So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
You have to wonder. What in the actually fuck was CDPR thinking?
They are incapable of analyzing a release date. Constantly puts a date out then delays it. But worst are not the delays cause I prefer this game to get delayed as many times as needed for it to launch at a great state.
But not only did CDPR launch a broken game with literal parts of the game missing like AI. But knowingly hiding the other versions of the game for review. Then lying to us as though they didn't know the base PS4 and Xbox versions were bad, yet hid those from the reviewers. To go as far as saying it ran surprisingly well on consoles. I wonder who the hell are these people who are making the decisions in this company.
For gods sake CDPR hire me! I would do better job than most of the people that were responsible for this mess.
PS store taking Cyberpunk 2077 off their store was the best thing to have happened since all this. CDPR obviously don't give a fuck and are lying to us. But this will hurt their pockets like a lot. Then maybe this will finally show what they did was just despicable. This all is just so sad. CDPR was my favorite game company and TW3 is my favorite game of all time. To see this is just depressing. All this may change CDPR and make this never try to pull something off like this again.
Ohhh it will hurt their pockets. The stock value already went to shit and is gonna go even more tommorrow after investors find out Sony took it off the store.

At this point Microsoft might just jump in to buy them out lolol

But yea the whole "Its running surprisingly well on old gen" was the biggest bullcrap ever.

Imagine if the game came out on original release in April lol

Ohhh it will hurt their pockets. The stock value already went to shit and is gonna go even more tommorrow after investors find out Sony took it off the store.

At this point Microsoft might just jump in to buy them out lolol

But yea the whole "Its running surprisingly well on old gen" was the biggest bullcrap ever.

Imagine if the game came out on original release in April lol
to me the worst move of all was releasing that "ps4 pro" gameplay and the game was obviously running on a PC. that's straight up false advertisement

I have chosen a random game released on both pc and ps2, grand theft auto San Andreas. Not too taxing a game but not the most basic game either. It's minimum system requirements on PC are as follows:
  • Processor: 1Ghz Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor.
  • Memory: 256MB of RAM.
  • Graphics: 64MB Video Card (Geforce 3 or better)
This is the system specs for the PS2:
CPU: 128-bit "Emotion Engine" (300MHz) with multiple co-processors
RAM: 32MB Rambus DRAM, 4MB Video RAM
Graphics: Dedicated graphics synthesizer connected to CPU via 64-bit 1.2GB/s bus

Now my turn for the questions. Could you please explain how a console with a third of the CPU power, an 8th the ram and an 8th of the vram run this game?
Consoles back in the day that old had different GPU technology not comparable to computer GPUs. There isn't an equivalent GPU to the PS2. If I'm wrong, then what is the equivalent PS2 GPU?
This isn't the case today. There is a very clear equivalent PS4 (base) GPU that you can put into your computer and get similar performance.

Optimize all you want, if you don't meet the minimum hardware and have less than 3 GB of VRAM, you will be very limited.

to me the worst move of all was releasing that "ps4 pro" gameplay and the game was obviously running on a PC. that's straight up false advertisement
I will one up you. The game was being made before Ps5 and XboxSX were even announced. So Why were they even making the game and announcing release on Ps4 and Xboxone if they knew it was in such state? Could have been a PC exclusive until PS5 and XboxSX were out and widely available

Guys please this is important!

So based on the above, if I have a GTX 750 Ti I would get a non-playable experience and get 10-20 FPS at 1080p on low settings. If I have a PC that is below the minimum system requirements, then I shouldn't be trying to play the game on it. Per the person above who was kind enough to share this information with me.

Now, does anyone happen to know the equivalent Nvidia GPUs for the PS4 (base) and Xbox One (base) consoles?
Post automatically merged:

It's relevant to this conversation. Just answer the one question above. And you'll see. I promise you. It's the last question.

I you have potato pc but good internet, play the game on Geforce NOW or Stadia. On Geforce NOW you can turn on RTX even and it works fine.

