'm not saying which system is better or anything. I'm just saying the numbers are the numbers. Majority of preorders were on PC.

You missing the point. If the console market didn't exist, the budget for this game would've been a fraction of what it was. If they couldn't pull it off with nearly 350K millions, can you think of what game we would've gotten if they had, say, 175K millions?

PC is becoming more and more accessible though with much more parts coming out, way more choices than ever before. It's increasingly easier to purchase a cheap PC and it will only continue to get better. Consoles will remain at the bottom and probably start to fade out this decade.

Now that is something I actually agree on. Heck, if the likes if Google and Nvidia could get their shit together there might not even be a point in building a high tier PC in the near future.

Yet, that's not where we are at right now. Point still stands.

Seriously, you dismiss Chrono trigger as a genre defining RPG... and you name Mount and blade.... Really?

I never had the patience for what nintendo people consider 'RPG'; I -personally- don't consider JRPGs as real RPGs, though I won't say enjoying them is wrong. I simply don't like them.

Unfortunately, M&B is more of an RPG than Cyberpunk, though I will admit for different reasons. There's a lot more opportunity to roleplay and write your own story, though it doesn't have one of its own.

You missing the point. If the console market didn't exist, the budget for this game would've been a fraction of what it was. If they couldn't pull it off with nearly 350K millions, can you think of what game we would've gotten if they had, say, 175K millions?

Maybe if they had a smaller but more focused dev team and didn't chase next gen graphics they could've focused on designing a tighter experience. I honestly don't think anyone here will mind if the game looked worse but ran better and had more gameplay depth, rather than a pretty picture with no substance.

Well go ahead then and buy a 500 dollar PC and see what you can do with it. People make me laugh. The console makers sell the units at a loss and then consumers complain when it doesn't perform up to their standards.

By the way I have both a console (XBox One X) and a AMD ThreadRipper PC with a 128GB of RAM. The game runs fine on both my boxes. Oh wait that's right they're not 13 yrs old

Top Bottom