So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Yep, sounds about right. I'm personally more concerned about CDPR's handling of the launch more than the game itself. It's one thing to release a shoddy game, but it's another to continuously dig a hole with excuses and feigned surprise. Seriously, maybe if they didn't lie at every turn there would be some sort of redemption. But now? I'm guessing they can kiss any future pre-orders good bye. I don't trust them as far as I can cyber-throw em'.

Good. They needed some consequences to their decisions. I'd lose my job if I ever tried to pass of anything close to the condition they launched this game in. An absolute embarrassment that sets the example for other devs. Don't tell people you're doing more than your capable of
When I see the number of sony gamepads coming straight from japan with two to three week waits for them to last me a month because the quality is crap, honestly sony should be getting small. (It says the same thing concerning xbox controllers)

great way of dismissing someone's point. I disagree. That is the mindset we need to change devs need to start by designing games that break their current technologies and design practices and innovate . The need to design games that will be " next gen " when they are complete. Not games that are compatible with current / past technologies.

Yes people will be left behind . That is a defining aspect of life itself. Move forward , Adapt , Innovate or stay stagnate and get left behind.

I have made a more detailed comment here

I'm not sure what that means. I find the game great for what it is, a story and character driven RPG with an open world. "Next Gen" just means better graphics which the PC version does provide. I'm not sure where the innovation is supposed to come from the western RPG genre is more or less set at this point. I'd rather a game do something that was done before well than throw in new systems that don't add much for the sake of innovation.

I didn't follow Cyberpunks hype, I don't follow game hype, because it just makes everyone imagine what their perfect version of the game is. Everyone's opinion on what makes the game perfect is different and they all inevitably walk away disappointed when it doesn't manage to be everything to everybody.

Aside from squashing bugs, AI improvements, and some balancing, I'm not sure what else they need to add to the game.

Like, EA game, Bethesda or Bioware, 'of corse'...

Abd all refund your players... 'obvious'...
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, i have. :)
None of those have ever put out something this bad. And it's not even some amazing game that makes you look away from it's faults. It's a painfully mediocre action game and a shallow RPG. From the unprecedented delays to this launch, this will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in gaming history. Their handling of this whole thing has been abismal. I hope heads roll and there's a serious "reorg"

None of those publishers have ever put out something this bad. And it's not even some amazing game that makes you look away from it's faults. It's a painfully mediocre action game and a shallow RPG. From the unprecedented delays to this launch, this will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in gaming history. Their handling of this whole thing has been abismal. I hope heads roll and there's a serious "reorg"

- remember, ever, bad for you. The game is good to me, need some polish, but, is good. Dont frghet this, 'for you' can be 'bad' :)

The removal...At least according to some of the articles I read, wasn't simply Sony taking the game down. CDPR and Sony communicated about what the best option was and both agreed to removing it from the store until a later date...

Post just got deleted for personal attacks and rudeness. If this happens again in this thread - we will have to close it.

None of those have ever put out something this bad. And it's not even some amazing game that makes you look away from it's faults. It's a painfully mediocre action game and a shallow RPG. From the unprecedented delays to this launch, this will be seen as one of the biggest blunders in gaming history. Their handling of this whole thing has been abismal. I hope heads roll and there's a serious "reorg"

You're kidding right? Bioware put out Mass Effect Andromeda which was bug ridden, with crappy dialogue, and forgotten in a month. Bethesda just recycles the same bugs from an old engine into every game since Oblivion, even the bugs their fans go out of the way to fix themselves with mods. The game is only reviewing poorly on last gen, and last gen is nearly dead. You have to be trolling.:think:

I read, wasn't simply Sony taking the game down. CDPR and Sony communicated about what the best option was and both agreed to removing it from the store until a later date.
I find it very hard to believe that this is a mutual decision of CDPR and Sony. If it was one, it should have been presented as such to avoid further PR and stock disaster for CDPR. What happened is too extraordinary for the industry, i dont really know, but i more on part with the version where Sony decision was caused, apart other unknown reasons, by the fact that the CDPR announced refunds without making any specific agreements with Sony.