Consoles back in the day that old had different GPU technology not comparable to computer GPUs. There isn't an equivalent GPU to the PS2. If I'm wrong, then what is the equivalent PS2 GPU?
This isn't the case today. There is a very clear equivalent PS4 (base) GPU that you can put into your computer and get similar performance.

Optimize all you want, if you don't meet the minimum hardware and have less than 2 GB of VRAM, you will be very limited.
The PS4 does not have a comparison because it runs on a proprietary APU made by AMD, not comparable to, well anything really. You can misunderstand consoles all you like I guess but the issues with the game's release on consoles is not down to the power of the consoles themselves and even if it is, that is not the fault of the console in any case.

You guys DO realize that Sony themselves playtested the whole game before giving the certification to sell it on PS4 right? It's part of the process of passing certification for being able to sell a game on a given console.

You guys DO realize that Sony themselves playtested the whole game before giving the certification to sell it on PS4 right? It's part of the process of passing certification for being able to sell a game on a given console.

So, in another world... Sony was selling a umplayable game?

'oh, that's new'... (lol)

So, in another world... Sony was selling a umplayable game?

'oh, that's new'... (lol)

Disclaimer: I have not yet played the game. I ordered the physical PC boxed Collector's Edition and, this being around Christmas, it only arrived AFTER the proverbial shit had hit the fan and I decided to wait for patches before playing my most anticipated game since Witcher 3.

A note on certification. Sony's "certification" process (and Microsoft's for that matter) is not certifying a game is good or not. It's certifying whether a game will break or somehow damage their hardware or not.

I do happen to lean towards this recent development/topic of this thread being Sony deciding to mess around with CDPR, given that I've noticed that CDPR has pretty routinely prioritized Microsoft over Sony over the years and they probably weren't thrilled with CDPR offering refunds that Sony normally would not without Sony's approval, but it is important information nevertheless that "certification" is not the console makers looking at a game and rating it as a quality game.

They're console makers, not game reviewers.

It is literally just saying "This game can be on our hardware because it won't break it".

That makes me laugh.
So, sony gets rid of Cbpunk. But other effed up games, like "Anthem" are allowed to stay? C'mon Sony?! How sucky can you get, lol.

Yeah, this is just to put more pressure on CDPR to push out the consoles fixes asap.
Post automatically merged:

Is that a good thing? Doesn't sound like a good thing. I feel if CDPR loses even more control over their company, then I will pretty much be done with their games.
Yeah, like they've had great control so far, right? ( -$1 billion worth of control).

That's on the console manufacturers for not meeting the demand. Don't blame others for making money off of stupidity.

Walmart denied over 20 million bot request for consoles just today. I can't wait until alot of those scalpers realize they've taken more consoles than anyone would ever play $1500 for. Christ at that point just a get a top line gaming rig.

Disclaimer: I have not yet played the game. I ordered the physical PC boxed Collector's Edition and, this being around Christmas, it only arrived AFTER the proverbial shit had hit the fan and I decided to wait for patches before playing my most anticipated game since Witcher 3.

A note on certification. Sony's "certification" process (and Microsoft's for that matter) is not certifying a game is good or not. It's certifying whether a game will break or somehow damage their hardware or not.

I do happen to lean towards this recent development/topic of this thread being Sony deciding to mess around with CDPR, given that I've noticed that CDPR has pretty routinely prioritized Microsoft over Sony over the years and they probably weren't thrilled with CDPR offering refunds that Sony normally would not without Sony's approval, but it is important information nevertheless that "certification" is not the console makers looking at a game and rating it as a quality game.

They're console makers, not game reviewers.

It is literally just saying "This game can be on our hardware because it won't break it".

Sony is - even - a game co-producer. If you think about it further, music, household appliances, etc ... is a giant with many divisions. Well, let Sony be a lesson, then: check what you're going to sign below.

Top Bottom