So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
I heard employees were treated poorly while being made to rush the game out. Now, we have a broken game and they have broken employees. Whoever manages that company needs to be fired. So messed up.
Unfortunately somethings are out of their hands when they decide to market it so heavily and investors want their money. We may form opinions but we do not know the truth behind it all.

The original game director for Cyberpunk quit January of last year. This guy wrote the quests for the W2 and W3 and was promoted to take the lead for Cyberpunk. That being said, he probably left due to the issues you mentioned and/or didn't agree with the direction the game was going.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/aj6aj8
Blizzard? Don't know if thats a step up and thats coming from someone who used to praise everything Blizzard put out before they were acquired by Hacktivision.

I have a question for all of you.

Would all of this backlash would have occurred if this wasn't released on last generation? I don't own a console, so I can't say for myself because I haven't experienced it myself.

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be on last generation. I don't care if you have last generation or current generation, PC, or still playing on NES.
From the rumors that we have, yeah one of the main struggles were caused by last gen compatibility.

The issues on last gen do seem to be much worse on Playstation from what I've seen. Probably since the jump from PC to Xbox is much easier.

Actually I watched Digital Foundry run a performance test on last gen. They are highly trusted for performance related reviews. They said ps4 has better hardware, aside from the xbox one's gpu, and that the worst version is on the xbox one.

It is not surprising that an advertised next gen experience, I mean honestly the graphics are down right gorgeous. Is running poorly on old technology. Why not upgrade to anything that offers DLSS 2.0, it will be the way forward with PC gaming and they will keep upgrading it. And this is not just a post saying get a high end graphics card, but you should upgrade at this point if you want to be playing AAA games that push the next gen experience instead of just saying its an unoptimized mess.
I do have a next gen hardware its called a ps5 which I bought for $500 instead of upgrading my entire pc for $1000 or more

Blizzard? Don't know if thats a step up and thats coming from someone who used to praise everything Blizzard put out before they were acquired by Hacktivision.
I still have hope for Diablo 4. If they mess that up Im out. As someone who played D2 for 10 years, 3 sucked. 4 looks like its going to try and fit the mold of 2. We'll see though.

I have a question for all of you.

Would all of this backlash would have occurred if this wasn't released on last generation? I don't own a console, so I can't say for myself because I haven't experienced it myself.

I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be on last generation. I don't care if you have last generation or current generation, PC, or still playing on NES.
Even if the game wasn't broken. Even if it can run on 4k 60fps without any bugs on all platforms. There's still gonna be backlash because of the missing/underdeveloped content.

Actually I watched Digital Foundry run a performance test on last gen. They are highly trusted for performance related reviews. They said ps4 has better hardware, aside from the xbox one's gpu, and that the worst version is on the xbox one.

That's not in question. I know the PS4 has better hardware.

What I'm saying is that the game seems to runs better on Xbox because the port from PC to Xbox is much easier and vice versa (and easier to optimize) due to the systems architectures. Which is very different on a PS4.

Lets be realistic....This is the corpo world. Sony just made a power move to save face since CDPR promised refunds when Sony always says no. Its just to cover their own legal butts and give a finger to CDPR.

Patches, fixes, and updates will still come... geez. Also the Xbox X and PS5 update patch hasn't even been released either so that's another thing that they put out there before it ever released.

Refund it or don't. It isn't just being optimistic to know they will fix and add on more stuff, but the types of reactions on reddit is exactly why developers quit something they care about. These mistakes happen because of dudes and dudettes in fancy clothes who think profit not product.

People would do it for a perfect game. There's always some issue people can complain about.

I'm not excusing the poor optimization on last gen. I'm just saying that salt has been trending since 2000.
Right, but they would be minority opinions that most people wouldn't give a shit about. A sizeable chunk of this forum and every webspace dedicated to or discussing this game is rife with complaints or criticisms. Besides which, complaints about the quality of video games has been increasing because the level of quality not released games people are forced to accept from big budget games has decreased year on year. Try finding a game breaking bug in msg1 or silent hill or resident evil or super Mario 64. Then jump forward a decade and you have games like Skyrim which was so broken that they managed to make patches that broke the game further. The bugs and overall mess in some of the assassin's creed games has become stuff of legend. Now you come to today and have shit like fallout 76 and this game.

Yes these games eventually get patched, mostly but this should not be acceptable at all and these games only get patched if the developers give a shit and the shareholders and executives allow them to work on it and don't send the development team off to work on another game, which is the fate of many games released in the past 10 or so years.

This should have never become an acceptable standard for games to be in. It sucks personally to see a game I had an interest in get sacrificed as an example of this, but if it improves the standards of games to come then so be it. (It won't though)

I do have a next gen hardware its called a ps5 which I bought for $500 instead of upgrading my entire pc for $1000 or more
I mean you get what you pay for no? A PS5 is not next gen I am sorry to tell you (it is a budget option) even though it is marketed as one it is still severely underperforming compared to a PC since you have locked settings and FPS based on what developers give you. Nvidia is improving their technology so much it is hard not to recommend going with them.

Just saw this on IGN. Sony is now offering refunds officially for it, so this sounds like they did it to offer those refunds. Don't want more people buying it and getting mad just to refund it later. Best to just cut it off at the head.