I find it very hard to believe that this is a mutual decision of CDPR and Sony. If it was one, it should have been presented as such to avoid further PR and stock disaster for CDPR. What happened is too extraordinary for the industry, i dont really know, but i more on part with the version where Sony decision was caused, apart other unknown reasons, by the fact that the CDPR announced refunds without making any specific agreements with Sony.

The decision was mutual, although, from the facts, what was seen is that Sony was resistant to refunds (the CD had already released this before).

what happened is nothing 'extraordinary', what has been 'extraordinary' is the shouting of the unprofessional press around gossip, alias, gossip that they themselves fed for years (before the launch) to gain the attention of their audiences.

A storm in a small glass of water

The CD follows the sales leader for PC on Steam, if that weren't enough, sales of the game The Witcher 3 are still extremely high. Not by chance, they are also offering, as I understand it, refunds for physical copies of the game. Perhaps this, in a positive way, is 'extraordinary'. I, Iskras, do not know of another company that has been as concerned with refunds as CD.

Future

I hope the best for CD, its workers and the game. But I would also like the company executives to be more realistic about business, but that is just my wish, I cannot intervene. If it depended solely on my will, I would continue to be a game producer and not an 'agent in the business world' - even if it risked being 'eaten' by some larger monopoly.

I don't get it, if people are unhappy with the game, stop playing it, why are you even here hating it? You could, you know, spend time doing something you like?
I'm having super fun with the game on PS4 slim.

I don't get it, if people are unhappy with the game, stop playing it, why are you even here hating it? You could, you know, spend time doing something you like?
Yeah, I love the core game play. I understand people complaining about the bugs but people that want to make the game their own should just stop talking and play a different game or make a game themselves.

They didn't just remove it from the store, they are offering refunds to everybody who bought it, regardless of how much they played. This is unprecedented!

I support sony in this decision. Those poor console gamers got robbed by CDPR. I'd even support sony forcing them to refund 150% of the price of the game to PS4 players, to compensate them for their wasted time on CDPR's lies.

To be clear, I'm having a lot of fun with the game on PC, but if I was a console gamer, I would be pissed off. Those console players have every right to be mad at CDPR, and Sony knows it.

If games like this came out regularly, people would actually, finally stop buying consoles, so Sony doesn't really have much choice in the matter. CDPR brought this on themeselves.

They didn't just remove it from the store, they are offering refunds to everybody who bought it, regardless of how much they played. This is unprecedented!

I support sony in this decision. Those poor console gamers got robbed by CDPR. I'd even support sony forcing them to refund 150% of the price of the game to PS4 players, to compensate them for their wasted time on CDPR's lies.

To be clear, I'm having a lot of fun with the game on PC, but if I was a console gamer, I would be pissed off. Those console players have every right to be mad at CDPR, and Sony knows it.

If games like this came out regularly, people would actually, finally stop buying consoles, so Sony doesn't really have much choice in the matter. CDPR brought this on themeselves.

Just to inform, the support to PS ll still up. Patchs, etc... And other information, who interceded with Sony was the CD, until then, Sony, by itself, was not accepting a refund. The game will continue, according to a joint decision, to receive patches and repairs, as well as will be available to those who continue with the game.

I really hope this is a wake up call to all AAA game companies who release their games in a highly buggy state at launch, especially when they're so highly anticipated! Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard etc. should start taking notes!

Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game, when it works and CDPR have a good track record for making great games so it's disappointing that it's come to this but lessons need to be learned and I hope this changes the way that games are announced and release dates are set! I just feel sorry for all the development staff that had to suffer through crunch to get this game out when management demanded it and then got criticism from the customers when it wasn't their fault!

Do you often buy something and then just don't use it because it does not work? Good for you but other people usually want their money back and then they go enjoy other stuff.

Top Bottom