Hopefully the console versions get fixed....playing on PC, maxed out, with 60fps....the game is amazing. Literally one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Seriously, driving a Kusanagi at 180mph through the city....is....damn fun. It feels like playing Akira....and that's something I've dreamed about since I was like 12.

The way it was released for last gen consoles though, is pretty inexcusable. No one should be charged 60 bucks to play through a slide show.
The game is not amazing though. I also play it on PC maxed out at 60 fps with ocassional drops and there are still plenty of bugs and glitches, weird performance issues at times and the AI is broken. That's not even mentioning all the cut content. I love the story, characters and some of the side missions but that's pretty much it, everything else feels like an empty facade or just broken.

I have a old GTX 750 sitting around somewhere from a old prebuilt computer, before I started building my own computers. I tried playing this game on it, but for some reason it didn't run so smoothly. I looked online and it looked kind of similar to PS4 Xbox One blocky and low resolution textures.

Right, but they would be minority opinions that most people wouldn't give a shit about. A sizeable chunk of this forum and every webspace dedicated to or discussing this game is rife with complaints or criticisms. Besides which, complaints about the quality of video games has been increasing because the level of quality not released games people are forced to accept from big budget games has decreased year on year. Try finding a game breaking bug in msg1 or silent hill or resident evil or super Mario 64. Then jump forward a decade and you have games like Skyrim which was so broken that they managed to make patches that broke the game further. The bugs and overall mess in some of the assassin's creed games has become stuff of legend. Now you come to today and have shit like fallout 76 and this game.

Yes these games eventually get patched, mostly but this should not be acceptable at all and these games only get patched if the developers give a shit and the shareholders and executives allow them to work on it and don't send the development team off to work on another game, which is the fate of many games released in the past 10 or so years.

This should have never become an acceptable standard for games to be in. It sucks personally to see a game I had an interest in get sacrificed as an example of this, but if it improves the standards of games to come then so be it. (It won't though)

To be fair, games have gotten progressively more complex. Comparing Mario 64 to Skyrim is comparing apples with oranges.

More complexity means more potential for bugs. That's just a fact.

That's not to say some very complex games aren't released mostly bug free. I'm merely pointing out that comparing the games of old and the game of today isn't exactly fair.

The game is not amazing though. I also play it on PC maxed out at 60 fps with ocassional drops and there are still plenty of bugs and glitches, weird performance issues at times and the AI is broken. That's not even mentioning all the cut content. I love the story, characters and some of the side missions but that's pretty much it, everything else feels like an empty facade or just broken.

Different strokes.

For me, just being able to bomb down Night City at night on a Kusanagi, music blaring, in first person, is worth the price of admission alone. And instantly became one of my favorite gaming experiences thanks to growing up oogling Akira and Blade Runner. That and honestly, the game just feels like Witcher 3 with cars, guns, and cyberpunk. The gameplay loops are almost exactly the same. The world is almost just as empty of things to do (Gwent at least made up for this). The NPC's are just as flat.

None of these are excuses for the city being the way it is. Simply that I'm fine with those above things, and didn't have much expectation for this game other than getting that. Though there does seem to be a lack of more meaty side quests. They exist, but there's fewer of them, and if they do have meat, they just seem to suddenly screech to a halt.

Graphics, at least on PC, also elevates the game for me. Usually I'm not much of a graphics snob, but this game is damn beautiful most of the time.

However, I totally get mileage varies WILDLY here. Because the game is buggy as hell, and because there's stuff obviously censored and/or flat out missing. Not to mention optimization issues on PC for a lot of people, and the inexcusable console releases. So I will agree with you on the fact the game is definitely not where it should be, at all. And my saying it's 'amazing' is very literally only my opinion.

Last edited:
Why did this post turn into everyone fighting about which system is the best..this is about the game..we were all given an unfinished game with cut content and massive bugs..piss off with you pc is better..consoles are better..who cares..we all play games and enjoy what we even play on..I even still play pong on atari..who cares

Why did this post turn into everyone fighting about which system is the best..this is about the game..we were all given an unfinished game with cut content and massive bugs..piss off with you pc is better..consoles are better..who cares..we all play games and enjoy what we even play on..I even still play pong on atari..who cares
Would you happen to know why the game doesn't run so good on my GTX 750 Ti?

I mean you get what you pay for no? A PS5 is not next gen I am sorry to tell you (it is a budget option) even though it is marketed as one it is still severely underperforming compared to a PC since you have locked settings and FPS based on what developers give you. Nvidia is improving their technology so much it is hard not to recommend going with them.
I used to be a PC layer, yes PC will always be ahead of consoles (I said that before) but again... RTX 3080 starts at $700 you cannot play on the GPU alone since you also need a good CPU to not bottleneck the gpu, good memory, an SSD preferably with more than 1tb space, a power supply, cooling system etc. OR you can buy a console for $500 or less and enjoy the same games which most are made on "consoles first in mind" basis.

For every bad console port there is like 10 bad PC ports. Its just a sad reality. And again, people report issues with Cyberpunk too, unless they got a beefy PC of course.

Top Bottom